No instalment plan!!!!

St. Jason

Have the club shot themselves in the foot here??

I have 2 season tickets and will not be in a posistion to stump up the cash in advance, not by the end of June anyway! That's the end of 20 years as a season ticket holder! How many other fans are going to be hit the same way??

My big worry is this, I've seen it happen to all my mates, once they'd given up the season ticket they stopped going, at first it was a case of "I'll still go, I'll just pick my games" but when it came to getting down the ticket office they couldn't be arsed!!!

I hope this don't happen to me but I've seen it happen!!!

I don't know if your interested but maybe by joining this group the club may listen http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127219507306704#!/group.php?gid=127219507306704&ref=mf I know its a bit sad but i don't know what else to do!!

Edited by St. Jason

Great, thats me screwed then. This could be a serious mistake for the club, with the current economical problems the country is facing I think a awful lot of people will be in the same boat.

Not only that though mate but would you still go to all the games? Hartlepool, Tuesday night December 18, I'd seriously think about staying at home in the warm with no season ticket!!!

If enough people email David Luker about this then surely the club will review it if they realise a load of STH aren't going to renew because of it.

Somebody on the other thread mentioned that in the clubs charter released in December 2010 there is a sentence in there saying the club will continue to offer payment installments to help fans pay for ST's, if this is the case then it should definatly be highlighted.

Unless I can borrow some money from somewhere then I know I certainly won't be able to renew.

If enough people email David Luker about this then surely the club will review it if they realise a load of STH aren't going to renew because of it.

Somebody on the other thread mentioned that in the clubs charter released in December 2010 there is a sentence in there saying the club will continue to offer payment installments to help fans pay for ST's, if this is the case then it should definatly be highlighted.

Unless I can borrow some money from somewhere then I know I certainly won't be able to renew.

I just don't get the reasoning behind it though, surely you'd expect them to be everything they could to incourage existing and new season ticket sales???

I just don't get the reasoning behind it though, surely you'd expect them to be everything they could to incourage existing and new season ticket sales???

Major, major mistake mate. They've lost four season tickets with me and my mates. I'm on holiday in mid June and was counting on the installment plan.

No installment plan, no tickets as I don't have the cash to spend £323 and go on holiday...

People just don't have that sort of money handy. You can't just take away a payment option like that. Four of us all ready to sign on the dotted line and now not going to do so because the club just suddenly removed a valuable payment option...

Season ticket numbers are going to plummet.

Bad, bad move move Saints... no reward for the sort of support they received last season...

You can apply for one online. Barclaycard one just taken me 5 mins and is interest free on purchases for 12 months. Card will arrive in 5 days. Easy

Not that easy if you've has any sort of financial difficulty's in the past though! Just feel this going to hurt a lot of fans and this will be reflected in a attendance drop!

Just get a 0% credit card and pay it off in the normal way. It's exactly the same (in fact better as you can pay it off over 12 months). If not, perhaps you should have saved up.

Easy chance for people to have a moan isn't it, just because they can't be bothered to apply for a credit card.

Oh and btw, even on a non interest free credit card it would only cost approx 40 quid extra a year in interest.

Surely the club would have looked to see how many STH's paid by installments and made decision based on that in which case you think that only a small percentage paid by installments! I would be shocked if they made this decision even though a "significant" number of fans paid by installments especially since they were later than any other club in announcing the ST prices.

I for one paid by installments when I had a ST.

Just get a 0% credit card and pay it off in the normal way. It's exactly the same (in fact better as you can pay it off over 12 months). If not, perhaps you should have saved up.

Easy chance for people to have a moan isn't it, just because they can't be bothered to apply for a credit card.

Oh and btw, even on a non interest free credit card it would only cost approx 40 quid extra a year in interest.

What a lovely attitude. YOu may be lucky not to have been affected but the vast majority of people have been royally screwed by the recession. That means no credit, certainly not a 0% card. And as for the saving up issue, well yes possibly if the club had announced back at the end of last season that would have been a possibility, but for them to announce in the club charter that they would have one in place then to go back on it is not on. YOu may be in the enviable position of having £400 to splash around, I, and many others like me, are not.

Not that easy if you've has any sort of financial difficulty's in the past though! Just feel this going to hurt a lot of fans and this will be reflected in a attendance drop!

Family of four, rather than pay in installments, you've got to find close to £1000 in one go....

I wouldn't have minded paying more, the price is not the gripe... It's taking away an established payment option and effectively saying, "Tough ****, cough up..."

Talk about how to kill off the feel good factor....

