Robots

Master Bates

We've all seen robots made by the Japanese, some are creature type like robot spiders, some look basic, some are tall and ropey whilst others are small and loveable

snn3027drobot280541932ahi2.jpg

Well, now Japan have made the most human like robot EVER

91280385ab8.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-Jl6Hb5Vw

THIS is the most life-like robot suit ever – the cyber girl Repliee R-1.

Based on a real five-year-old Japanese girl, this machine was built to look just like a human.

It has 50 sensors and a series of motors to help it move and has been built to help pensioners and disabled people move better.

Japanese boffins from Tsukuba University developed the Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) suit using flexible silicon skin.

And robotics company Cyberdyne Inc are set to start making it on a mass scale on Friday.

No I don't get to watch tele on a Sunday, only dvds.

That reads like you never get to watch TV on Sundays. Is there some sort of curfew..?

Have a look on BBC's iPlayer. You'll see James visiting Japan [mainly], USA, GB [[southampton University [in Sunny Southampton] as it happens]], and Germany, in his quest for a realistic robot.

There's one in Japan modelled on the scientist who built it. The skin textures and mannerisms of the robot were rather spookily realistic, according to our Mr May.

That reads like you never get to watch TV on Sundays. Is there some sort of curfew..?

Have a look on BBC's iPlayer. You'll see James visiting Japan [mainly], USA, GB [[southampton University in [sunny Southampton] as it happens]], and Germany, in his quest for a realistic robot.

there's one in Japan modelled on the scientist who built it. The skin textures and mannerisms of the robot were rather spookily realistic, according to our Mr May.

No curfew, I just always watch dvds on a Sunday afternoon/evening as opposed to Sunday TV, last I heard it was full up with Songs of Praise & Dot Cotton's cookery hour.

I have looked and it certainly looks like something from a horror movie ohnoesgh0.gif ahhhve1.gif

Have a look on BBC's iPlayer. You'll see James visiting Japan [mainly], USA, GB [[southampton University [in Sunny Southampton] as it happens]], and Germany, in his quest for a realistic robot.

There's one in Japan modelled on the scientist who built it. The skin textures and mannerisms of the robot were rather spookily realistic, according to our Mr May.

That 'learning' Asimo in Frankfurt was effing awesome.

I'm getting the feeling that I should be watching James May's Big Ideas this coming Sunday.

It won't be about Robots. Watch that on iPlayer. Here's your link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dxdwl/

aint I good to ya..?

Every week is a different idea which affects the world. The first one was about personal aircraft, as in jetpacks and aerocars, but sadly no autogyros, which I would have thought was the real deal.

Now there's a thread subject. Why did James May leave out Autogyros from his personal aircraft programme..? Was it because they work and are feasible transport..?

No curfew, I just always watch dvds on a Sunday afternoon/evening as opposed to Sunday TV, last I heard it was full up with Songs of Praise & Dot Cotton's cookery hour.

I have looked and it certainly looks like something from a horror movie ohnoesgh0.gif ahhhve1.gif

Ah.. I see. then you obviously haven't heard about Bloke's TV, as it is being called, on BBC2.

There's a little 3 hour slot of:

8pm Top Gear

9pm Charley Boorman: By Any Means

10pm James May's Big Ideas

If you include Bruce Parry's Amazon series, later on, [people apparently aren't] that quite a bit of Bloke's TV.

That 'learning' Asimo in Frankfurt was effing awesome.

Tbh, I think all the little Asimo variants are. Did you see the walking Asimo run..? Now that takes real coordination and the abilty to go off balance in a controlled way. After all, humans walk by successively putting a foot out to stop themselves from falling, and running is a huge extension from that.

Pity he walked into the door and fell over though.

I was just thinking whilst I was writing the post above, if two legged walking, as opposed to four legged walking [cats, dogs, etc...], was an indicator of brain power. And an extension of that might be one legged standing, because naturally four legged walking animals can't stay on two legs for very long either, and man can stand on one of his legs for quite some time. All was well, and then I thought of the flamingo. The idea kind of went to pieces after that. :(

I was having a chat about robots last night with a friend.

Check out this video. Its quite impressive when the guy kicks it and it manages to stay on it feet

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/03/post_10.php

Those movements were so instinctive and life-like that at one point I began to think there were a couple of kids in that contraption with their legs hanging out the ends on stilts. Amazing.

We've all seen robots made by the Japanese, some are creature type like robot spiders, some look basic, some are tall and ropey whilst others are small and loveable

snn3027drobot280541932ahi2.jpg

Well, now Japan have made the most human like robot EVER

91280385ab8.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-Jl6Hb5Vw

THIS is the most life-like robot suit ever – the cyber girl Repliee R-1.

Based on a real five-year-old Japanese girl, this machine was built to look just like a human.

It has 50 sensors and a series of motors to help it move and has been built to help pensioners and disabled people move better.

Japanese boffins from Tsukuba University developed the Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) suit using flexible silicon skin.

And robotics company Cyberdyne Inc are set to start making it on a mass scale on Friday.

They are the bastards that made the terminator. I just knew it, Judgement day is here. Quick, where is Sarah Conner......

What's that officer? Have I seen this boy? No, I ............No,No, Don't...I....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

And relax.