Jon Otsemobor signed on 6 month contract

The Fat Controller

Argent... is still the one for the future and possibly for next season...JO will fight for his new contract after the six months..Time to prove himself......Hopefully will surprise us......Murty and his long term fitness is obviously a problem.

Good luck to JO....I will not be taking too much notice of the Norwich fans...

COYRs

From a Norwich fan at work....

Recently lost his place new a new signing we made and his contract is up at the end of the year.

To be fair he had a good couple of seasons but recently has gone downhill a lot. Quite good going forward but can't defend for toffees.

He's an attacking full back, not really a defender. I suppose we'd always have Jaidi/Fonte/Whoever else is at CB to cover for him if he gets caught out. This is the advantage of having a strong backline, you can allow the more creative attacking players to express themselves.

From a Norwich fan at work....

Recently lost his place new a new signing we made and his contract is up at the end of the year.

To be fair he had a good couple of seasons but recently has gone downhill a lot. Quite good going forward but can't defend for toffees.

Some players lose motivation and go stale after a few seasons at one club (we've seen it with our players in the past). Hopefully he is up for the challenge of resurrecting his career? It's a win win situation for Saints. It may not pan out (like Ryan Smith) but a 6 month contract allows us to have a good look at him and if he turns out decent, we've got a player for next to no outlay.

He's an attacking full back, not really a defender. I suppose we'd always have Jaidi/Fonte/Whoever else is at CB to cover for him if he gets caught out. This is the advantage of having a strong backline, you can allow the more creative attacking players to express themselves.

This may also point towards playing 3 at the back with Otsemobor and Harding playing wing-backs?

From what I've seen of him in the last couple of seasons, I'm particularly underwhelmed by this signing, to be honest. Hoping he's one of those players who just needed a fresh start somewhere...

Oh dear I don't think you're allowed to say that without being called a pr*ck amongst other names.

All these signings.....Is this really fair on Pompey..Are we just taking the Pish....

Who cares...Happy Days..

COYRs

No I agree. We should have a self imposed transfer embargo out of sympathy with our friendly neighbours..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOT!!! :D

Great a right back and two centre backs, just what we needed. The FA can close the window now, we're done.

If so then that is terribly disappointing and not much of a push for the playoffs that we need. We haven't replaced Melis yet which Pardew said he wanted to do and I really think we need another striker as well.

If so then that is terribly disappointing and not much of a push for the playoffs that we need. We haven't replaced Melis yet which Pardew said he wanted to do and I really think we need another striker as well.

We're in league one and spent the best part of two million and you're dissapointed?

Agreed definitely need 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

With Connolly seemingly 50/50 to play most games, rather than 100% and a congested fixture schedule ahead, a striker is a must.

From what I've seen of him in the last couple of seasons, I'm particularly underwhelmed by this signing, to be honest. Hoping he's one of those players who just needed a fresh start somewhere...

I reckon so !

We have had a few of them over the years - Fuller, Davies, Delap for example..

6 month contract? That should keep him on his toes!

Best part of the transaction IMO. You don't have to look far to find the word "lazy" next to this guy's name, so this should be a decent boot up the backside for him.

Remember how good Saga was for us when he was playing for a permanent move? This is probably Ostemobor's last really big chance so he'll need to take it.

Win-win.

We're in league one and spent the best part of two million and you're dissapointed?

Yes because we haven't strengthened in enough key areas so far. We could have bought the best defender in the world and it wouldn't provide cover for our strikers or sort out our midfield imbalance. I'm very pleased we signed fonte but I think we need a fonte like signing in midfield and up front. Stock and Barnard for me please and this will have been a great window.

Best part of the transaction IMO. You don't have to look far to find the word "lazy" next to this guy's name, so this should be a decent boot up the backside for him.

Remember how good Saga was for us when he was playing for a permanent move? This is probably Ostemobor's last really big chance so he'll need to take it.

Win-win.

Agree. Lets hope that happens!

I do laugh when I remember summer and people saying we only needed to sign 4 or 5 players. That was before we'd signed Harding, Lambert, Waigo, Antonio, Mellis, Trotman, Jaidi, Connolly, Hammond, Fonte, Seaborne and Otsemobor. We still need 3 or 4 more to have any real depth.

Agreed definitely need 1 midfielder and 1 striker.

With Connolly seemingly 50/50 to play most games, rather than 100% and a congested fixture schedule ahead, a striker is a must.

I'm not sure what sort of striker we should be going for, someone to compliment Lambert or someone to act as cover?

Ostemebor signing and Murty coming back to fitness will mean James gets more chance in midfield so Waigo can play upfront.

On the other hand we've got Paterson who looks lively who can play the Lambert role.

Why is it disappointing, we've got what we needed, new defensive elements to enable us to stop shipping goals. We score enough anyway.

My Norwich mate said:

Interesting. Otsemobor has got loads of gas but always seems nervous on the ball and can make some terrible decisions. He was terrible last year and he never got on very well with management!

