Sheffield United predictions.

bjk

Blimey, I logged in under the misapprehension this was a Saints 'fans' forum but reading this thread it seems to be a forum set up by Pompey fans to revel in our up and down form. Whatever happens tonight the result will have little bearing on our confident survival at the end of the season.

Not unlike last season when we went away to Preston, Sheff W and Hull last season and let in 5 goals and still we survived. Hooray for Pearson who surely was responsible for managing the most abject display ever by a modern day Saints team and with a squad and wage bill that should have seen us in the play offs and not Hull.

Sheff Utd may well beat us 5-0 tonight and it will be all part of the learning curve for our team of developing youngsters. Likewise, I have seen enough from them when we may well dish out the odd thrashing of our own this season and if you morons will give this team time the balance of power will swing back in our favour or would you prefer we go the sh1t or bust route waste and pay a few £10k's a week to some aged journeymen looking to boost their pension before retirement?

Grow up and start acting like supporters instead of spoilt little boys. It seems to me many of you are actually revelling in our difficult times whilst the players and I'm sure the majority of level-headed supporters are all doing their best to keep this team in the CCC and thereby provide a platform on which to build.

One serious tonking doesn't destroy a season or do all you Pearson supporters believe he was not at fault for our capitulation at Hull? BTW the reason we were beaten on our last trip to Sheffield from a team 'bottom' of League 2 was because said team have had a big points deduction for going into administration! Clearly you wish the tables were turned or you just love seeing your club struggle. After our excellent performance against Norwich this forum was quieter than McMenemy if he was asked for a positive contribution to forward thinking ideas for this club's future. I wonder why? Nothing to moan about you poor pale skinned individuals?

Watching the game it will be very difficult and its more likely we will get beat, but it's not about this game more about the ones when our chances are more realistic and we could still nick a draw. Still if we do get beat look on the brightside some of you won't be able to contain your glee. Who knows you may even go off and buy yourself a wife off the internet. Sad little men masquerading as fans no wonder we are labelled as being one of the most moaning set of supporters in the football league, at least the employees of this club make you proud to be a saint if not this forum. Disgrace.

Blimey, I logged in under the misapprehension this was a Saints 'fans' forum but reading this thread it seems to be a forum set up by Pompey fans to revel in our up and down form. Whatever happens tonight the result will have little bearing on our confident survival at the end of the season.

Not unlike last season when we went away to Preston, Sheff W and Hull last season and let in 5 goals and still we survived. Hooray for Pearson who surely was responsible for managing the most abject display ever by a modern day Saints team and with a squad and wage bill that should have seen us in the play offs and not Hull.

Sheff Utd may well beat us 5-0 tonight and it will be all part of the learning curve for our team of developing youngsters. Likewise, I have seen enough from them when we may well dish out the odd thrashing of our own this season and if you morons will give this team time the balance of power will swing back in our favour or would you prefer we go the sh1t or bust route waste and pay a few £10k's a week to some aged journeymen looking to boost their pension before retirement?

Grow up and start acting like supporters instead of spoilt little boys. It seems to me many of you are actually revelling in our difficult times whilst the players and I'm sure the majority of level-headed supporters are all doing their best to keep this team in the CCC and thereby provide a platform on which to build.

One serious tonking doesn't destroy a season or do all you Pearson supporters believe he was not at fault for our capitulation at Hull? BTW the reason we were beaten on our last trip to Sheffield from a team 'bottom' of League 2 was because said team have had a big points deduction for going into administration! Clearly you wish the tables were turned or you just love seeing your club struggle. After our excellent performance against Norwich this forum was quieter than McMenemy if he was asked for a positive contribution to forward thinking ideas for this club's future. I wonder why? Nothing to moan about you poor pale skinned individuals?

Watching the game it will be very difficult and its more likely we will get beat, but it's not about this game more about the ones when our chances are more realistic and we could still nick a draw. Still if we do get beat look on the brightside some of you won't be able to contain your glee. Who knows you may even go off and buy yourself a wife off the internet. Sad little men masquerading as fans no wonder we are labelled as being one of the most moaning set of supporters in the football league, at least the employees of this club make you proud to be a saint if not this forum. Disgrace.

Definitely worth taking you off igore for that. LOL.

For the record I reckon we'll get a draw tonight. Can feel it in my fluoride water.

Definitely worth taking you off igore for that. LOL.

For the record I reckon we'll get a draw tonight. Can feel it in my fluoride water.

Well predicted that man. I'm very happy my 6-0 defeat predicition was wrong, but Sunburn, you and Scooby MUST be the same person?

Finally JP has fielded some experience and it has paid off.

...you and Scooby MUST be the same person?

Finally JP has fielded some experience and it has paid off.

The ‘person’ Sundance is a bigoted, snob idiot who just comes out with poorly written, verbose nonsense, thinly trying to veil himself as an intellectual but failing miserably. Arrogant! Always trying, and often succeeding, to provoke some responses and get some much needed attention. Need a hug Sundance? Your words clearly sound like a cry for help.

Sundance, obviously (like his beloved Lowe), knows next to nothing about football and spits venom when attendances fall and people dismiss and ridicule the axis of idiots he purports to represent. Why is that? Is your share holding threatened and you’re tightly grasped wallet emptier than usual?! LOL The best parts are the obsessive compulsion to berate Pearson, a good man and a popular manager who won many over during his short, but relatively successful tenure. Is this part of the doctrine your ‘camp’ instruct you to ram down the throats of the proper Southampton fans?! Or, is this another of your wildly obscure views?! LMAOWASSO

Back to your outpatients waiting room in the asylum, old bean!

I’m glad my prediction was wrong, along with all my work colleagues. Funnily enough, US SAINTS FANS seem to always be proven wrong when we expect (and predict) a Saints drubbing in our office sweep stake. Maybe we should bet against Saints more often?! LOL

The ‘person’ Sundance is a bigoted, snob idiot who just comes out with poorly written, verbose nonsense, thinly trying to veil himself as an intellectual but failing miserably. Arrogant! Always trying, and often succeeding, to provoke some responses and get some much needed attention. Need a hug Sundance? Your words clearly sound like a cry for help.

Sundance, obviously (like his beloved Lowe), knows next to nothing about football and spits venom when attendances fall and people dismiss and ridicule the axis of idiots he purports to represent. Why is that? Is your share holding threatened and you’re tightly grasped wallet emptier than usual?! LOL The best parts are the obsessive compulsion to berate Pearson, a good man and a popular manager who won many over during his short, but relatively successful tenure. Is this part of the doctrine your ‘camp’ instruct you to ram down the throats of the proper Southampton fans?! Or, is this another of your wildly obscure views?! LMAOWASSO

I’m glad my prediction was wrong, along with all my work colleagues. Funnily enough, US SAINTS FANS seem to always be proven wrong when we expect (and predict) a Saints drubbing in our office sweep stake. Maybe we should bet against Saints more often?! LOL

Gordon we are all haunted by the prospect of mental decay but for you it must already be a more immediate concern as you seem sick as a poor victim of inbreeding. Save your hugs for your mother - its a family tradition afterall.

Best regards nonetheless, we are all gods children, even you.

I not sure what good making predictions about heavy SFC defeats does anyone. One point is better than zero which is all we have been getting with recent performances. I would point out however that the one point did not stop us dropping to fourth from bottom. I am worried that once we hit the bottom three we do not have the resilience to get out and I think that true to previous form Lowe will then hit the panic button.

Just a point here. After living with(and from) Football for the last 12 years,

Lowe probably does now know something about football.I think we should let the "hockey wallah" tag drop now.It's absolutely impossible to work around

the game for so long without picking up at least the basic rudiments.

For the rest....no comment.

Edited by Window Cleaner

intersting way of looking at it.

I wonder how many on here first started going regularly when 16 say, and are now 28 or under, and in that time been to a good number of games. But may well say they know more about football than Lowe.

Yet in that time he would have been to just about every home, away, friendly plus reserves and youth. Training seesion, regular meetings with various managers, agents players etc and was an FA board member.

(not saying he was good at any of these!;)

intersting way of looking at it.

I wonder how many on here first started going regularly when 16 say, and are now 28 or under, and in that time been to a good number of games. But may well say they know more about football than Lowe.

Yet in that time he would have been to just about every home, away, friendly plus reserves and youth. Training seesion, regular meetings with various managers, agents players etc and was an FA board member.

(not saying he was good at any of these!;)

I just find it strange that the old dogma 'if you haven't or don't play football,then you can't possibly know anything about it" is still applied that's all.

I mean you can pick up a basic coaching certificate from a few week-ends courses and a bit of tyro coaching.However after 12 years of talking to some of the worlds finer coaches,many of them having played at the highest possible level,and being around great players,seen some outstanding talent brought on on a day to day basis,it's naturally assumed that you know still nothing about football just because you're a bit of a toff and played hockey.

I stayed away from this forum after the Watford game because I thought the comments would be sadly predictable. Having got round to reading the whole of this thread this morning it's clear I was right with most posters expecting a heavy loss at Sheffield Utd. Well of course that didn't happen. But all this proves is that Saints are completely unpredictable (unlike some posters) and are capable of beating anyone or losing by 3 or 4 goals. Personally, I can't see the point of winding myself up into a frenzy of despair as we build up to a game ("we're going to get spanked 3-0 tonight"). I hope we'll win, realise we might not and then either go and watch or listen to the radio to find out what actually happens. I'm pretty sure that keeps me happier.

We have a young team who will sometimes astonish us by their brilliance and sometimes shock us by their naivity and ineptness. It's still lots more fun than last season.

I stayed away from this forum after the Watford game because I thought the comments would be sadly predictable. Having got round to reading the whole of this thread this morning it's clear I was right with most posters expecting a heavy loss at Sheffield Utd. Well of course that didn't happen. But all this proves is that Saints are completely unpredictable (unlike some posters) and are capable of beating anyone or losing by 3 or 4 goals. Personally, I can't see the point of winding myself up into a frenzy of despair as we build up to a game ("we're going to get spanked 3-0 tonight"). I hope we'll win, realise we might not and then either go and watch or listen to the radio to find out what actually happens. I'm pretty sure that keeps me happier.

We have a young team who will sometimes astonish us by their brilliance and sometimes shock us by their naivity and ineptness. It's still lots more fun than last season.

Obviously the words of a man who has been supporting Saints for a long long time, before the Premiership glory days. Saints have been pretty inconsistent over the years, but what you saw against Watford is nothing, nothing whatsoever ,compared to some of the dire performances we've put in in the past.Take the 8-0 tonking we got off of Everton or even one of last season's

5 goal nightmares.If you miss 2 penalties you're down,way down and sometimes shîte happens.

I don't know if it exists,try to find some old 60's footage, you'll see what "bad" means, and we still won games.