Average crowd this season now...

NickG

i thnk what is more impressive is the 18% increase on last year! i know NC has talked about money being spent on players etc, but sureley they never budgeted for those levels of support at the begining of the season and the extra money has in part come from that?

So we get relegated and crowds are up 18%!

So, just maybe, the anti-Lowe stayaways came back?

I did. :)

I suggested to fellow Saints supporters, early last season, that there was a significant anti-Lowe feeling building to stay away from St Marys. The reaction I got was that this was utter piffle. Supporters may have hated Lowe, but they would never stay away in numbers, I was told. I still think it was significant, and not all because of the poor form.

I suggested to fellow Saints supporters, early last season, that there was a significant anti-Lowe feeling building to stay away from St Marys. The reaction I got was that this was utter piffle. Supporters may have hated Lowe, but they would never stay away in numbers, I was told. I still think it was significant, and not all because of the poor form.

There are 5 in our car, the whole car, who got started going again as soon as he left, just as we said we would on here.

We were berated by some, GM in the main, and told that the real reason we didn't go was the distance (360 mile(ish) round trip) and yet we have season tickets in L1 so the distance clearly wasn't the issue.

I know at least a dozen who have done the same.

think a lot is the manager, Lambert, etc factor

In the "Game" today in Times.

Tony Cascarino's column on page 3;

South Coast takes accolade for turning out in numbers.

Goes on to say 27,342 to watch Middlesborough v Newcastle, some way short of the impressive 30,794 at St Marys, he then goes onto say is this a case of South coast fervour beating North East fervour.