Wasn't the whole Norwich Team? We could say the same about Lallana and Scniederlin.

Yes because we haven't strengthened in enough key areas so far. We could have bought the best defender in the world and it wouldn't provide cover for our strikers or sort out our midfield imbalance. I'm very pleased we signed fonte but I think we need a fonte like signing in midfield and up front. Stock and Barnard for me please and this will have been a great window.

I've posted it before but i'm almost certain the midfield imbalance with Hammond and Schneiderlin was brought on by our lack of a ball playing defender. They should have the freedom to push forward now they know there's someone in defence who's going to give them the ball into feet and not just go long at every oppurtunity.

I think our next priority should either be a left winger so Lallana can move into the middle when we play 4-5-1 or a more attacking midfielder. Stock would fit the bill if we can pull it off.

Not sure a striker is a priority for this window if we can bring in a midfielder.

Why is it disappointing, we've got what we needed, new defensive elements to enable us to stop shipping goals. We score enough anyway.

Too many games this season we have been let down by our midfield. It needs addressing. Furthermore, if Lambert gets injured then we are f*cked. We need to take steps to address that by getting in another striker to provide competition.

Too many games this season we have been let down by our midfield. It needs addressing. Furthermore, if Lambert gets injured then we are f*cked. We need to take steps to address that by getting in another striker to provide competition.

the midfield is fine as it it, when they stop having to nursemaid the defence.

I've posted it before but i'm almost certain the midfield imbalance with Hammond and Schneiderlin was brought on by our lack of a ball playing defender. They should have the freedom to push forward now they know there's someone in defence who's going to give them the ball into feet and not just go long at every oppurtunity.

I think our next priority should either be a left winger so Lallana can move into the middle when we play 4-5-1 or a more attacking midfielder. Stock would fit the bill if we can pull it off.

Not sure a striker is a priority for this window if we can bring in a midfielder.

I just don't think Schneiderlin and Hammond in the centre is the answer. We need a tougher Wotton type player IMO (just better obviously!) to provide the defence with more cover. I really think a striker is important. If Lambert gets injured then who do we have???

the midfield is fine as it it, when they stop having to nursemaid the defence.

They don't nursemaid the defence. That's part of the problem. MS isn't a DM and neither is Hammond. At the very least we need a more defensive minded midfielder to allow us to change our formation should the situation dictate.

Heard a rumour in the pub.....Some of our posters will be required to help NC and Pards with the potential signings and the coaching..They really need help and can see the wealth of football knowledge flowing from some posters...

Come on fans cheer up..We are still on the up...Onwards and upwards..Trust in our Leaders......... Pards is still the man.

COYRs

Hmm, one worrying comment in the OS article that might rule out further CM signings (Danns, Stock).

As LJ's best position is arguably CM, does this mean we're no longer looking to strengthen there?

I wouldn't read too much into that comment. I think it was designed to show that Lloyd James is not out of favour, rather than indicating a stop to transfer activity.\

I am slightly concerned about the overwhelming number of comments from Norwich fans about our new player but as I said before, we have no reason to distrust Pardew in the transfer market.

They don't nursemaid the defence. That's part of the problem. MS isn't a DM and neither is Hammond. At the very least we need a more defensive minded midfielder to allow us to change our formation should the situation dictate.

Lloyd James will get the job, I really don't think that there will be any more "big money" signings this time round. Perhaps I'll be surprised but I tend to think not.If no core player leaves I doubt that we'll spend much more this time.

If we are really interested in Stock or Danns then it is probably because someone has asked to move on; Lallana or Schneiderlin take your pick.

A lot of Norwich fans are saying he is lazy and dozy. I reckon the coaching team will sort that out. When Lambert came to us he was overweight and lazy, but he has come out and said how Pards and the coaches have sorted his diet and fitness out, and it's worked a treat.

Considering he has only signed on a 6 month deal I wouldn't be surprised if he is cover for Murty. Murty's out for another 3 weeks and as soon as he has match fitness I wouldn't be surprised to see Otsemobor on the bench.

I am slightly concerned about the overwhelming number of comments from Norwich fans about our new player but as I said before, we have no reason to distrust Pardew in the transfer market.

But doesn't this tie in with AP's comment that he was looking at a player not doing so well at his present club, who he thought he may take a punt on? I don't think signing him on a 'free' and giving him a 6 month contract, is any sort of gamble at all really. He might just prove a few people wrong.

oh dear ... my underwhelmed-o-meter has just plumbed new depths.

I hope Pards knows best and hope these guys turn out to be good.

We are in League One!!! We have a manager from above this level who hasn`t put a foot wrong (yet!). We have signed players like Lambert, Hammomd, Jaidi, Fonte etc. We have spent more than anyone else in this division. We have just signed a player who played for Liverpool and was rated by a lot of Scousers and has had a couple of good seasons in divisions above ours and you`re underwhelmed! I hope that the powers-that-be don`t take too much notice of the whingers on here who condemn players before they have even kicked a ball for us!!