BBC Radio Reporter

NorthamSteve

Good old Stuart Hall ... his match reports were legendary ....using colourful descriptive expressions he'd spend two minutes describing the weather, how green the grass was, the contrasting colours of the teams shirts, how big the strapping centre half was, how quick the outside right was and about 10 seconds on what had happened in the game :rolleyes:

Good old Stuart Hall ... his match reports were legendary ....using colourful descriptive expressions he'd spend two minutes describing the weather, how green the grass was, the contrasting colours of the teams shirts, how big the strapping centre half was, how quick the outside right was and about 10 seconds on what had happened in the game :rolleyes:

It's a knockout was nothing without his dissolving into such fits that he could barely commentate!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1966/tv1.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8OzZ3DfjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwvtLIYnOWs

He was 80 on Christmas day last year.

And still going strong on BBC 5 live.

He's a legend and the only sports presenter likely/able to bring ancient Egypt history and poems by Shelley into their commentaries. My name is Ozymandias king of kings....

He is still on 5-Live although he did nearly get thrown off (See the Stuart Hall Incident) for an outburst against Robert Mugabe on the sports quiz Fighting Talk...

Fighting Talk made national news with an episode broadcast on 12 March 2005. The panel consisted of Danny Kelly, Will Buckley, John Rawling and Stuart Hall. The presenter, Christian O'Connell, asked the panel

"What other former all-conquering nations, clubs or individuals would you like to see have a renaissance?".

Stuart Hall responded "Zimbabwe", and criticised what Robert Mugabe had done to the country, saying "...don your flannels, black up, play leather on willow with Mugabe cast as a witch doctor. Imagine him out at Lords casting a curse; tincture of bat's tongues, gorilla's gonads, tiger's testicles...".

During the same show, Hall was also asked for his opinion on sporting stars acting as role models for young people. In his response, he defended swearing by footballers suggesting that "...you can go to any school playground and learn all you want to know about oral and anal sex".

Legend.

• 11 years later...
3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Okay, you’ve had some fun, give it a rest.

Seriously I do not know what the problem is? Ok maybe not some of the ones I have dug up, but some of the tech ones are interesting to read. To see how things have changed over time. Perhaps it’s just me then, but I am not pissing about. I would not spend an evening going through old threads if I did not find it interesting. 

I see some things have not changed 🙄

8 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

Seriously I do not know what the problem is? Ok maybe not some of the ones I have dug up, but some of the tech ones are interesting to read. To see how things have changed over time. Perhaps it’s just me then, but I am not pissing about. I would not spend an evening going through old threads if I did not find it interesting. 

I see some things have not changed 🙄

You can't change the rules because of how someone is doing it.