Lambert overlooked again!

Block 5

So Steve Morison is announced as March's Player of the Month and Rickie is overlooked.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20100403/morison-named-player-of-the-month_2248206_2013622/0,,10794,00.html

Why is RL consistently ignored?

He has scored over 30 goals this season.

Incidentally, I can see no mention of who won the Manager of the Month award. Did anyone catch Soccer AM this morning?

I assume that AP will not have won.

The thing is while awards are good for a players morale and its nice for them to get recognition they deserve. We don't really need him to receive a trophy to know how good he is. We know what he does every week. Plus its sort of a good thing as it keeps the attention off him from other clubs he might have an eye on him.

I doubt if the panel had more than the statistics to go by, which would be the WDL of the players clubs and for strikers the number of goals scored. Even if they had some video highlights it would not tell a true story. What makes Rickie so good is not just his phenominal strike rate but also his overall ability as a footballer. The way he holds the ball up, reads the game and lays off to team mates are all things the panel wouldn't be aware of unless they watched him regularly. Maybe they did watch the short-listed players but if so, not enough to make a real comparison.

Having said all that, lets not have him attract attention of clubs who might make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Well you'd think his ability, goalscoring rate, threat, the sheer panic he puts into defenders, would clearly be enough for him to be possibly player of the season???

Oh hang on a minute, that was won by an overrated diving pussy gump called Jermaine......

at least its less attention for clubs to want to steal him off us. if these awards mean that Championship clubs believe that Beckford is better than Lambert, it's their funeral :)

Well you'd think his ability, goalscoring rate, threat, the sheer panic he puts into defenders, would clearly be enough for him to be possibly player of the season???

Oh hang on a minute, that was won by an overrated diving pussy gump called Jermaine......

at least its less attention for clubs to want to steal him off us. if these awards mean that Championship clubs believe that Beckford is better than Lambert, it's their funeral :)

Spot on mate!

:cool:

So Steve Morison is announced as March's Player of the Month and Rickie is overlooked.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20100403/morison-named-player-of-the-month_2248206_2013622/0,,10794,00.html

Why is RL consistently ignored?

He has scored over 30 goals this season.

Incidentally, I can see no mention of who won the Manager of the Month award. Did anyone catch Soccer AM this morning?

I assume that AP will not have won.

For Gods sake dont let Tactics see this, he'll start campaigning for this guy to be playing for England too.