Robert Kubica injured in Rally Accident

Lighthouse

Could be out for a year.

Just read that too. Gutted. A quote from his doctor:

"The situation of the hand was clearly serious, it was nearly amputated and we’ve reconstructed completely, first recomponing the fracture and then working on muscles and nervous tissue. The operation has been successful, i don’t want to say too much but we’re quite confident. Kubica should get back the total functionality of the hand for his vital functions and maybe his driving profession. However, it will need some time, perhaps a whole year of rehabilitation. By the way, everything’s been good."

I wonder who will replace him. Romain Grosjean and Bruno Senna are the reserve drivers, but there are more experienced drivers available like Heidfeld and Fisichella (who knows the team well).

Update for you all.

He's sleeping a lot, naturally, but he was brought out of the induced coma yesterday and has received family and friends to visit. He's been moving his hand gently and the docs say it has a good blood supply and no signs of infection. They're hopeful that he will recover but only time will tell. He's awaiting further surgeries on his shoulder, leg and elbow, all of which suffered compound fractures and he's aware of the gravity of the situation and has vowed to fight his way back to fitness.

As for driver news, there really isn't any yet. Bruno and Vitaly will be in the car at the Jerez test and anything else you may read is just rumour.

There are many reports on the web with the above news but I thought I'd just summarise it for you.

More pics from our favourite fascist daily:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1354782/Robert-Kubica-recovering-surgery-shocking-images-reveal-extent-horror-crash.html

Lucky to get away with the injuries he did (ditto for his co-driver)

He must have been flat out to force such a relatively soft chunk of armco that far through the car.

Brings back memories of the early seventies when poorly secured armco killed several drivers (Helmut Konig and Francois Cevert were both decapitated by armco).

Update for you all.

He's sleeping a lot, naturally, but he was brought out of the induced coma yesterday and has received family and friends to visit. He's been moving his hand gently and the docs say it has a good blood supply and no signs of infection. They're hopeful that he will recover but only time will tell. He's awaiting further surgeries on his shoulder, leg and elbow, all of which suffered compound fractures and he's aware of the gravity of the situation and has vowed to fight his way back to fitness.

As for driver news, there really isn't any yet. Bruno and Vitaly will be in the car at the Jerez test and anything else you may read is just rumour.

There are many reports on the web with the above news but I thought I'd just summarise it for you.

Ponty is ITK