kick to the Northam second half

OldNick

I agree 100%. Teams always attack their most passionate stand in the second half, it makes such a difference to the atmosphere.

I have been a Northam S/T holder since the move to SMS and for the past couple of games the atmosphere has been pretty poor by our own standards, attacking the Northam second half would keep up the momentum and atmosphere and hopefully spur the team on that extra little bit!

I agree 100%. Teams always attack their most passionate stand in the second half, it makes such a difference to the atmosphere.

I have been a Northam S/T holder since the move to SMS and for the past couple of games the atmosphere has been pretty poor by our own standards, attacking the Northam second half would keep up the momentum and atmosphere and hopefully spur the team on that extra little bit!

Thought second half northam was pretty good.

Agree.

I posted last season that it was "crazy" for our team to come out of the tunnel at the start of the game and run over to the Chapel Stand, leaving the opposition team to run over to the Northam stand to be greeted by loud(er) applause. (Ok, I know that the Saints fans in the Northam aren't cheering for the opposition but the general 'wall of sound' from that end must inspire the opposition regards of who it's aimed at)....

When I raised this I got the wonderful explanation that our dressing room was nearer the chapel end and it was somehow far too 'complicated' for the players to swap over positions before coming out of the tunnel - I know footballers aren't going to trouble mensa in their droves but come on...."Complicated"....?! Give me strength.

And I guess it's this running out to the Chapel end that more often than not results in us playing to the Chaepl end in the second half (because most teams can't be ar5ed to swap ends when they win the toss)

One word:

Epiglotis

It is a sporting convention among football teams that the away team play towards their own fans in the second half.

The 'trouble'is...we have both the away and most voiciferous home fans in the same stand.....how many other clubs have the away fans in the same stand as the rowdiest home fans??

Agree completely Nick.

Either we are extremely unlucky at coin-tossing or someone is constantly making stupid decisions.

I thought we kicked towards the Chapel in the 2nd half because it was down hill. This was one of Burley's ideas after he had forgotten to provide any pre-season stamina training to the team, and was trying to make up for this by not kicking uphill in the latter stages.

;)

It seems that the reason we attack the Northam in the first half is purely due to Saints traditionally attacking the north end of the ground in the first half of most home games. I can remember even at The Dell we usually attacked The Archers in first Half and Milton Road End in the Second. It may have something to do with the away team being next to their own fans