Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

PMSL

Is that about 100 new STs sold since his last tweet last week :)

My estimate of £7k STs seems well off the mark now, it seems the novelty has worn off already. Looking forward to those bleak cold Tuesday nights in January, especially when half the ST holders abandon them for being ****e! Should see record lows of 3k at fortress fratton!

I remember about 10 years ago they actually only had 2731 at home to Blackburn (then a Prem side) in a League Cup 2nd leg match. That single attendance sums up their level of support for me.

Anyone else spotted the obvious spin in this story. I would expect season ticked sales to be an infinite percentage higher this year - these two sentance make it clear why, so I don't get the euphoria:

Pompey remain 40 per cent up on this stage last summer and have 30 per cent ‘new’ customers.

What makes our figures even better is that last season’s sales were launched quite late (June) so it was a condensed period to sell tickets.

Anyone else spotted the obvious spin in this story. I would expect season ticked sales to be an infinite percentage higher this year - these two sentance make it clear why, so I don't get the euphoria:

Pompey remain 40 per cent up on this stage last summer and have 30 per cent ‘new’ customers.

What makes our figures even better is that last season’s sales were launched quite late (June) so it was a condensed period to sell tickets.

Hold on a sec... How many of these season tickets are purchased by Trust members? I'd be more interested in the breakdown of the cost of these tickets... I'd hazard a guess and say that the income from these season tickets won't actually be that much.

You've spent your £1,000, you get a discounted season ticket right? I would expect at least those people who gave money to the trust to get season tickets so how much of that figure are regular non trust fans?

How many Trust members are there?

‘It’s incredible, our fans are buying season tickets in their droves.

LOL, too funny to contemplate,

Plus they have made it much cheaper to buy ST now in cash than later so it make sense there selling a lot initially.

A lot 5150 LOL

They've buried/delayed the debts and chased the criminals out of the club.

This is the brave new world, the dream scanario where every penny goes to the club, the stayaway blue army returns to the fortress, and the community stands proudly alongside the Trust.

So why only 5,000 sales at this stage? :scared:

With the discounts and the feelgood factor I honestly expected them to hit twice that fairly sharpish.

Obviously that figure will increase - but if sales start to slow anytime soon they could be straight into cashflow problems before the season even starts.

Bournemouth are first seed of the south. COME ON YOU CHERRIES!!! Sorry for being like a childish two year old but I like the Cherries as they have not spent tonnes, got a decent youth academy, only one of their players isn't homegrown and got to the Championship and hopefully in 4 seasons they will be in the Prem. Then even though I like them I will enjoy Saints giving them a footballing lesson. :D

Bournemouth are first seed of the south. COME ON YOU CHERRIES!!! Sorry for being like a childish two year old but I like the Cherries as they have not spent tonnes,

They've spent a hell of a lot of money in fees and wages, granted not as much as the Skates, but a hell of a lot for a club of their size. They are Pompey lite.

Bournemouth are first seed of the south. COME ON YOU CHERRIES!!! Sorry for being like a childish two year old but I like the Cherries as they have not spent tonnes, got a decent youth academy, only one of their players isn't homegrown and got to the Championship and hopefully in 4 seasons they will be in the Prem. Then even though I like them I will enjoy Saints giving them a footballing lesson. :D

No thanks. They're a bunch of nobbers, like their mentally backward brothers to the east of us. And they've spent sh1tloads. Don't mind if they implode either... which I think they will, right after relegation back to L1.

Is the PDT plan based on gates of 12k every match? Assuming they sell 7k of season tickets, can anyone reasonably expect another 5k of walkups on matchday?

All depends on whether or not the TV cameras are going to be outside for them to tell the world how "loyal, passionate and massive" they are.

Is the PDT plan based on gates of 12k every match? Assuming they sell 7k of season tickets, can anyone reasonably expect another 5k of walkups on matchday?

No, the business plan is flexible enough to be reworked to suit any situation.

7305214f6af69e9ac494a85f3747fec1_normal.jpegMark Waldron@pn_mark_waldron (Editor of the Portsmouth News)

Top meetings this week with @engagePompey@colinfarmery@Walkthe9T2 & @Pompeys12thMan to discuss ideas & events. Exciting times...

