Manchester City, your thoughts...

PES

I lol'd massively when City signed Robinho, they might be bothering the Arsenal for 4th place this season. Although Jo looks like a pile of crap, not worth that ridiculous fee they paid for him. Robinho will revolutionise the club and then be off to Chelsea next year for £50m.

Bit harsh, he's only played 1 game for them so far.

But yes, pretty soon the Premier League is going to become a closed shop with no relegation and portable franchises. And frankly the sooner the better and we can all give up the charade.

Good post. Talk on the radio yesterday about the end result being a global football roadshow. I can imagine this happening where all the major 'franchises' in the UK effectively leave the country to play abroad. I don't think Saints in the PL would ever have got into this group. Don't know what I'm saying really, basically I'd be happier going to see enthusiastic players doing it to earn a decent living rather than having a big steaming pile of money being the only objective.

Not according to Bernie Ecclestone. Apparently he's not keen to spend all the dosh neccessary to make QPR one of the big clubs. I must say, I would have thought the revamping of Loftus Road, or the building of a new stadium, plus the building up of a club big enough to persuade people away from Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs would be an expensive order.

Better to pop down the M3 where Saints have everything in place and no competition. ;)

Actually, that's not a million miles away from the truth. Pompey the club team are Premiership standard. Pompey the club infrastructure are barely Championship standard. It can be faster to buy a playing standard than get a stadium from drawing board to finished product.

I agree in fact i would say, You could get 11 slappers put them all up the Duff and you will have a footyteam before we get our f*ckin ground:mad:

• 5 years later...