Storrie Keeps his job, 85 ordinary people lose theirs... Discuss...

Daren W

Deserving of it's own thread... The fact that Peter Storrie, architect of Pompey's demise, keeps his job whilst a staggering 85 ordinary people lose theirs, people with mortgages and average wages.

The icing on the cake was a retraction from South Today who apologised for getting Storrie's wages wrong...

He's not on £500,000

He's on £300,000

You couldn't make it up...

Discuss...

Deserving of it's own thread... The fact that Peter Storrie, architect of Pompey's demise, keeps his job whilst a staggering 85 ordinary people lose theirs, people with mortgages and average wages.

The icing on the cake was a retraction from South Today who apologised for getting Storrie's wages wrong...

He's not on £500,000

He's on £300,000

You couldn't make it up...

Discuss...

He is so mired into the "dysfunctional" workings at the club that the longer he is there, the more mud ( as it rises to the surface) will come out and stick to him.

His come-uppance is nigh!

while the people who may have , I state may have done wrong, are still in office they have the chance to lose the trail of wrongdoing.

I still am dumbfounded that the CEO is still in place, I would have thought gardening leave would be the least the admionistrator would put him on.

while the people who may have , I state may have done wrong, are still in office they have the chance to lose the trail of wrongdoing.

I still am dumbfounded that the CEO is still in place, I would have thought gardening leave would be the least the admionistrator would put him on.

Apart from literally being redundant since the administrator will be fulfilling most of Storries functions - how can they keep on a CEO who has been charged with criminal wrongdoing at the club - ie tax evasion? Stinks of something - dead fish proabably.

Apart from literally being redundant since the administrator will be fulfilling most of Storries functions - how can they keep on a CEO who has been charged with criminal wrongdoing at the club - ie tax evasion? Stinks of something - dead fish proabably.

Probably to help unravel the history of the mess.

I guess if he is released, he may cry wolf about the money laundering ring?

Or is he sticking firm to his employment contract terms for a big payoff, regardless of the damage it does to the 'club he loves' blah blah blah

what does really annoy me is that IF STORRIE WALKED AWAY, AT LEAST HALF OF THE 85 SACKED YESTERDAY COULD HAVE KEPT THERE JOBS!!! Disgusting...

Will the fans be singing, 'there's only one peter storrie' on the weekend!?!

I also note only David James (well done to him at least) has offered to defer there wages to save regular employees from the dole queue.

Skates FC = The shame of 'the beautiful game'

Storrie will be there to the death, I would suggest the puppet master running the admin(at the mo) is all to aware that Storrie, if set adrift, could cum his guts at any minute putting a load of them and more importantly their money at risk, imo of course.

That is probably closer to the truth.

Or is he sticking firm to his employment contract terms for a big payoff, regardless of the damage it does to the 'club he loves' blah blah blah

what does really annoy me is that IF STORRIE WALKED AWAY, AT LEAST HALF OF THE 85 SACKED YESTERDAY COULD HAVE KEPT THERE JOBS!!! Disgusting...

I also note only David James (well done to him at least) has offered to defer there wages to save regular employees from the dole queue.

if Storrie had walked away they would still have cut the 85 other jobs.

Very sad to see.

What I don't understand is why redundancy procedure does not appear to have been followed. There was no consultancy period at all (legal requirement when making over 20 staff redundant)?

Does this period automatically start once in administration? If so, surely the redundant employees can make a tribunal claim as they are not in administration.

I was saddened that no saints players (to my knowledge) deferred their wages or as in the case of Tomasi at Roma said don’t pay me more than expenses.

It was documented on several podcasts at the time that the money the fans (most of whom probably struggle to make ends meet) had raised in the whip round went straight into the players pockets and helped fund their fantastic lifestyle.

I don't think the Saints players or the Pompey players have any better/worse ethics than the other. I still hate Pompey though!