Refs At Free Kicks (You May Thank Me For This)...

TijuanaTim

....especially if you still play or coach.

Watch closely both Lamps free-kicks today, one the Germans even broke and scored from. Both shots were blocks by accident or on purpose by handballs, right.

So if you or your teammate have a freekick in shooting distance always and I repeat 'always', politely, but firmly remind the official before it is taken/shot, that the wall/defense has 10 yards to man up and be brave or to let it go and not use their hands....then the ref has not got a leg to stand on with all this incidental or accidental bs.

I have to +1 this advice, say "Great shout Tim!" and grab a high five!

Please, please, please fella's....ask the ref to make sure the wall/defense is back the required distance. Any coaches out there, you gotta make sure that your players are aware of this and the importance of this.

Another one, and I'm sure time with give me a low five on the sly for this one, is to always, always, make sure that as a defense, if you're going to play off-side, that you all move up together. Please coaches, get it into your players heads that they need to act as one and cannot have one daft sod lagging behind and playing everyone onside.

And one more, I'll give this one for free.......if your team has been awarded a penalty, make sure that the goalie is on the line and not half up up the 6 yard box. Also make sure that no members of the defense are in the penalty area when your guy if about to take the penalty kick.

Awesome advice Tim! I think that offensive players should have this drilled into them when taking free-shot. I think we might have won today if some of our players were more clued up on this.

Also, when your players are taking a throw-on, make sure that they keep both their feet on the ground as this will only result in the throw being disallowed and given to the opposing team. And another good piece of advice: when you are kicking off, make sure that all of your team are behind the midfield stripe as advancing beyond it before the ball is kicked is not allowed.

I have to +1 this advice, say "Great shout Tim!" and grab a high five!

Please, please, please fella's....ask the ref to make sure the wall/defense is back the required distance. Any coaches out there, you gotta make sure that your players are aware of this and the importance of this.

Another one, and I'm sure time with give me a low five on the sly for this one, is to always, always, make sure that as a defense, if you're going to play off-side, that you all move up together. Please coaches, get it into your players heads that they need to act as one and cannot have one daft sod lagging behind and playing everyone onside.

And one more, I'll give this one for free.......if your team has been awarded a penalty, make sure that the goalie is on the line and not half up up the 6 yard box. Also make sure that no members of the defense are in the penalty area when your guy if about to take the penalty kick.

YAY!! My stalker's back, where've you been my obsessed little friend..hope I didn't offend, thought you may have actually gotta life there for a minute..but that'd just be kidding ourselves wouldn't it. BTW, do not forget the 8 hour time difference that I'll probably be posting at...set y'clock and don't forget to stay up into the wee hours 'case you may miss something. Use your three posts wisely nipper, momma still hasn't forked out the whole 5 bucks or whatever it is to let you be a real poster...Give me your details, I'll sign you up, maybe. LMFAO

I actually genuinely find that people who insist someone is stalking them just add more evidence of their own solipsism.

Ooh, a little empty white box on the internet... that must be for me to fill with my ideas...

Hmm, worth thinking about mate...make a good point, however in this case nah...he's just a little obsessed to be fair.

Awesome advice Tim! I think that offensive players should have this drilled into them when taking free-shot. I think we might have won today if some of our players were more clued up on this.

Also, when your players are taking a throw-on, make sure that they keep both their feet on the ground as this will only result in the throw being disallowed and given to the opposing team. And another good piece of advice: when you are kicking off, make sure that all of your team are behind the midfield stripe as advancing beyond it before the ball is kicked is not allowed.

Great advice mate. And if I remember rightly, you're a coach of some sort yourself aren't you? I think that between you, me and Tim, any budding soccer player or coach could do a lot worse than listen to our advice.

YAY!! My stalker's back, where've you been my obsessed little friend..hope I didn't offend, thought you may have actually gotta life there for a minute..but that'd just be kidding ourselves wouldn't it. BTW, do not forget the 8 hour time difference that I'll probably be posting at...set y'clock and don't forget to stay up into the wee hours 'case you may miss something. Use your three posts wisely nipper, momma still hasn't forked out the whole 5 bucks or whatever it is to let you be a real poster...Give me your details, I'll sign you up, maybe. LMFAO

I am genuinely perplexed by this anomisity that you show me. I have just agreed with one of your posts, congratulated you on the quality of your coaching advice, and all I get in return are accusations of stalking (which I know the SWF team take very seriously as it is a police matter) and insults about not having a life. I won't pretend that I'm not hurt. I am hurt. That said, if you're ever over here and want to get together with myself and Kadeem, I would love to lay on some coaching sessions for some of the poor kids.

