Millwall Millwall Millwall Millwall

bungle

I've always thought that a ticket for a football match is valid for that fixture, regardless of when it is played. Therefore if you buy a ticket and the game is postponed, you don't get a refund instead your ticket is valid for the rearranged date.

I have managed to get a refund when an away game has been postponed. Watford last year got a refund for one of my mates who couldnt make it.

Just planning the day, will probably drink around London Bridge if other fans are before the game.

From footballgroundguide - "South Bermondsey Railway Station is only a few minutes walk from the ground. If your team brings a sizeable following, then an 'away fan' football special may be laid on from London Bridge."

Surely they'll be doing this on Saturday?

Just planning the day, will probably drink around London Bridge if other fans are before the game.

From footballgroundguide - "South Bermondsey Railway Station is only a few minutes walk from the ground. If your team brings a sizeable following, then an 'away fan' football special may be laid on from London Bridge."

Surely they'll be doing this on Saturday?

Would have thought so, just awaiting an update from David Luker on how many sold so far.

As for pre match drinking, we'll be in London Bridge area about half 9 & heading to a spoons for breakfast, not sure after that preferably a pub with loads of Saints fans in!?

EDIT* - Just over 700 sold so far, wtf!

Edited by saints_is_the_south

Would have thought so, just awaiting an update from David Luker on how many sold so far.

As for pre match drinking, we'll be in London Bridge area about half 9 & heading to a spoons for breakfast, not sure after that preferably a pub with loads of Saints fans in!?

EDIT* - Just over 700 sold so far, wtf!

Yep, when I called up last Thursday we have only just sold 700, so sounds like not much more interest then!!

It is quite embarrassing, I've got a couple of mates who might come along who follow other london clubs who are not playing that day, coversation went like this:

"Millwall? yeah i wouldnt mind doing that, how many tickets have you got?"

"about 2000"

"do you reckon you can get me one or will it sell out to season ticket holders"

me - "actually it is pay on the day and we probably wont even sell out"

my mate supports a team who I regularly take the mick out of their away support so not very good!

Yep, when I called up last Thursday we have only just sold 700, so sounds like not much more interest then!!

It is quite embarrassing, I've got a couple of mates who might come along who follow other london clubs who are not playing that day, coversation went like this:

"Millwall? yeah i wouldnt mind doing that, how many tickets have you got?"

"about 2000"

"do you reckon you can get me one or will it sell out to season ticket holders"

me - "actually it is pay on the day and we probably wont even sell out"

my mate supports a team who I regularly take the mick out of their away support so not very good![/QUOTE]

Pompey?

I know a few non ST holders who were planning to buy today, so think we'll be ok.

There's a train from London Bridge to South Bermondsey every 10/15 minutes ish, only a 4 minute journey.

Best pubs around London Bridge?

There's loads of good pubs round there. Borough market has a few good ones like the market porter and the rake (although the rake is tiny but incredible selection of beers) and if you go a little further the thameside inn on the river is nice.

Also the george inn just off borough high street is a lovely old boozer.

How about a thread in the main board, that should surely drum up some interest like it did with Leyton and more recently Luton? (I cannot start threads!)

I think the lack of exposure for this massive game on this forum has had a detrimental effect on the awareness and interest of this game, when you compare it to the momentum (and £70 a ticket offers!) achieved on the Leyton away thread.

UTS

How about a thread in the main board, that should surely drum up some interest like it did with Leyton and more recently Luton? (I cannot start threads!)

I think the lack of exposure for this massive game on this forum has had a detrimental effect on the awareness and interest of this game, when you compare it to the momentum (and £70 a ticket offers!) achieved on the Leyton away thread.

UTS

I take it you are joking?

Well i went down yesterday and bought eight, i think the ticket office overestimated the demand from season ticket holders, and i know a lot of people that don't have season tickets who go to as many games as they can that will be wanting tickets.

We've had fans on here in panic about lack of tickets sold for a number of games this season when, come the great day, large numbers turn up.

Although it's understandable a few faint-hearted supporters may decide to give this one a swerve, now it's general sale, and also pay on the day, I'd say most tickets will be taken by kick-off - still 5 days away!

We may be travelling a man short on Sat but from Southampton Central, don't suppose you can make it to there? If so then happy to link up for the 4 for 2.

Same here, could always pay for 4 tickets from Central and just get the odd one to jump on at Parkway - we've got two from Central and one from Parkway atm...

Same here, could always pay for 4 tickets from Central and just get the odd one to jump on at Parkway - we've got two from Central and one from Parkway atm...

ok michelle will do that what time train u on

ps this is colin came on bus to walsall with u

let me know

If it is I have already offered a cultural substitution on the main site build up thread.

http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibitions/turnerandthemasters/default.shtm

We could all meet up at the Tate for a day of art criticism whilst drinking fine wines with tasty nibbles.

As I have train tickets booked I am planning to have a day out in London whatever. I shall add the Tate to my list of things to do in that eventuality.

As I have train tickets booked I am planning to have a day out in London whatever. I shall add the Tate to my list of things to do in that eventuality.

Same for me (£26 return from Taunton) - I'm not wasting the tickets!

Must have a look see who else is playing in London as well just in case not all matches there are off.

Same for me (£26 return from Taunton) - I'm not wasting the tickets!

Must have a look see who else is playing in London as well just in case not all matches there are off.

£12.50 from Bath!

I haven't had a day out in London for ages, so if off will take the opportunity to do non-sports things. Was going to try and fit a couple of museums in, possibly Natural History and Science.

surely we are the only club in the country who can have a trip to Millwall thread debating whether the tate or the natural history museum would be good substitutes for a called off game!! haha

worth having a few options, i'm pleased we haven't got any northern away games this month with expensive pre-booked train tickets.

I reckon the game will be on anyway, forecast of 6 degrees in London on Friday

good news, is that from Luker? another 700 sold in a day?

if we get close to selling the 2k i better call up and get my mates tickets instead of them paying on the day.

Yeah, from Luker. 700 had been sold as of 3pm on Monday, so another 700 sold in about 48 hours. David reckoned we'd only sell another 100 more as he didn't think there was a lot of time left til the game, still Thursday & Friday to go yet though so would hope for 1800 atleast!

ok michelle will do that what time train u on

ps this is colin came on bus to walsall with u

let me know

Ahh, hello mate! It'll either be 09:00 or 09:30, will let you know for definite asap, will text ya to confirm. Radders will be at Parkway, so find him and you'll find us!

surely we are the only club in the country who can have a trip to Millwall thread debating whether the tate or the natural history museum would be good substitutes for a called off game!! haha

worth having a few options, i'm pleased we haven't got any northern away games this month with expensive pre-booked train tickets.

I reckon the game will be on anyway, forecast of 6 degrees in London on Friday

Quite a good substitute really. The difference being that one is a great place to examine some fine examples of neanderthal man and the other is a museum.

We may be travelling a man short on Sat but from Southampton Central, don't suppose you can make it to there? If so then happy to link up for the 4 for 2.

my mate is travelling from bournemouth on his own,hes happy to get a return to southampton and join your 4 for 2 if its still going

call me if ok 07956066319