Stone Roses reunion 2012

swannymere

Do you think someone is trying to blow the deal, and kick the touts in the nuts. The bad thing about this is that a fan misses out on the tickets AGAIN!!!

Yeah most likely. The winning bid was £620 anyway. Still mental if you ask me. I went for a job interview on Thursday, and I've just noticed that the head of the company has tweeted that he has six tickets to the gig and is looking for people to go with!

You are right with the second part in my opinion, they would be better in a large inoor arena, but I am sure they will play in one. Saw Ian Brown at Somerset house, and it was the first time he covered Stone Roses stuff, and the crowd went nuts, just thinking of that x 100 = Fanbloodytastic!!

The first time Ian Brown played Roses songs were at Esher in July04, a totally mind blowing gig and one of the many times I have seen him live. Check the review out here. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/ian-brown-claremont-landscape-garden-esher-surrey-554778.html

BTW well done on getting tickets, gutted I missed out!

The first time Ian Brown played Roses songs were at Esher in July04, a totally mind blowing gig and one of the many times I have seen him live. Check the review out here. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/ian-brown-claremont-landscape-garden-esher-surrey-554778.html

BTW well done on getting tickets, gutted I missed out!

Yes that is the one...or this is the one ;) do not know where I get somerset house from, this was the gig in Surrey at a national trust place.

Not as much as the Stone Roses and most other "Madchester" stuff. Oooh they are so wacky and mad.

I wouldn't deny that. But Nirvana were always over-rated, even before he died, by a music press desperate for something musically safe and obviously in the "rock n roll" narrative.

• 8 months later...

We went to see them Friday and they smashed it. Those who doubted their sound and Brown's vocals have been left eating humble pie. Apparently they're making a documentry of the come back which will be good viewing when released.

Anyone else go?

We went to see them Friday and they smashed it. Those who doubted their sound and Brown's vocals have been left eating humble pie. Apparently they're making a documentry of the come back which will be good viewing when released.

Anyone else go?

Yeah I did. Apart from The Roses (who were majestic, yeah Ian Brown still can't sing live) it was a f*cking shambles, a disorganised f*ck the paying public shambles. Still Salford Quays & Manchester itself was very nice.

I know youtube isn't a fair reflection of gigs, as much as i love them, it really didn't sound too good imo.

You're right, it's not.

I was there Friday night and they sounded brilliant. The gig was class and some crappy recording on a mobile phone is never in a million years going to capture the sound, atmosphere and buzz of the gig.

Yeah I did. Apart from The Roses (who were majestic, yeah Ian Brown still can't sing live) it was a f*cking shambles, a disorganised f*ck the paying public shambles. Still Salford Quays & Manchester itself was very nice.

Agreed there.

Queued any hour for a beer, literally as I got to the front they closed the bar citing safety reasons. Then everyone just piled over the bar and robbed it instead. Apparently that was the last bar to close, so by 8pm there was nowhere onsite to obtain a beer. Luckily my mate who was the last to get served got as many bottles of wine as he could fit in his pockets so that kept us going... just.

After the gig I expected the public transport to be a shambles and they didn't disappoint. Ended up walking 1.5hrs back into the city centre.

Well worth it though.

No queuing issues for beer last night at the bar next to Gate 1. 10 mins tops...trying to get away from the gig was a mess though... I got in at 1am after an hour walking back towards our part of Manchester before finally hailing a cab. Colleagues of mine were more like 2am having walked all the way back to the city centre via Cheetham Hill Road. Woefully inadequate infrastructure for 75k people.

You're right, it's not.

I was there Friday night and they sounded brilliant. The gig was class and some crappy recording on a mobile phone is never in a million years going to capture the sound, atmosphere and buzz of the gig.

I think it was streamed with a delay on YouTube Friday evening.

They were class though and so were the support acts.

No queuing issues for beer last night at the bar next to Gate 1. 10 mins tops...trying to get away from the gig was a mess though... I got in at 1am after an hour walking back towards our part of Manchester before finally hailing a cab. Colleagues of mine were more like 2am having walked all the way back to the city centre via Cheetham Hill Road. Woefully inadequate infrastructure for 75k people.

We paid for the shuttle bus Friday night but still didn't get back to our hotel until 1ish. The bars weren't set up to cope with the number of people there, luckily we sneaked some vodka in.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw them at Optimus Alive festival in Lisbon last friday, and got pretty near the front. All the criticism of Ian Brown's singing has been justified IMO, as he was quite badly out of key at times, but the crowd were drowning him out most of the time anyway and you could see how much he loved engaging with the crowd. He even had a go at rapping at one point while the other guys were jamming at the end of a song, and sounded great.

Overall though, I thought they absolutely smashed it and it was probably the best festival headline set I've ever seen. Even Radiohead, who headlined the sunday night and were brilliant, didn't come close.