Burgled last night

Weston Super Saint

In the pub.

They broke in, forced open both fruit machines and took the effing lot!

Fortunately :

1. The fruities don't belong to me, so the company that owns them can replace them free of charge.

2. The 'collector' came during the day yesterday and emptied all the cash, so without having the official total yet, I reckon they pocketed about £20 :D

Unfortunately :

1. Mrs WSS spent the night at my sister's house - who ironically is a little scared after an attempted burglary round hers - so had the bed to myself for once, but spent not very much time in it :(

2. They'll probably come back and try again another day when the machines have more money in them.

Anyone got any recommendations for baseball bat retailers?

I only got £17.89, what kind of cheap skate pub do you run!

Nah, in all seriousness, do you have alarms installed? That or get yourself a couple of Rotty's who sleep downstairs.

If I were a burgular, confronted by two peaced off Rottweilers barking would be enough to turn me away. Get a nice 'Winchester' rifle too so you can stumble downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers and shoo them away!

Stupid burglars, why didn't they take all the alcohol?

They probably realised the fat bald man would be coming down the stairs very soon with a pitching wedge - that just happened to be lying by the door with a selection of other golf clubs m'lud ;) - since the burglar alarm is louder than Oceana on a Saturday night....

Jilleh, there seems to be a reoccuring theme in your posts. Most seem to involve alcohol in one form or another.

Im worried about you, you know admitting it is the first step to recovery?

Thanks for your concern but I would have stolen all the alcohol and sold it to tramps rather than drinking it myself.

I only got £17.89, what kind of cheap skate pub do you run!

Nah, in all seriousness, do you have alarms installed? That or get yourself a couple of Rotty's who sleep downstairs.

If I were a burgular, confronted by two peaced off Rottweilers barking would be enough to turn me away. Get a nice 'Winchester' rifle too so you can stumble downstairs in your dressing gown and slippers and shoo them away!

Yes.

Also I might 'borrow' my sister's boxer, but since she is still a puppy, she might just want to play.

At least it would keep them occupied while I suitably arm myself :D

Thanks for your concern but I would have stolen all the alcohol and sold it to tramps rather than drinking it myself.

To be fair they were in and out in less than a minute.

You might have been able to wrestle down a bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin from the back of the bar in that time.

You could have sold them for what, maybe a fiver each to a 'tramp'.

I think that makes my dimwitted burglars a little more successful than you would have been....

My family home was burgled just before Christmas one year. Not only did they steal all our present (including the Megadrive) but our dog was very quiet for months after so i suspect they booted him...

I can only hope that the scumbag was shanked whilst serving time in prison...

If it is any concilation I had my bar here broken into twice in April! The first time the man had been to collect the money the day before so they got nothing as they stupidly didnt break into the reserve cash, just the winnings. The second time they broke in the night before the man came so got about a grand! We have a 50/50 split on the profits here so lost about 500 euros plus the repair of the window twice!

I do have an alarm system but it takes me 15 minutes to drive to the bar after I recieve the call so couldnt get there in time! (believe it or not but the got in and out of my bar and the one next door in twelve minutes.)

The only way I could stop them is to put rechas (metal bars) up at the windows, which cost me another 1500 euros, but touch wood I havent had any more problems since!! This could be an option for you especially if the brewery could pay for it!!