So, despite your unwarranted attack, I would like to thank you for starting this thread, on behalf of all the players and coaches out there and I want to encourage all those with even the smallest amount of coaching experience to share their wisdom here......maybe we can bypass the FA and develop some young talent here, ready for the 2018 World Cup.

Wiltshire's advice for young players:

If you have a player (from your own team) near you and another player from your team 50yards away, and the one far away is being closely marked, but the one nearer is free- pass to the one nearer to you. Don't always look for the long ball. Keep it simple lads. Coaches have got to really drum this into the youngsters from an early age.

Great advice mate. And if I remember rightly, you're a coach of some sort yourself aren't you? I think that between you, me and Tim, any budding soccer player or coach could do a lot worse than listen to our advice.

I am genuinely perplexed by this anomisity that you show me. I have just agreed with one of your posts, congratulated you on the quality of your coaching advice, and all I get in return are accusations of stalking (which I know the SWF team take very seriously as it is a police matter) and insults about not having a life. I won't pretend that I'm not hurt. I am hurt. That said, if you're ever over here and want to get together with myself and Kadeem, I would love to lay on some coaching sessions for some of the poor kids.

So, despite your unwarranted attack, I would like to thank you for starting this thread, on behalf of all the players and coaches out there and I want to encourage all those with even the smallest amount of coaching experience to share their wisdom here......maybe we can bypass the FA and develop some young talent here, ready for the 2018 World Cup.

Wiltshire's advice for young players:

If you have a player (from your own team) near you and another player from your team 50yards away, and the one far away is being closely marked, but the one nearer is free- pass to the one nearer to you. Don't always look for the long ball. Keep it simple lads. Coaches have got to really drum this into the youngsters from an early age.

Must of missed that my little friend and there was me thinking it was yet another juvenile and vein attempt at humor or sarcasm...in that case if you not just stalking (as is your normal modus operandi) I congratulate you on bowing to the object of your obsession's greater wisdom. BTW, I would gladly host a coaching clinic for you and your 'alleged' alter ego Kareem-Kadeem or whatever you...oops, I mean he calls himself.

I would educate in y'hero's methodology in Southampton after an upcoming home game, however we all realize how futile that is, as by your own admission you do not attend games.

I maybe off to a function soon so respond quick otherwise you and/or the other dude will be having yet another late night awaiting my wisdom.

I think that this is really good advise.

I teach football sessions a couple of times a week and (obviously) every young nipper wants to play in the offense and hardly any are interested in learning about defense.

When I get a really keen little guy who wants to learn about playing in defense I am often at a loss on what to tell him. Usually I tell him the basics: Don't turn your back on goal when defending, don't try and play the off side trap (rarely works), clear it long and hard when under pressure, encourage your winger to take it to the byline, etc.

I like TT's advise on defense. I will try it out this tueday and get back to you about it TT. I can see that you obviously coach a lot your self. Any other advise I would appreciate. Certainly makes my life easier!

....especially if you still play or coach.

Watch closely both Lamps free-kicks today, one the Germans even broke and scored from. Both shots were blocks by accident or on purpose by handballs, right.

So if you or your teammate have a freekick in shooting distance always and I repeat 'always', politely, but firmly remind the official before it is taken/shot, that the wall/defense has 10 yards to man up and be brave or to let it go and not use their hands....then the ref has not got a leg to stand on with all this incidental or accidental bs.

This is good advise because usually the ref after any game has to face these questions and will use as his defense that he had forgotten that the wall has 10 yards to man up. If you remind him before every free shot then he will know that after the game he cannot claim that he had forgotten and, knowing he will have to face the tough questions, will give you a PK every time the ball hits an arm since he knows he will not be able to use that defense.

With this one I can point to my Rugby experience where I caused a penalty by handling the ball in the ruck. It was promptly moved 20 yards forwards, 10 for arguing with him, and 10 for not calling him sir, but ref.

And, to be honest, another rule from Rugby that would benefit being introduced into footy. Belive me, the arguing with the ref soon becomes a thing of the past, believe me, no matter how agrieved you feel.

The first is the video ref, in case you are wondering.

ball to hand...Lamps is smashing the ball at them. If they purposly block it with their arms/hands then they should be in goal.

Fair enough, that's the point...everyone knows Lamps is...well 'Lamping' it at the wall, most of all the 'wall' and the ref. They have ten yards in which not to use their hands....and if you do you their hands then fair enough, there is an offense in the game called hand ball last time I looked right. Some refs don't go for it, but a lot do...take the p!ss all you want, that's good for a laugh and we could all use one, however some of you will do what I suggested and it will work.

Not really 'ball to hand' when you stand there to block it at a set piece, you know it's coming straight at you!! Look closely at both Lamp's incidents as well, if the handball happens within a general profile of the body then maybe sometimes you can talk 'incidental', but never when it's outside.