Le Tiss and his love of burgers!

eesti matty

Why am I not surprised? :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8556423.stm

Darcy Blake is so hungry to prove he has a future at Cardiff City - the youngster has cut out fast food.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones warned Blake not to follow former England star Matt Le Tissier's example of burger binging.

Jones worked with Southampton cult hero Le Tissier during his three years at The Dell and his battle to beat the bulge.

"I worked with Matthew Le Tissier and we did everything for him," said Jones.

"But when he went away he liked McDonalds, he couldn't keep out of there.

"Football is not just about what you do on the field as if you're not doing it right off-the-field, it won't happen on it and will catch up with you eventually. Darcy must make sure he trains properly and work.

"We can monitor the players at the training ground as much as we want; we give them all the right foods, right supplements and right drinks but it's what they do when they go away from the place.

Using LeTiss probably isn't the best example if you are looking for people whose diet ruined their career!

Do you disagree with the premise that his style of fitness training, i.e. none :D, contributed to his inability to recover from injury as he got older which, in turn, contributed to his abridged career?

Do you disagree with the premise that his style of fitness training, i.e. none :D, contributed to his inability to recover from injury as he got older which, in turn, contributed to his abridged career?

Well yeah but Jones said "it won't happen on it" when clearly it did!

i work in hedge end mcdonalds, and le-tisser has come in quite a few times, as has maik taylor back in the summer, more recently though, rickie lambert for breakfast and david james one evening :)

LOl, ironically Matt would have eaten Rickie for breakfast.

I thought that was a stupid experiment. It messes you up IF you eat them for every single meal. Pretty sure the same could be said about a lot of different foods.

But some people do eat them all the time,they are addicted to fast food probably because it's quick,cheap and instantly available. I have also seen studies on casomorphines which may or may not explain the current trend in fast food addiction.

But some people do eat them all the time,they are addicted to fast food probably because it's quick,cheap and instantly available. I have also seen studies on casomorphines which may or may not explain the current trend in fast food addiction.

those some poeple are an insignificantly small percentage of the population.

Think MLT's injury prone later years were down to playing a large part of 94-95 season with torn tendon from his heal to his big toe which meant running on the outside of his foot & using insoles which made his calves shorter which in turn gave him calf & achillies problems for the rest of his career

Thus meaning the man who trained with the ball & played himself fit was unable to

what? we're talking about a small percentage of the population not the size of the people themselves.

Dear Window Cleaner. Please look up in the dictionary 'Humour' 'Sarcasm' 'Irony' and 'Caricature'.

Within this debate i would like to say that it is a fact that certain fast food conglomorates target those on a fixed low income, and in some cases have to, to keep their margins up as there is only so much you can squeeze out of a farmer/supplier.

And if you want fast food, I have worked in a few places around the world and Luton Cente is wall to wall fast food joints. never seen anywhere like it.

Think MLT's injury prone later years were down to playing a large part of 94-95 season with torn tendon from his heal to his big toe which meant running on the outside of his foot & using insoles which made his calves shorter which in turn gave him calf & achillies problems for the rest of his career

Thus meaning the man who trained with the ball & played himself fit was unable to

This.

But he still should have kept off the burgers!