RIP Ronnie James Dio

Pancake

i've scrolled the net to see who the poor chap actually is and for every report i read reporting the poor chap dead there's another saying he's still alive,i'm confused :smt017

He was a singer in many legendary metal bands back in the 70's and 80's, Rainbow and Black Sabbath to name two. Had a long and successful solo career as well. If you've seen the Tenacious D movie, he has a cameo in that, if you don't recognise any of the bands he's been in.

There were hoax reports that he'd died in November last year, and also some false reports yesterday, but it seems that he has actually passed away this time. Absolute legend, RIP.

Blimey, I expected some sarcastic diatribe against "mediocre rock music" tbf.

scarcastic me?

i'm just going back to my hair-metal roots (pun intended). I loved my RAWK as a youngling, it was when 7th son of a 7th son came out that I knew it was time to jump ship to indie, punk, new fangled dance music, girls and drugs and all that sh1t.

But still have a very soft spot for Rainbow Rising and Down to Earth.

Very sad.

Rainbow were the first band I fell in love with, and Dio were great when they played The Gaumont in 1982/3.

I was there.

RIP matey.

Edit: No, it was Rainbow I saw at the Gaumont -when was that I wonder? They had the big Rainbow Risin' rainbow backdrop thingy. At the time I was very, very, drunk (and the rest)!!