Steve Grant in the Echo

StuRomseySaint

He's wearing a Saints top in the picture so shut up.

MOre importantly Stu, why aren't you commenting on the vice president of the saints trust, you know that organisation that doesn't exist, being quoted in the echo. Thought you'd have sore finger tips in your haste & fury to get that on as thread before anyone else.

MOre importantly Stu, why aren't you commenting on the vice president of the saints trust, you know that organisation that doesn't exist, being quoted in the echo. Thought you'd have sore finger tips in your haste & fury to get that on as thread before anyone else.

Have they quoted me as that? FFS post-5758-1225601204.gif

Have they quoted me as that? FFS post-5758-1225601204.gif

No, not you pal, you are just administrator of this forum. In another article about crowds on the up, James Mcfeat, vice president of the saints trust is quoted. He is a new one, not heard his name mentioned before.

Edited by Turkish

He's wearing a Saints top in the picture so shut up.

Yes, of course I'm supposed to realise that ?

"One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others." ~Moliere

Edited by chrisobee

No, not you pal, you are just administrator of this forum. In another article about crowds on the up, James Mcfeat, vice president of the saints trust is quoted. He is a new one, not heard his name mentioned before.

Nice accuracy there - his name's Jason!

I must have missed that one?!?! When was he elected?

LMAO all those Trust cronies are grade a attention seeking c*nts.

I must have missed that one?!?! When was he elected?

LMAO all those Trust cronies are grade a attention seeking c*nts.

Glad to see you have redeemed yourself, albeit a bit late with your latest thread. :smt024

I couldn't give a toss if his name is Jason, James or Jesus. How can there be a vice president for a organisation that does not exist?

He's also vice president of the Turkish and StuRomseySaint Fan Club. :D

He's also vice president of the Turkish and StuRomseySaint Fan Club. :D

On a serious not, what are the legalities of an FSA regulated Ltd company placing a new Vice-Chairman with no announcement, vote from their members ( lol ), EGM or AGM?

Just playing devils advocate, like. :-)

On a serious not, what are the legalities of an FSA regulated Ltd company placing a new Vice-Chairman with no announcement, vote from their members ( lol ), EGM or AGM?

There's no obligation to announce anything to anybody other than their members, as far as I'm aware. Neither you or I know whether there's been a vote from the current members or not.

There's no obligation to announce anything to anybody other than their members, as far as I'm aware. Neither you or I know whether there's been a vote from the current members or not.

I do... because apparantly, according to their board, everyone is lifetime members, and I know a few people who have been previous members... I also am in contact with a couple of people who 'opted in' in 2008, they have also heard nothing.

And I thought as a CH registered company they have a duty to make public the time and place of any AGM anyway? ( which you and I know hasn't happened )

And I am pretty sure they also have a legal obligation to hold one within 6 months prior to the end of the financial year?

They are breaking so many rules on so many levels looking at their constituation. If I was you I would ask them politely to take your name off their website Steveo.

They are breaking so many rules on so many levels looking at their constituation. If I was you I would ask them politely to take your name off their website Steveo.

To be honest, I don't think they actually have any control over their own website anymore.

When I resigned, I handed over full control of the site to someone they'd brought in to work on it. By the look of it, he's done sod all with it (and it's been hacked as well... genius), and assuming he's not involved in the Trust anymore, I wonder if they'll actually be able to get control of the content back again! :rolleyes:

To be honest, I don't think they actually have any control over their own website anymore.

When I resigned, I handed over full control of the site to someone they'd brought in to work on it. By the look of it, he's done sod all with it (and it's been hacked as well... genius), and assuming he's not involved in the Trust anymore, I wonder if they'll actually be able to get control of the content back again! :rolleyes:

Out of interest Steve, no agenda here, but do you think we need an unofficial supporters club when we have this site? I think it is unnecessary and outdated. Forums like this certainly provide a more democratic and honest view of fan opinion.

I think the Trust has no role to play anymore.

Out of interest Steve, no agenda here, but do you think we need an unofficial supporters club when we have this site? I think it is unnecessary and outdated. Forums like this certainly provide a more democratic and honest view of fan opinion.

I think the Trust has no role to play anymore.

Although we have settled down of late, one issue with forums is that many people find the internal bickering distasteful. To a large extent we have lost the worst of the WUM's but we still only have around 150 people online at any one time.

We took 51,000 to Wembley, we have around 10% of that as members and a lower percentage as regular posters like yourself. Is that really democratic?

We need the Lurkers to become more involved and we need to become more tolerant of alternative opinions (Well except GS & AS - only joking guys!)

How many on here are real and how many have just developed a specific Internet Persona? Forums would take the place of Trusts IF we all had our real names and our Avatars were our actual photos. And THAT ain't ever gonna happen.

If we get 1500 forum members turning up and introducing themselves to each other at the TSW Forum match then maybe it could work but it won't

Although we have settled down of late, one issue with forums is that many people find the internal bickering distasteful. To a large extent we have lost the worst of the WUM's but we still only have around 150 people online at any one time.

We took 51,000 to Wembley, we have around 10% of that as members and a lower percentage as regular posters like yourself. Is that really democratic?

We need the Lurkers to become more involved and we need to become more tolerant of alternative opinions (Well except GS & AS - only joking guys!)

How many on here are real and how many have just developed a specific Internet Persona? Forums would take the place of Trusts IF we all had our real names and our Avatars were our actual photos. And THAT ain't ever gonna happen.

If we get 1500 forum members turning up and introducing themselves to each other at the TSW Forum match then maybe it could work but it won't

I agree with alot of that Phil, but I do think the forum reflects the general sentiment. I do not see the need for the Nick Illingworths anymore to be honest... the times may well change in the future, for certainly we have no need at the moment.

I agree with alot of that Phil, but I do think the forum reflects the general sentiment. I do not see the need for the Nick Illingworths anymore to be honest... the times may well change in the future, for certainly we have no need at the moment.

+1 The problem with Trusts is the whole archaic "Committee" structure.

It is a Brit thing this wish for "being important" and so you get the opinion of the members interpreted by "The Leadership".

Which is why Gordon Brown was allowed to bankrupt you lot, but hey that's a dig at Politics.

The Feeling of this forum is good but how many times have the "Admin" actually been able to put that opinion outside here into the media. How many times have we even been mentioned on a Match Day commentary for example.

We KNOW they read us and some are even articulate members but we are NEVER quoted..

Time for the Admins to start to type Press Releases of our Poll results

Do you think we need an unofficial supporters club when we have this site? I think it is unnecessary and outdated. Forums like this certainly provide a more democratic and honest view of fan opinion.

I think we should have one, although would agree that the forums have gone some way to replacing the reasons in which they (Most clubs fans) originally set them up.

We are a big club, (I didn't realise how big until this season) and a recognised body of fans could (Or should) only be a good thing.

I applaud anybody who has got of their arse and done something for the fans , the club (Or even in the belief its the right thing to do) but at the same time, think that SISA, The Saints Trust etc. have run their course.

A brand new enitity, with new faces at the helm, would be the way forward, but although it's something I'd like to see, i don't think it's a majority view and doubt there would be enough interest to get it off the ground.......May be i'm just rememering back to the old Saints Supporters club, that used to be a really good laugh after the game.

A brand new enitity, with new faces at the helm, would be the way forward, but although it's something I'd like to see, i don't think it's a majority view and doubt there would be enough interest to get it off the ground.......May be i'm just rememering back to the old Saints Supporters club, that used to be a really good laugh after the game.

That's a good call - a supporters club that provides a good social outlet. I suppose the dell Bar has attempted to replicate that with differing degrees of success. Fair comment.