The installment plan would go through a finance company so it is ineffect the same process as applying for a credit card in that you could be declined if you had bad credit rating. It actually turns out I have just applied for a new credit card which offers 0% for 12 months on purchases so in theory I could buy a ST using the card and be no worse off then if I was too pay by Installments. However I dont think it is acceptable that fans should be made to pay in one lump sum or worse still be made to get a credit card.

What a lovely attitude. YOu may be lucky not to have been affected but the vast majority of people have been royally screwed by the recession. That means no credit, certainly not a 0% card. And as for the saving up issue, well yes possibly if the club had announced back at the end of last season that would have been a possibility, but for them to announce in the club charter that they would have one in place then to go back on it is not on. YOu may be in the enviable position of having £400 to splash around, I, and many others like me, are not.

Rubbish, credit cards are still easy as hell to get hold off. Try and apply for one and see what they say, don't just sit on here and say it's impossible to get one.

And as for the saving thing, everyone know there would be season tickets going on sale this June. Most thought it was April. So surely people would have saved up ready for April?

You can apply for one online. Barclaycard one just taken me 5 mins and is interest free on purchases for 12 months. Card will arrive in 5 days. Easy

Only if you've a good credit rating. :confused: :(

Anyone else won't get a card these days unless it's at really high rates. :smt105

So because we've been "saved" by Mr Liehber, if we dare question a decision we're moaning?

I've had a season ticket for 20 years and as far as I can remember I've always paid on the plan! If the club had said "2009/2010 is the last season on the plan" then yes, I'd of saved, but to be told on June 1st that I've to pay in full for both season tickets by June 31st is not on! If that's moaning just for moaning's sake then yes, I'm a moaner and the "club can do without fans like me"!!

So because we've been "saved" by Mr Liehber, if we dare question a decision we're moaning?

I've had a season ticket for 20 years and as far as I can remember I've always paid on the plan! If the club had said "2009/2010 is the last season on the plan" then yes, I'd of saved, but to be told on June 1st that I've to pay in full for both season tickets by June 31st is not on! If that's moaning just for moaning's sake then yes, I'm a moaner and the "club can do without fans like me"!!

What is the difference between buying a credit card and getting it on 0% for 12 months, or doing it through the plan? Nothing, apart from smaller payments on the credit card. I just don't see what the fuss is about. It's changed, so what? Suck it up and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Barclaycard do 0% on ST purchases, irrespective of interest rate.

If you've got a good rating mate, if not your fooked!

My rating is ****e at the mo through a tax issue, and this issue has been hanging over my head for the last 3 years BUT I've never had a problem being accepted on to the instalment plan!

I think the point most are trying to make is if we'd been forwarned we could of indeed made other arrangements, put a £10 a week to one side, kids clean cars etc etc but to be told you have 30 days to pay or do one is not on!

Well, I won't be renewing at this time then, had planned on using the installment plan for renewing the families 3 season tickets, just broken the news here in the office and so far there's 22 tickets not being renewed, 3 people have decided they will put it on there credit cards so out of 25 tickets the club will only less than 15% renewal !!!!!!!!!

????? :smile:

lol its not hard to get a credit card people. Just get a 0% for 12 months and pay it off as and when. Simple really. If you don't have credit well then big lol @ you.

Some people cannot get credit for one reason or another, for you to take the p155 shows what a **** you are, btw I don't need credit to pay for mine as I buy outright, I am defending those you think you can take the p155 out of you f***ing idiot

And as for the saving thing, everyone know there would be season tickets going on sale this June. Most thought it was April. So surely people would have saved up ready for April?

Why would you have saved up when the club had already pretty much said there wouuld be a installment plan available?

Sentence is highlighted; this is lifted from the following document under the heading of tickets. (http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/staticFiles/5f/44/0,,10280~148575,00.pdf)

• In a continuing effort to strive for wider access to matches,

the club will offer:

- a broad range of ticket prices and hospitality prices.

- Junior prices to those supporters 16 and under on 1st august

2009 in all parts of the ground. this will be further broken down

into supporters aged 12 and under and 8 and under to provide

a really competitive and cost effective pricing structure.

- Senior prices to those supporters aged 60 or over on 1st august

2009 in all parts of the ground.

- a young adult price to cover supporters aged 17-21.

- an enlarged family enclosure for the use of families and juniors

alike. this is discounted compared to other stands to encourage

family attendance.

- facilities for disabled supporters and their enablers. these can

be booked at the ticket offi ce in person or by telephone.

- a payment plan for season tickets to make them cost-effective.

• If a match is postponed in advance of the scheduled match day,

supporters will be entitled to use their ticket(s) for the rearranged

match or to request a full refund. if a match is postponed after

supporters are admitted to the ground, but before kick off, ticket

holders will be entitled to free entry to the re-arranged fi xture.

if a match is abandoned after kick off, ticket holders will be entitled

to purchase tickets at half price for the re-arranged fi xture.

