Jon Otsemobor signed on 6 month contract

The Fat Controller

what's all that mumbo jumbo about then?

Oh right FM, it's justy a f*cking video game you know. Like most others it has no base in real life.

Not sure there's any need for swearing. Your post is quite aggressive and, if I'm being honest, I found it a little upsetting.

If FM has no basis in real life, can you explain how they have judged Otsembors speed (17) and acceleration (17) exactly right? They also have his birthday correct. So there is plenty of evidence that the information is based on real life. I also know for a fact that a number of managers use FM instead of using scouts, especially in the lower leagues. I seem to remember reading that Dave Jones used Championship Manager in 1999 to research and eventually sign a little known player called Jo Tessem.

I think you should open your eyes to the benefits of modern technology and the resources that are at our disposal. You have to move with the times and, to get back to the point, I am disappointed that AP decided to sign a player who has only got 1 freekicks and 1 corners. I'm not sure about you, but I expect better.

I don't even think it is speculation. Pardew clearly has doubts or it would have been longer than 6 months. But then maybe Pardew has done his research on the character of the player and believes this will be the kick up the backside Jon needs to earn that contract. If he was tied down to a 3 year deal he may be the type to become complacent. We'll now have Jon and Graeme(if fit) fighting it out for the right back slot and take Saints to the playoffs! ;) :D

Edited by Matthew Le God

Report from my Norwich supprting chum; He says he has tremendous pace and is very good going forward. Tends to lose concentration whilst defending and becomes a liability. The crowd would get on his back as he would use his pace to break from defence, get to the halfway line and then stop and square the ball instead of bombing on. Reckons he's a great player for right wing in the last half hour if chasing a game, but not someone to defend a 1-0 lead.

Not sure there's any need for swearing. Your post is quite aggressive and, if I'm being honest, I found it a little upsetting.

If FM has no basis in real life, can you explain how they have judged Otsembors speed (17) and acceleration (17) exactly right? They also have his birthday correct. So there is plenty of evidence that the information is based on real life. I also know for a fact that a number of managers use FM instead of using scouts, especially in the lower leagues. I seem to remember reading that Dave Jones used Championship Manager in 1999 to research and eventually sign a little known player called Jo Tessem.

I think you should open your eyes to the benefits of modern technology and the resources that are at our disposal. You have to move with the times and, to get back to the point, I am disappointed that AP decided to sign a player who has only got 1 freekicks and 1 corners. I'm not sure about you, but I expect better.

Tony Blair and George Bush decided to invade Iraq after playing a game of Risk, so who is to say this is all the rubbish it might seem at first sight.....

Report from my Norwich supprting chum; He says he has tremendous pace and is very good going forward. Tends to lose concentration whilst defending and becomes a liability. The crowd would get on his back as he would use his pace to break from defence, get to the halfway line and then stop and square the ball instead of bombing on. Reckons he's a great player for right wing in the last half hour if chasing a game, but not someone to defend a 1-0 lead.

That's fine, we usually go 2-0 or 3-0 up anyway, so games will probably still end 3-1.

i think he will be a great signing firstof all he was free he came through the ranks at liverpool when they were a better team than now and Pardew can sit him down and explain what does he want to do with his career !!!! 26 been at a few clubs blah blah and we seem to have a good record of turning players around here despite our predicament over the last 5 years. i Would say go out there jon and prove all the doubters wrong.

6 month contract seems a little odd to me, but meh.

If he wants the longer contract, let him earn it, I reckon.

Pericard just signed an 18 month contract at Swindon. If he turns out to be arse after all, they've got him on the wage book for another year. I'm glad we never signed Olivier Bernard on a longer contract tbf as an eg.

Looking forward to finding out how he does tomorrow.