Walking away from Fratton Park it is still staggering to think Still humbled by what's been achieved at #pompey in last 18 months

Yep, c.£150m worth of debt wiped out in a stroke of an airbrush. Staggering indeed... good choice of word.

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/catlin-delight-at-pompey-feel-good-factor-1-5187546

Mark Catlin has toasted the Pompey feel-good factor which has gripped the city.

The club are reporting bumper season ticket sales and a leap in corporate and hospitality receipts this summer.

What’s more, with seven weeks to go until the Blues’ August 3 kick-off, numbers are going to rise even further.

It is testament to the environment created by the Pompey Supporters’ Trust and presidents since taking over the club on April 19.

The entrance of the new ownership has reinvigorated both Pompey and their followers.

In addition, new permanent boss Guy Whittingham has so far recruited 13 players for his squad.

And Catlin believes the Fratton faithful are brimming with optimism.

Pompey’s chief executive said: ‘The team at this club have generated that feel-good factor.

‘I get into a taxi and the first thing I say is “are you a Pompey fan?” and they say “yes, it’s brilliant what is going on”.

‘If that is a straw poll – and taxi drivers normally are a pretty good gauge of opinion – then I am delighted.

‘I have got about 10 taxis in the past two weeks and every one of them are Pompey fans.

‘They are talking about getting a season ticket or they have already renewed but they all say there is a general air of excitement about the club at the minute.

‘It is not always going to be that way, I have been around football long enough to know there is going to come a sticky period for us.

‘But because our level of goodwill is so high, I think as a business we are going to be quite robust now.

‘If we do go through a bad period for whatever reason – and I don’t see anything on the horizon – I think we have built up a lot of goodwill that will carry us through.’

Not "totally" robust....not "completely" robust.....not "very" robust.......but "quite" robust.

Leaving yourself some breathing space on that one Mr Catlin...?

p.s. I wonder if he's charging all those taxis to expenses...?

Edited by trousers

They've buried/delayed the debts and chased the criminals out of the club.

This is the brave new world, the dream scanario where every penny goes to the club, the stayaway blue army returns to the fortress, and the community stands proudly alongside the Trust.

So why only 5,000 sales at this stage? :scared:

With the discounts and the feelgood factor I honestly expected them to hit twice that fairly sharpish.

Obviously that figure will increase - but if sales start to slow anytime soon they could be straight into cashflow problems before the season even starts.

And that's the point, if I was them I'd snap up the cheap ticket asap before they realise they've f**ked up. Ticket for life anyone?

Comments section on this article about Bradford's Capital One Cup Final tickets says they had 8500 SEASON TICKETS last season, although of course they're not "newly relegated", they've been watching League Two football for 6 years, which of course would make them MORE likely to buy an ST than someone who was seeing it for the first time, Mr Allen... of course it would, of course...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10194662.Bradford_City_sell_8_000_Wembley_tickets_in_two_hours/

Sometimes I wish it was possible to save some posts in favourites. This would be in there for me.

@pn_neil_allen: Heart goes out to Coventry supporters after latest bombshell. Situation all too familiar to #Pompey followers. http://t.co/sxMLy6XijQ

@pn_neil_allen: RT @iepeach: So much synergy with what's happening at Coventry and what we went through. #coventry #pompey

Erm.... Did I miss the bit where Coventry cheated their way to a cup win followed by ripping off the tax payer, businesses and charities to the tune of £150m...?

Yeah, almost identical... :facepalm:

@pn_neil_allen: Heart goes out to Coventry supporters after latest bombshell. Situation all too familiar to #Pompey followers. http://t.co/sxMLy6XijQ

@pn_neil_allen: RT @iepeach: So much synergy with what's happening at Coventry and what we went through. #coventry #pompey

Erm.... Did I miss the bit where Coventry cheated their way to a cup win followed by ripping off the tax payer, businesses and charities to the tune of £150m...?

Yeah, almost identical... :facepalm:

If I was a Cov fan I'd be outraged with that lot down the road trying to associate the plight of Cov with the going on's at Nottarf Krap.

