Thomas to Norwich

doubleonothing

Or Barnsley. According to a very small piece on P21 of today's supergoals in the Sun.

Probably rubbish but you never know.

And it makes for story which is not claiming Pardew's off or ML is p!ssed off!

OOO

Norwich after him to prevent future losses in penalty shootouts i'd imagine.

Gutting to see him leave.

I was chanting his name through the lap of honour, what a hero. Also his kid was a bit of a legend as well, best part of Saturday was seeing him leg it across the pitch a few times.

Why is he a hero? Average League one defender who wasn't worth what he cost in wages and transfer fee, missed a one of his 3 season with injury and not first choice centre half even before Fonte was signed. Seems like a decent enough chap but hardly a hero.

Why is he a hero? Average League one defender who wasn't worth what he cost in wages and transfer fee, missed a one of his 3 season with injury and not first choice centre half even before Fonte was signed. Seems like a decent enough chap but hardly a hero.

Yes I can't see it either. A decent enough player but never worth what we paid for him nor what we paid him tbh.

Just for that goal really, I can't stand Ipswich.

Agree but he does have a bit of the 'Prutton factor' to ingratiate himself to those whose main criteria are reckless challanges,clenched fist gestures to the crowd,and getting involved in fracas around the pitch.

Did he headbutt Rasiak once as well ? Oh well,he can't be that bad afterall then.

Agree but he does have a bit of the 'Prutton factor' to ingratiate himself to those whose main criteria are reckless challanges,clenched fist gestures to the crowd,and getting involved in fracas around the pitch.

I fall into that category. I'm easily pleased, loved the MK Dons games where he was on a booking and still legged it the length of the pitch to strangle one of their players after a dirty challenge on Lallana, then after he'd been subbed off went for him again at the end of the game.

:D

I fall into that category. I'm easily pleased, loved the MK Dons games where he was on a booking and still legged it the length of the pitch to strangle one of their players after a dirty challenge on Lallana, then after he'd been subbed off went for him again at the end of the game.

Yes you are right he behaved like a pratt

It made for good entertainment,and yes I admire his 'fighting spirit' to a point but would he be a hero had we been reduced to 10 men at a time we were winning 2-1 (3-1 on agg) only to see us throw the match away?

In the past our 'psycho's' and hardmen could also impose their class on the game - Dennis,Case,in recent times - Thomas and Prutton don't quite meet their standard.

At the end of the day he's out of contract this suemmer and is on a good wedge, good squad player on a reduced 1yr deal.

That would be fine,although I expect he will want to be involved more often than we can guarentee next season.

That would be fine,although I expect he will want to be involved more often than we can guarentee next season.

He might of been more involved this season ( especially at right-back) but he seems to get injured every five minutes and thats why he would be a decent squad player for us next season and nothing more. I know he will want more regular football but he may have to go elsewhere to get that.

Cavalier style player. He's either 100% or nothing. Against Portsmouth, I almost enjoyed the fact that he was caught upfield in attack, so that they scored on the break. I don't normally like players who play with no brains, but Thomas's passion for the game is undeniable.

I wasn't impressed by his behaviour in the MK Dons game, but it did show passion, which we have lacked for many years!

Would like to see him offered a reduced contract, if only for JPT/CB and RB cover next season, always good to have a player that can play in more than one position on the bench.

would be disappointed to see him go,

He's a player who would put his head where few people would put there feet and we need someone in that mould in our defence. We suffered badly under Burley having no one like this (Of course it didn't help when Burley tried to solve the problem by signing midfielders)

Jaidi is in his mid thirties now

IMO keep him on a reduced contract for a year as we have a hole at RB at the moment. He looked reasonable at this level when he played there rather than CB where he could be flat-footed. Otsemaboor, Murty and James the only other choices at RB. Not promising as none of them did better than Thomas there.

He basically ****ed away our parachute payments on old and/or **** players on big wages.

Because he used the Harry Redknapp guide to easy promotion from the Lower Leagues. Trouble is Harry can be (under the right conditions) a magician with a blend of experience and youth, Burley is just an idiot.

I have first hand experience talking with Wayne and he's a top bloke if it wasnt for him and me being cheeky asking him to buy me 4 tickets for the JPT final, my best mate, bro and Dad and I would not have made it there.. And I have to admit the best Day out ever..

Also ref the season he missed most of it he, he told me he was fit but wasn't chosen, but that happens with the different managers we have over the last few years.

I like him and thought thorugh the cup he played well and could do a job for us next season.