The Day Our Promotion Prospects Died

Guided Missile

...was nearly a year ago, IMO. This article pins down the date that a group of nonentities, led by a Liverpool supporting dreamer, successfully damaged the reputation of a Saints legend, extracted £500K out of Lymington businessman and delayed the real takeover, so that the club had little time to prepare for the season ahead.

So....if you're looking for a scapegoat, start in Locks Heath.

PS, Mute your PC speakers, prior to opening the link.

...was nearly a year ago, IMO. This article pins down the date that a group of nonentities, led by a Liverpool supporting dreamer, successfully damaged the reputation of a Saints legend, extracted £500K out of Lymington businessman and delayed the real takeover, so that the club had little time to prepare for the season ahead.

But at the time there was little alternative Markus only came involved at the end of May

I disagree.

If you are going to factor in issues from before the first whistle was blown back in August (and I am not convinced of it, the performances on the pitch are still what counts), then the real point of origin for f**king up this season's promotion prospects was Lowe taking us into administration 6 days after the cut-off date, meaning we started on -10, following on from his biggest f**k-up ever - reckoning that the FL would not dock the club points because of the financial state of the PLC

Cheers for that,

Now go back to selling photocopiers tubby

I disagree.[/b]

If you are going to factor in issues from before the first whistle was blown back in August (and I am not convinced of it, the performances on the pitch are still what counts), then the real point of origin for f**king up this season's promotion prospects was Lowe taking us into administration 6 days after the cut-off date, meaning we started on -10, following on from his biggest f**k-up ever - reckoning that the FL would not dock the club points because of the financial state of the PLC

you would !

I think it's all water under the bridge now, I never for one minute thought the play offs were a realistic target given the squad we started the season with.

That may serve to underline your point GM but given where we were a year ago, and where we are now, I'll take now.

Pardew is putting together a side that can win games, and not only that, go into games believing they are going to win, and reacting badly to defeat, as opposed to accepting defeat because that was the mentality.

Next season we will be in a much better frame of mind to challenge for automatic promotion, and whilst disappointed that we have to spend another season in League 1, I accept it was probably inevitable given our recent history.

The blame game to be honest, is counter productive now, irrespective of who did what, we are where we are, those persons have gone and we have a hell of a lot to look forward to