SAD - who here suffers?

Master Bates

I am a sufferer but not sure why as I like the winter.

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, repeatedly, year after year. The US National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up." The condition in the summer is often referred to as Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, and can also include heightened anxiety.

There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapies with bright lights, anti-depression medication, ionized-air reception, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and carefully timed supplementation of the hormone melatonin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods.

I think you have mis-self-diagnosed yourself Bates. Yes Sleeping too much, having little energy and craving sweets and starchy foods are symptons of SAD, but I think they are also common symptons of the 'Stoner' too...

:D

FWIW, I think Saintkipanui has SAD, he hated summer with a passion!

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I hate winter, cold, rain, fog, gales, bare trees, getting up in the dark, and am happiest when March 21st comes round again so that there is more light than dark in the day.

If I could I'd spend spring and summer in the Northern Hemisphere and then spring and summer in the Southern hemisphere, probably NZ.

I like this time of year but it would be better if the evenings were lighter. I like sunny autumn days where you can go out without sweating your ******** off unlike summer! When its wet and windy its not very nice though, but it does keep the chavs off the streets at night!

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, repeatedly, year after year. The US National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up." The condition in the summer is often referred to as Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, and can also include heightened anxiety.

There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapies with bright lights, anti-depression medication, ionized-air reception, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and carefully timed supplementation of the hormone melatonin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

You only suffer because women wear more clothes in winter and there's less tit on display.