Last night was the first time in the 2013 summer transfer window a signing by a South Coast club trended worldwide...

BMv1ThXCIAEJmwb.png

Odd that Johnny Etrl, Romain Padovani, David Connolly, Joe Devera, Danny East, Andy Barcham etc etc didn't. ;)

Pochettino on hearing the news that it was trending worldwide...

BMyty8yCUAAE5Al.png

Good research Factless, we weren't promoted in 09/10.

Hey, I'll take that. According to factless we had three promotions in a row. What an age that was. ;)

Who could have known that the Skate's habit of re-writing history to meet an agenda could actually work in our favour!

you are right DM, everything is fantastic - getting relegated was the best move they ever made, the future really is bright in the 4th tier.

In fact, if someone now offered them a higher place in the league structure they would say no, it's tremendous to be in League Two with fewer than 10k season ticket holders, and less TV income than the estate of Jimmy Savile.

They've signed some waifs and strays, they've done a deal to have the bins emptied, the park is rocking, and the whole town is buzzing with expectancy.

So they're in an amazingly strong position, it's a golden era for the blue army - and that might become true if you say it enough times.

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey are away to Bournemouth in the Capital One Cup!

Bury v Crewe Alexandra

Shrewsbury Town v Bolton Wanderers

Middlesbrough v Accrington Stanley

Doncaster Rovers v Rochdale

Preston North End v Blackpool

Barnsley v S****horpe United

Tranmere Rovers v Mansfield Town

York City v Burnley

Notts County v Fleetwood Town

Sheffield United v Burton Albion

Oldham Athletic v Derby County

Carlisle United v Blackburn Rovers

Morecambe v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Nottingham Forest v Hartlepool United

Leeds United v Chesterfield

Huddersfield Town v Bradford City

Rotherham United v Sheffield Wednesday

Port Vale v Walsall

Gillingham v Bristol City

AFC Bournemouth v Portsmouth

Wycombe Wanderers v Leicester City

Brentford v Dagenham and Redbridge

Exeter City v Queens Park Rangers

Charlton Athletic v Oxford United

Southend United v Yeovil Town

Millwall v AFC Wimbledon

Swindon Town v Torquay United

Birmingham City v Plymouth Argyle

Stevenage v Ipswich Town

Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town

Bristol Rovers v Watford

Northampton Town v Milton Keynes Dons

Leyton Orient v Coventry City

Colchester United v Peterborough United

Brighton and Hove Albion v Newport County

Ties to be played during the week commencing 5th August 2013.

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey are away to Bournemouth in the Capital One Cup!

Ties to be played during the week commencing 5th August 2013.

Fire up that propaganda machine for the great south coast derby!

It would be very funny for the skates to take some humiliation from bompey similar to how we taught bompey a lesson a few times.

I want to see pompey dominated by bompey and out of the cup at the first call.

Funniest thing is it's not even a money spinning home tie. Sometimes you just don't have any luck.

40-45% of the gate receipts each isnt it for the League Cup?

After costs, I expect the skates can expect a windfall of circa £40K for this match, which will cover the wages for a week, just about!

Eddie Mitchell and champagne iain will get along like a house on fire. I can imagine the two getting absolutely battered together before grabbing the mic's and spilling onto the pitch, offering up the fans and swearing down the radio!

They really could do without their new local derby that soon.

Win and they are ready to take on Aldershot for local bragging rights, get thumped and suddenly the season looks less cheery than is currently being spun.

I'm sure Guy's plucky troops will give the awesome bestest travelling army much to cheer in the game that Sky will be desperate to claim.

It's the big one.

Sort of.

The lucky phew have been granted their first Cup final of the season, as the lowly Bournemouth take on Former FA Cup winners and recent premier league side Portsmouth in the first round of the League cup...

Can the cherries rise to the occasion and overcome the noise generated by the mighty fish army (50people)....

In fairness, Sky overlooked this match, it is one of the biggest ties of the round... and since there is no longer a serious derby between Saints and skates, surely they should have made more of this. Bit disrespectful to Bournemouth in all honesty.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})