Leon Crouch at Coventry

saintjinksie

Or we'd be in administration and bottom with 1 point after a 10 point deduction.

However, closing the corners was one of the previous administrations ideas, so who's to say what other financial arrangements were also being lined up??

You cannot say for sure what would have happened and whether we would have gone into administration or not, likewise you can't predict what is going to happen, but the current results are suggestive that administration is closer now than perhaps it should be....

However, closing the corners was one of the previous administrations ideas, so who's to say what other financial arrangements were also being lined up??

You cannot say for sure what would have happened and whether we would have gone into administration or not, likewise you can't predict what is going to happen, but the current results are suggestive that administration is closer now than perhaps it should be....

Absolutely, just as it can't be said if Crouch was still chairman and Pearson still manager we'd be in with a realistic chance of promotion.

Or we'd be in administration and bottom with 1 point after a 10 point deduction.

Anyone who buys into the removal of Pearson as financial prudence is gullible to say the least.

All that move was about was Lowe's ego not be able to stomach having a manager he didn't pick.

As for administration then i would suggest sub 15,000 gates are a sure fire way of accelerating the process. It is Lowe's decisions this season that have resulted in fans staying away in their droves.

"Total Football" is just another gimmick from the masters of spin. Do you remember Wilde's "Football First" gimmick? The reality is that Lowe and Wilde are hanging onto their investments for dear life by asset stripping the squad down to it's bare bones. This will result in relegation and administration.

If only we'd taken the SISU offer. The refusal to accept this offer was sheer incompetence.

Absolutely, just as it can't be said if Crouch was still chairman and Pearson still manager we'd be in with a realistic chance of promotion.

Correct.

You CAN draw some conclusions from our current position though, although I concede it is early days and there is still a long way to go, but for me that's the worrying part :(

Crossing your fingers and hoping for an investor is not a plan!

Anyone who buys into the removal of Pearson as financial prudence is gullible to say the least.

All that move was about was Lowe's ego not be able to stomach having a manager he didn't pick.

As for administration then i would suggest sub 15,000 gates are a sure fire way of accelerating the process. It is Lowe's decisions this season that have resulted in fans staying away in their droves.

"Total Football" is just another gimmick from the masters of spin. Do you remember Wilde's "Football First" gimmick? The reality is that Lowe and Wilde are hanging onto their investments for dear life by asset stripping the squad down to it's bare bones. This will result in relegation and administration.

If only we'd taken the SISU offer. The refusal to accept this offer was sheer incompetence.

so we would have a massive debt and would have done nothing about it under leon .i think you will find that even under leon we would have had to face up to reality about our debts.

For those who went yesterday, did you see Leon Crouch? He was sat at the back, he even checked out the odds for a saints win!

I saw him at Doncaster and I gather he was at the Rotherham Cup match 4 days previously.

There is no doubt he cares for the club which does mean something at the end of the day.

I don't think he enjoyed his stint as Chairman tbh and I think mistakes were made but one thing is for sure he would not let us go into administration and Barclays were more than happy with his stewardship.

If Leon Crouch was prepared to risk his own money then I would agree. BUT with the current situation we are in at the moment, I very much doubt it.

Hardly any manager could gain promotion with the younger/inexperience players in one season.

It's like the saying, rome wasn't built in the day.

It will take time and patients till the youth grow in maturity.

I disagree and think we would be doing better both on and off the pitch if he remained. He was only in the job from December and he made a few mess ups but in comparison to what Lowe and Wilde have done since their return it is nothing. Crouch was doing what Lowe and Wilde will never do and that was looking for investment. If you don't have money you will suffer. However if your results on the pitch are ok you will make more money from having fans at the games and more likely to have better deals for sponsorship/players etc.. When we look back through history at this year i think the main failure will be appointing an unknown, unproved manager,again. I like Jan and i understand in what he is trying to do. It is not an easy job. But it isn't a job you can come into with no knowledge and expect to do well. A few of our results have been down to our negative attitude. Playing 1 up front is not a tactic that has done us well. If Leon had remained i am 100% sure Pearson would of stayed and he would of built a team on the cheap with frees and loans. His record is not amazing but i think as this season progresses people will appreciate his efforts a lot more. Losing only 3 games at the pressure end of the season where you lose 1 more game and your down is emense. He had the support of the majority of the fans and was respected by everyone. I have no doubt if he remained he would of used his connections to get in better players then what we currently have. I don't think we would of been promoted this season under him but i think we would not be anywhere near the relegation battle we will probably find ourselves in this year. At the end of last season i think with Crouch we would of been sold and probably moved forwards. Where as now we are going backwards again and have another season of fighting for our lives. However you look at it you can't say Crouch is bad for what he did last year and Lowe is good for what he has done this year. As others have said before Davies being sold for just over £1m could return to haunt us.

Guest Hacienda

But gambling the house on a bunch of kids and inexperienced but malleable managers is?

