The Hudders forum :-)

Pilchards

I love looking at other people's views on Saints and they are running a thread called

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE SAINTS....

Some snippets then.....:-)

partly because they're very unlikely to catch us up and partly because we'll finish 5th anyway, above Charlton.

Charlton 3 points ahead, both of us have +20 goal difference.

Charlton next 3 games-

Exeter AWAY

Leeds HOME

Oldham AWAY

none of them look easy to me, especially the first 2.

Stockport- already relegated

Colchester- could be out of it by then

Exeter- could be safe by then

This divisions always unpredictable but i reckon we'll get 3 more points from our 3 games than Charlton get from theirs.

I would like to finish 5th, as that would mean the Saints 10 point deduction would be meaningless to us.

But if Saints catch Charlton, we'll have plenty to worry about then, Captain.

I've always said they won't get it, but to still be in with a chance when they were seconds away from being out of it is really frustrating.

I'm unsure about Charlton, keep hearing how their fans think they're ****e, but they've got some decent results recently and look at todays stats against the champions, 68% possession and 16 shots to 3. Think we'll finish above them on GD though, or maybe even on goals scored.

After looking at the fixtures for teams at the bottom I think Exeter will only need a point on the final day to secure survival, so won't have to go all out for the win.

IF Saints make the play-offs... would YOU back against them winning it?

erm.........no

I don't want to believe it but I think Saints are well capable of winning there last 4 (have a look at them) which would put them on 78. They have a vastly superior goal difference so we need 5 points from 3 games to get to 79. Hope my maths is right.

So, all sorts of permutations but 3 points on Stockport beach would be a hell of a start.

Hope we don't face the relaxed, nothing to play for, can enjoy themselves Stockport or the playing for their contracts, playing for pride Stockport with the capable of chucking it Huddersfield.

The Huddersfield of last night will do it though.

Bye, bye fingernails

Southampton have a side which is far too good for this division. Would probably challenge the Championship play off places under the correct management.

God knows how god they'll be after they've strenghened further in the summer.

Also on that note, Brighton are set to spend big this summer. Poyet is looking to offload a lot of the squad and replace them with 8 or 9 championship quality players. Sounds a bit like us over the last couple of seasons really

This division isn't getting any easier, is it?

Nor will it. Missing out this year doesn't mean we will be any closer next year, even if we strengthen.

I reckon we've gotta hope we can take our chance this time around. Let's just pray Southampton don't get themselves into the mix!

I want the season to race to an end, then I can stop worrying about Southampton.

That blooming Barnard goal was a stinker.

Is there any play off stone that we have left unturned?

yes. We win up taking us to 83 points. Leeds Swindon Millwall and Charlton all carry on imploding under the pressure, just taking the odd draw or two from their final 3 games.

Town finish 2nd

We dont need to worry one bit about the saints lads cos if we arent good enough to get 5pts from a team cut adrift at the bottom, one on the edge of the relegation zone and a home game against a rival with a record of one loss in 22 at home then quite frankly we dont deserve to be there.

As fans however, we have to replicate the sensational and positive atmosphere created last night at edgley park next weekend and then the final 2 games - if we do i have a sneaky feeling we will be very happy next sat eve!!

personally i think we will win out. The only game for comcern for me would be having to get a result V Exeter, as i think they will need to win that game to stay up. Having seen Sotons remaining fixtures, its a distinct possibility they could win out as well, they do have to go to Gillingham, a possible stumbling block.

I've said this on another thread - agree completely that beating Stockport puts Col U out of the running, so they'll have nothing to play for when they come to the Galph. Win that and we don't have to worry about the saints.

Though as someone said, if they make the play offs you wouldn't bet against them

So you think Paul Tisdale is going to lie down and let us get a point when he has family living in Southampton plus he is an ex player for them and a great friend of Pardew.

Don't kid yourself but I don't want to play Saints anymore this season as they are on current form better than anyone in this league.

Let's go all out at Stockport and get our three points against Colchester.

Let's hope we win the playoffs as this league next year is going to be bloody hard with only one auto place up for grabs once those money spending southern ****s win the league.

'd like to think Town are more determined to get into the play offs, than Exeter are to do their gaffer's family a favour.

I agree with Shawsie, if we can only muster 4 points out of these 3 games we don't deserve to be called one of the top 6 teams in this league, but I don't think that'll be the case and will be surprised if we end up with less than 7.

This is pretty funny reading' date=' what a penis http://www.independentmillwall.com/viewreports.php?name=2009-08-08[/quote']

Brilliant stuff!

We found a car park about a mile away from the ground and followed the red and white striped procession to St Mary’s. The locals are an odd bunch it has to be said. They remind you of how you would imagine the green room is populated for the Jeremy Kyle show. They sort of shuffle rather than walk and their arms hang down their sides like dead weights. Very weird people.

About five minutes of relentless Millwall pressure saw the saints defence succumb to the onslaught as first a blatant hand ball in the box was missed but the rugby tackle that followed it on Price was clear for all to see (except Pardew, who, lets be honest, is a self opinionated, deluded pr!ck of the first order whose opinions count less than Ken Livingstone’s) so referee Russell pointed straight to the spot.

The lion’s faithful then showed the home fans how to celebrate a goal properly and the look on their poor faces was a picture as we were E-I-Oing all over the place.

:lol:

This is pretty funny reading' date=' what a penis http://www.independentmillwall.com/viewreports.php?name=2009-08-08[/quote']

It is quite funny - I remember walking back after the game behind a group of Millwall fans who live up to every stereotype that has been chucked at them. So if walking with your hands down by your side is strange that's probably because they're used to walking with their knuckles dragging down on the ground.

It is quite funny - I remember walking back after the game behind a group of Millwall fans who live up to every stereotype that has been chucked at them. So if walking with your hands down by your side is strange that's probably because they're used to walking with their knuckles dragging down on the ground.

Haha indeed, it's particularly funny when you look at the picture of him.

Had to laugh at the number of times he mentioned us, not worried??? Oh I think so. They probably got a little of what we were feeling the other night with LB's late late goal, I'm sure there was plenty of "OH no's" flying around when we scored. It is a fair point to look at Charlton they seem dead in the water at the moment and have hard games to come.

Whatever happens we have to keep winning and see where it takes us

I loved this line from the Huddersfield quotes.

'Let's hope we win the playoffs as this league next year is going to be bloody hard with only one auto place up for grabs once those money spending southern ****s win the league.

F*ck me. Win our game in hand on Tuesday and that makes us 1 point off automatic promotion with a superior goal difference. (if we didnt have -10)

Yip it looks good but the fact is we still have the -10 points against our name, we can't change that. But it just shows what could of been though.

F*ck me. Win our game in hand on Tuesday and that makes us 1 point off automatic promotion with a superior goal difference. (if we didnt have -10)

Yep, yet we have been accused of not showing ambition nor an attacking mindset (2nd highest scorers in this division). ;) Great stuff.

Yep, yet we have been accused of not showing ambition nor an attacking mindset (2nd highest scorers in this division). ;) Great stuff.

You dont actually care about SFC or the team doing well.

You go less than me (but I have an excuse)

You have less ambition than anyone else that comes on this site

You only seek to bait and demotivate everyone.

Why do you bother ? Havent you got anyone else to talk to ?