What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Posted this guy tonnes of times in this thread already, but this is a cut off his new album. He's teamed up with Blacksmith (who I have never heard of) to make more of a collective album than it just being Dan and a guitar. There's a lot of quite atmospheric, downbeat stuff on the album but this is the lead single - pretty catchy and fun.

They'll probably play a few more dates while they are here. It's one of the best things about festival season, there's just loads of gigs everywhere.

I went to EOTR from the beginning but they've priced me out. Tickets for us and a 2 kids aged 6 and 9 cost £540. It's £75 for a 6yo!!! That's nuts. Hence while I'll wait until just before and try to get one cheap off a last minute desperate seller.

We'll go to Green Man again instead, they should have a line up announcement soon.

Wouldn't normally put this here, but as we were talking about it:

http://www.greenman.net/

Looks impressive so far, better than Reading & Leeds which is having a stinker.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

Wouldn't normally put this here, but as we were talking about it:

http://www.greenman.net/

Looks impressive so far, better than Reading & Leeds which is having a stinker.

Goat, Calexico and Hookworms is exciting. St Vincent I know is good but I'm not overly fussed. Hot Chip I can't stand.

Decent start to the line up. I haven't seen Reading & Leeds yet.

Goat, Calexico and Hookworms is exciting. St Vincent I know is good but I'm not overly fussed. Hot Chip I can't stand.

Decent start to the line up. I haven't seen Reading & Leeds yet.

St Vincent are cracking live if you havn't seen them (sorry if you have) - they really were a highlight for me at Glasto last year.

I kinda like Hot Chip... :blush:

http://www.readingfestival.com/line-up

St Vincent are cracking live if you havn't seen them (sorry if you have) - they really were a highlight for me at Glasto last year.

I kinda like Hot Chip... :blush:

http://www.readingfestival.com/line-up

St Vincent played with David Byrne at EOTR last time I was there but I went to watch someone else (possibly Dinosaur Jr)

Hot Chip make smug dance music, and there's no need for that!

Just looked at the Reading line up. Mumford & Sons!!! HAHAHAHA. That's God damn hilarious!!!

Yeah, it's shockingly poor.

Hot Chip are to dance music what Mumford & Sons are to folk. Sorry KRG.

I don't really think of them as Dance Music, it's more inoffensive pop I think. Saw a bit of them at a Festival and they were quite enjoyable, like some of their tracks. Can take or leave them really.

Sleepy Sun - Embrace (been too long since I listened to this)

Tickets booked for Green Man. Sum total of £15 for my kids - the best education they'll get (as long as I keep them away from Hot Chip - a slightly less worse version of Groove Armada) See you at Hookworms/Calexico/Goat/Viet Cong.

Sleepy Sun - Embrace (been too long since I listened to this)

Tickets booked for Green Man. Sum total of £15 for my kids - the best education they'll get (as long as I keep them away from Hot Chip - a slightly less worse version of Groove Armada) See you at Hookworms/Calexico/Goat/Viet Cong.

Nice. I'll be getting our tickets soon. How old are your kids? Ours are 9 & 6. They've been to plenty of festivals but last year's Green Man was their favourite. We did the whole week and it was well worth it. Bands every evening, games for kids to play and the chance to explore the Beacons. There's also a quality pub in the next village whose selection of ales and burgers nearly matches the Rockstone. We'll do the same again this year.

Nice. I'll be getting our tickets soon. How old are your kids? Ours are 9 & 6. They've been to plenty of festivals but last year's Green Man was their favourite. We did the whole week and it was well worth it. Bands every evening, games for kids to play and the chance to explore the Beacons. There's also a quality pub in the next village whose selection of ales and burgers nearly matches the Rockstone. We'll do the same again this year.

4 and 6. It will be their first festival and first camping experience so although tempted by a week thought I'd ease them in with four days. Cheers for the pub heads up.

James McMurtry - Childish Things

4 and 6. It will be their first festival and first camping experience so although tempted by a week thought I'd ease them in with four days. Cheers for the pub heads up.

James McMurtry - Childish Things

There's loads there for kids to do, they could never get bored. Hopefully the Flying Seagulls will be back. They're a charity who spend all summer touring festivals to make enough money to head off to small villages in poor countries and entertain kids there. We've seen them at a few festivals and they are amazing. More than likely you'll spend a good proportion of your days being just as entertained by them as the kids will be.

http://www.theflyingseagullproject.com/