• Refunds for tickets will be granted in exceptional circumstances only,

and such requests are considered on an individual basis and any

such acceptance will not be considered as granting of a precedent.

• Ticket prices for cup competitions will be agreed with the opposing

club and published fully using the available club media. for home

cup fi xtures, season ticket holders will be given a priority period

to claim their seat. other tickets will be sold as published at the

appropriate time.

• Tickets can be purchased for all home and away games via the Box

offi ce at St mary’s, via the telephone booking line and online.

• Tickets for away fi xtures will normally be made available to season

ticket holders to purchase in the fi rst instance, followed by general

sale. on occasions, where demand is likely to outstrip supply, the

club will look to operate a loyalty system based on previous away

fi xture attendance. at this time, supporters will be required to

submit a written application for tickets, although the club reserves

the right to vary this at any time.

• Travel is provided for home supporters to travel to away games.

all travel is made available at cost price with no profit to the club.

To contact The Club with any suggestions or feedback on Ticketing,

email SupporterCharter@saintsfc.co.uk, putting Ticketing as the subject.

HTH. Mrs Neil and me will find it hard to find a way of stumping up £393 each, which if I recall correctly, is £60 more than last seasons renewal figure.

What is the difference between buying a credit card and getting it on 0% for 12 months, or doing it through the plan? Nothing, apart from smaller payments on the credit card. I just don't see what the fuss is about. It's changed, so what? Suck it up and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Maybe your location says a bit about your attitude to all this!

Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to live in the lovely green surroundings on the edge of the forest, and as such do not have the £732 just kicking around for a season ticket. Life, at the momment is tough out here in the building game. I'm not knocking you or anyone, the instalment plan was, is a real life saver for a lot of fans who without this option simply won't be able to go!

Not really

If people cannot get a credit card due to bad credit then that's their problem not SFC's

I think this is a good move. Only real fans will be there and hopefully this new plan will get rid of those benefit cheating spotty clowns at the back of northam.

wtf, only real FANS? after all the 'prawn sandwich' arguments you now want to drive out fans who for one reason or another do not want to or cannot gain access to a credit card?

The biggest point is the fans charter that now resides in Cortese's bin under his desk, even RL with his renowned penny pinching never sank that low but I suppose it follows ML's ethic of no credit or loans, strange then that the club will play loan players!

Not really

If people cannot get a credit card due to bad credit then that's their problem not SFC's

I think this is a good move. Only real fans will be there and hopefully this new plan will get rid of those benefit cheating spotty clowns at the back of northam.

Oh, so real fans have good credit ratings? Shut up you retard...

The point is that the club cannot just withdraw a payment option, if they had said in January that the installment option will be withdrawn then there's no excuse for any of us but to just leave it till June (when a lot of fans, real or not, go on holiday) and say cough up the whole sum or else, is just inexcusable.

I never bought into the £125, £1.25 season ticket rumour and I don't mind paying a bit more than last season as I don't believe Markus should shoulder the costs of promotion on his own, but for the life of me I cannot see how this is a good idea.

Not everyone can get credit, not everyone has £390 odd pound under the mattress, it doesn't make them lesser fans it just makes them fans who were not informed by the club that a valuable payment option would be withdrawn at no notice whatsoever...

What is even more inexcusable is having some fans on here mocking those who don't have a good credit rating/credit card, as being somehow lesser fans than those with Barclaycards. What vile, appalling excuses for fans you ****s are...

I am in a fortunate position to be able to pay up front in one hit, but IMO the club has got it wrong with regard to not going down the road of 6 months interest free as they have in the past. Not only that the club should have given us more notice plans should have been in place before the end of last season with regard to price depending on what division we were in.

I applaud the policy taken by the club. Our owner didn't borrow anything to buy SFC, doesn't intend to borrow, in order to buy players or invest in the new training ground and obviously expects the fans to follow his excellent example.

The added bonus is that there will be no poor people attending games...

Maybe your location says a bit about your attitude to all this!

Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to live in the lovely green surroundings on the edge of the forest, and as such do not have the £732 just kicking around for a season ticket. Life, at the momment is tough out here in the building game. I'm not knocking you or anyone, the instalment plan was, is a real life saver for a lot of fans who without this option simply won't be able to go!

I don't live in Dibden Purlieu now, I'm up in London, and that says nothing about me, my wealth (which is still negative equity, I'm sure) or my credit rating. I'm just coming up with alternatives for people.

Lowe would never have treated his customers with such contempt ;)

Look, they should have let people know earlier, I agree with that, I just don't think it's the massive issue everyone makes of it!

It is if you dont have the money

Not really

This from someone who cannot afford a fiver membership to saintsweb :rolleyes: