Sheffield United predictions.

bjk

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

My prediction is that I have no intention of going, even though Sheffield is one of the best cities in the UK for beer.

And, frankly, even though I am a season ticket holder and have been for forty years, I don't give a flying f*ck.

They have the sort of side we should have - some experienced players from the Premiership (some VERY experienced such as Gary Speed), some younger players and some astute acquisitions from the lower leagues.

I would therefore expect them to hammer us - however, prediction is Nathan Dyer to come off the bench and score the winner 2-1.

If Saints win will you lot shut the **** up for a week? If so, COYR!

We have a team full of youth and no money to change that situation. The only thing we have is sweat, hope and enthusiasm - sometimes that is enough, sometimes it isn't. One thing is for certain though, if you go thinking you are going to lose, you will.

Get busy living or get busy dying (or **** off and support Pompey).

If Saints win will you lot shut the **** up for a week? If so, COYR!

We have a team full of youth and no money to change that situation. The only thing we have is sweat, hope and enthusiasm - sometimes that is enough, sometimes it isn't. One thing is for certain though, if you go thinking you are going to lose, you will.

Get busy living or get busy dying (or **** off and support Pompey).

Oh dear,

Do you believe everything Rupert says?

No money,yet as mentioned in other threads,we have wasted money bringing in players yet untested.

Also NP seemed to do ok last season without spending loads of money and he shored up our defence by some good loan signings.

Still you believe all the "Total Football" spin if it makes you feel better.

Oh dear,

No money,yet as mentioned in other threads,we have wasted money bringing in players yet untested.

Also NP seemed to do ok last season without spending loads of money and he shored up our defence by some good loan signings.

No I don't, but neither are my expectations unrealistic as yours appear to be. I expected us to struggle this year and we are struggling. Excuse me for not giving up in October though.

The accounts said we were losing money like water and had to chop the wage bill. That leaves you a choice between 2 unproven managers (one of whom has some experience working on a tight budget with youth players, the other who has had a handful of games in charge as a caretaker but little experience of youth). A choice had to be made and Lowe had to make a decision.

In your world "tested" players come to play on youth player wages, but it is just a dream matey. If we still had the players that NP had last season we'd be in administration by now.

Personally I think Schiederlin and Holmes (and Ryan Smith) seem like good players but if you'd rather have some of the journeymen who got us into the position of needing Leicester not to score to stay up then feel free.

i reckon we will come back strong tonight. mind you, chef-eeled will be hurting after getting beat by wednesday so will come out fighting. i predict that we will go in at half time 0-1 to the good, concede directly after half time, battle through to the last ten minutes at 1-1 and then Kelvin will punt one up field in the 92 minute catching their keeper off his line and bagging the three points for the Saints.

;););)

No I don't, but neither are my expectations unrealistic as yours appear to be. I expected us to struggle this year and we are struggling. Excuse me for not giving up in October though.

The accounts said we were losing money like water and had to chop the wage bill. That leaves you a choice between 2 unproven managers (one of whom has some experience working on a tight budget with youth players, the other who has had a handful of games in charge as a caretaker but little experience of youth). A choice had to be made and Lowe had to make a decision.

In your world "tested" players come to play on youth player wages, but it is just a dream matey. If we still had the players that NP had last season we'd be in administration by now.

Personally I think Schiederlin and Holmes (and Ryan Smith) seem like good players but if you'd rather have some of the journeymen who got us into the position of needing Leicester not to score to stay up then feel free.

I'm sorry but Pootvleit has no excuses for the bad perfomances, despite the player cuts he has been able to bring in virtually his own new team.

We had the resources to bring in Paul Wotton, Lee Holmes, Tommy Forecast, Romain Gasmi, Morgan Schneiderlin, Jack Cork, Tomas Pekhart, Jordan Robertson, Ryan smith and Anthony Pulis. That's 10 new players, along with a few kids any decent manager could assemble a team capable of mid table.

I'm sorry but Pootvleit has no excuses for the bad perfomances, despite the player cuts he has been able to bring in virtually his own new team.

We had the resources to bring in Paul Wotton, Lee Holmes, Tommy Forecast, Romain Gasmi, Morgan Schneiderlin, Jack Cork, Tomas Pekhart, Jordan Robertson, Ryan smith and Anthony Pulis. That's 10 new players, along with a few kids any decent manager could assemble a team capable of mid table.

come off it! it is only october, we are only a quarter way through the season with 35 games left to play and we are only 4 points off being in the exact middle of the table! Give the lads a chance at least! things aren't THAT bad.

Post of the week for the ludicrous and deluded stance! Is the fact accepting Saints are so p*ss poor they can’t beat the likes of Blackpool, Watford, Barnsley and Ipswich at home, and have suffered heavy defeats to the mighty Rotherham, QPR and Coventry too much for you to take?! I’d say the comments of everyone are “realistic”, whereas your expectations seem the “unrealistic” and deluded. Have you been watching the games?!

If you even suggest that Lowe has made the best of a bad situation, then you really are in need of a padded bus and lots of cuddles! I feel we would have been ok with Pearson (not doing so bad at Leicester eh?) and no change was needed but we all know the levels of arrogance in the Lowe camp prevent this and he’s back to finish his dirty work. We would not be in administration, but you obviously fell for the spin. I am in no doubt the total lack of respect for the supporters, the media blackout, closing of the corners, the selling of all our best senior players and the point blank refusal to play the remaining pros (whilst even bringing kids in on loan, not experienced pros) in favour of this reserve team experiment conducted by Lowe’s ultimate “YES MAN”, Poortvliet, have all helped the attendances to plummet. That is more likely to send us into admin. Maybe that’s the plan!

I wonder why such ludicrous decisions are being made: playing one striker upfront AND persisting with Mc Goldrick as that sole striker (when he is so clearly a useless forward), loaning out all the strikers able to get goals, using the loan system to bring in injured kids (NOT experienced players fit and ready to play) and rumours rife about who is influencing the manager’s decisions?! Yep, Wilde and Lowe have done a good job yet again! *splutters*

Not content in f*cki’n our club up the first time, both the numb skulls are back to finish us off. My worrying question is, WHY? The decisions are almost so bad, it could be classed as deliberate. Surely no-one in their right mind (maybe bar Rupert Lowe) who understands FOOTBALL (obviously not Lowe) would think these decisions would work, would they?! Even arm chair fans knew this was a disaster waiting to happen. We had no defenders or full backs brought in pre season, goal scorers loaned out, the remaining seniors left in the cold/told they weren’t wanted, and our best 2 players (who may have got us out of this hole) SOLD. Brilliant!! Genius. You reap what you sow.

Still, maybe Lowe and Wilde are after doing a Ken Bates as Rupes was certainly bemused when Saints scored against Sheff Utd last day of the season…“the lucky bar stewards!”

Sheff Utd. 3 v 1 Saints.

Oh dear,

But that's what the revolution is - all spin.

Yes, and there were people on here earlier in the season saying JP would have backed the signings or even checked them out (on video)! Are they still all still his signings?