I disagree and think we would be doing better both on and off the pitch if he remained. He was only in the job from December and he made a few mess ups but in comparison to what Lowe and Wilde have done since their return it is nothing. Crouch was doing what Lowe and Wilde will never do and that was looking for investment. If you don't have money you will suffer. However if your results on the pitch are ok you will make more money from having fans at the games and more likely to have better deals for sponsorship/players etc.. When we look back through history at this year i think the main failure will be appointing an unknown, unproved manager,again. I like Jan and i understand in what he is trying to do. It is not an easy job. But it isn't a job you can come into with no knowledge and expect to do well. A few of our results have been down to our negative attitude. Playing 1 up front is not a tactic that has done us well. If Leon had remained i am 100% sure Pearson would of stayed and he would of built a team on the cheap with frees and loans. His record is not amazing but i think as this season progresses people will appreciate his efforts a lot more. Losing only 3 games at the pressure end of the season where you lose 1 more game and your down is emense. He had the support of the majority of the fans and was respected by everyone. I have no doubt if he remained he would of used his connections to get in better players then what we currently have. I don't think we would of been promoted this season under him but i think we would not be anywhere near the relegation battle we will probably find ourselves in this year. At the end of last season i think with Crouch we would of been sold and probably moved forwards. Where as now we are going backwards again and have another season of fighting for our lives. However you look at it you can't say Crouch is bad for what he did last year and Lowe is good for what he has done this year. As others have said before Davies being sold for just over £1m could return to haunt us.

The point is it's all ifs buts and maybes on something we'll never ever know the outcome of so there's little point arguing over it... Like it or not, Wilde and Lowe are back, trying to protect their investment and there's not a damn thing you or I can do about it unless we've get c£50m to buy them out and re-build the club.... All we can do is stay together as a fanbase and give the manager, sorry head coach, and the lads 100% backing....

The point is it's all ifs buts and maybes on something we'll never ever know the outcome of so there's little point arguing over it... Like it or not, Wilde and Lowe are back, trying to protect their investment and there's not a damn thing you or I can do about it unless we've get c£50m to buy them out and re-build the club.... All we can do is stay together as a fanbase and give the manager, sorry head coach, and the lads 100% backing....

Nah, that's all we can do. We can do what the **** we like. We are "customers" to coin Lowes description. We can go when we like and cheer and boo when we like.

I don't like Lowe and Wilde coming back so i'm supposed to just carry on going and get behind their set up? Nah, it doesn't work like that with me - not anymore. There's a breaking point for everyone when you say enoughs enough. It's called having principles. If my local gets a landlord who i thinks a complete **** i stop drinking in that pub - it's exactly the same with SFC as far as i'm concerned. So you and all the other super fans can wind your necks in. I'll support (or not support) the club as i see fit and while Lowe and Wilde remain that is not a lot.

Nah, that's all we can do. We can do what the **** we like. We are "customers" to coin Lowes description. We can go when we like and cheer and boo when we like.

I don't like Lowe and Wilde coming back so i'm supposed to just carry on going and get behind their set up? Nah, it doesn't work like that with me - not anymore. There's a breaking point for everyone when you say enoughs enough. It's called having principles. If my local gets a landlord who i thinks a complete **** i stop drinking in that pub - it's exactly the same with SFC as far as i'm concerned. So you and all the other super fans can wind your necks in. I'll support (or not support) the club as i see fit and while Lowe and Wilde remain that is not a lot.

And that's your perogotive.... I supported the CLUB long before Lowe arrived and I'll be supporting it long after he's gone. The personalitys come and go in football, the clubs remain...

As far as I am concerned you are quite right. I have to say quite a number of those fans who advocate attending matches no matter what, are fans in Exile, many living abroad, who themselves hide behind distance and can withdraw their support but insist on those close to home attending no matter what.

Perhaps if they were to see every game then their opinion might change.

Loyalty must be earned, its like respect...not freely given.

Lowe and Wilde have dumped all over us and, expect us to turn up week in week out...enough is enough.

Lets hear some pearls of wisdom from Wilde, Lowe Crouch et al

Ah Yes ........... but we'd be rid of Lowe ........ and we would not stay bottom for long ...... as per Rotherham

This would be the same Rotherham who were in the CCC three seasons ago and two relegations in a row now sit at the bottom of the fourth tier.

And they've been into administration twice, which means they should be twice as strong, going by your "administration makes you stronger" f uck witted logic.

Utterly, utterly clueless.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by up and away viewpost.gif

But gambling the house on a bunch of kids and inexperienced but malleable managers is?

When you have already lost the house, you have very little choice but to play a bunch of inexperienced kids. And just hope you can get the bank to go along with you before pulling the plug.

When you have already lost the house, you have very little choice but to play a bunch of inexperienced kids. And just hope you can get the bank to go along with you before pulling the plug.

If we had already lost the house,why were we allowed to purchase

Schniderlien?