Dutch-Turkish RB up for grabs

Saint Martini

If he's any good how come his contract has been cancelled?

He was an integral part of the NEC side that got European football out of the blue last season but left at the end of the season for Turkey. He was signed by the TD and because of a little power struggle at the club the trainer did not want to play him (or maybe he wasn't good enough, I don't know). Anyway, he then asked if they could terminate his contract (which I think is a good sign) and he's available for free now. Again, I don't know the whole story about Turkey but I do know the story in Holland. A talented rightback that NEC would have liked to keep. Much better then the last RB we signed from Holland, that I can guarantee you.

Why on earth we did not try to sign Wayne Brown on loan from Hull (just gone to Preston for a month) to play at CB and enable Cork to play at right back I will never know. I've been saying for over a month now that he was available. I guess perhaps wages were a problem.

Why on earth we did not try to sign Wayne Brown on loan from Hull (just gone to Preston for a month) to play at CB and enable Cork to play at right back I will never know. I've been saying for over a month now that he was available. I guess perhaps wages were a problem.

Probably right about wages but the Preston manager will have a better knowledge/understanding of players in this country/league than Jan or Woopert do.

Pearson used his knowledge to get Perry/Lucketti last season. Two experienced pro's who i doubt cost alot. I expect Saints will announce another midfielder on loan soon like the Millwall reserve Smith,

"one we can get"

do we know:

whether he's better than what we have - I haven't seen Cork at RB but definately a lot better then James.

whether he'd want to live in southampton, or england for that matter - He said in interviews he's willing to go back to Holland or abroad.

whether he's willing to play in the CCC - Don't know, but in general Dutch PL players that do not come from the top teams are more then willing to play in the better paying CCC

whether he's willing to fight relegation in the CCC - On a short term contract I'd say yes. He can always go back to Holland if he wants to, he's still got a good reputation there. If he wants to make it abroad a contract with Saints is something he might just go for.

whether he's willing to accept very small wages - Small for the CCC, not small for the Dutch league. Just look at JP, he bought out his own contract to sign a very small one for CCC standards.

whether JP or our scouts rate him - I dunno, he's rated in Holland, but he had a contract until recently so I doubt if he was even in the sights of our scouts. JP will definately know him though.

?

I hope this answers your questions.

If he's any good how come his contract has been cancelled?

And yet no-one has questioned why his contract was canceled.

I'm guessing it wasn't because he was too good :(

Did you read the rest of the topic? The question was asked and answered. It was cancelled because he asked for it to be cancelled.

Any Turkish saints about?

Contacted a few of my freinds in Hornsey and Crouch End where I used to work....Firstly The Turkish Delight is a cocolate bar in case you were going to tell me off.

Secondly I got the following comments from Three Arsenal supporters..

He is Rubbish and injured.

Not good enough but on second thoughts he would get in your side at the moment because your coach saw him play once.

Saints..wot no money and how you bringing on our French boy.....Spiderman.

Contacted a few of my freinds in Hornsey and Crouch End where I used to work....Firstly The Turkish Delight is a cocolate bar in case you were going to tell me off.

Secondly I got the following comments from Three Arsenal supporters..

He is Rubbish and injured.

Not good enough but on second thoughts he would get in your side at the moment because your coach saw him play once.

Saints..wot no money and how you bringing on our French boy.....Spiderman.

Well it wasn't for that that I asked.

I thought I might inform my esteemed readers that Turkey is a crap hole

and I could see anyone wanting to leave the place without much reason;

However if there are any Turkish Saints about- forget I mentioned it.

We should definitely sign him.

How long until he is fit, is it 6 or 9 more months?

WSS

I still picture you on the sands at Super Mare watching the donkies and looking at that burnt out pier.

Then I remember you moved back to Southampton and St Marys to watch another set of Donkies... What is it with you and Donkies?

I suppose there is a lot of similarities in the speed of the two sets. Or is it Herds?

I am off to The Donkey Sanctuary down here by Sidmouth..I will see if I can get some of our team in exchange for some FIT loans from the stables..

Lets hope we win tonight..please. sorry might be donkeys

Edited by ottery st mary

WSS

I still picture you on the sands at Super Mare watching the donkies and looking at that burnt out pier.

Then I remember you moved back to Southampton and St Marys to watch another set of Donkies... What is it with you and Donkies?

I suppose there is a lot of similarities in the speed of the two sets. Or is it Herds?

I am off to The Donkey Sanctuary down here by Sidmouth..I will see if I can get some of our team in exchange for some FIT loans from the stables..

Lets hope we win tonight..please.

Is the Honiton pottery still there OSM?

Wife broke a pie dish the other day and we're one short of a full set now.

Muslu Nalbantoglu's contract with Kayserispor has been cancelled so he's now a free agent. If we need a proper RB then here's one we can get for free and he's probably not that expensive.

If it had read Dutch-Turkish Centre Forward up for grabs, then I might have said there was a chance of getting him in!!!!!!!!!

We don't go for full backs for some reason!!!!!!!!!

Is the Honiton pottery still there OSM?

Wife broke a pie dish the other day and we're one short of a full set now.

One in the High Street up by the Antique shops and a good one just outside Ottery in Wiggatton on road to Sidmouth.

Saints related due to the endeavours of Ottery to get the Potters to do some cheap Saints mugs....

They keep telling me to wait for the end of the season and the megastore is giving them away.

Let me know what you need and I will sort it out for you and deliver as I may get a game at St Marys on loan..particularly as I am injured at the mo.

If it had read Dutch-Turkish Centre Forward up for grabs, then I might have said there was a chance of getting him in!!!!!!!!!

We don't go for full backs for some reason!!!!!!!!!

Let me check. I think Ugur Yildrim is available. He even made it to the Dutch national team (although he's more of a right attacker then a striker).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U%C4%9Fur_Y%C4%B1ld%C4%B1r%C4%B1m

Turns out he is available. Could someone give JP a call (or maybe Rupes, dunno who's in charge of transfers). We could do with some decent crosses from the right!

One in the High Street up by the Antique shops and a good one just outside Ottery in Wiggatton on road to Sidmouth.

Saints related due to the endeavours of Ottery to get the Potters to do some cheap Saints mugs....

They keep telling me to wait for the end of the season and the megastore is giving them away.

Let me know what you need and I will sort it out for you and deliver as I may get a game at St Marys on loan..particularly as I am injured at the mo.

I'll do that, the one I mean was towards the Dorset end of the High Street,

but it goes back years and years now.

I'll see if I can contact them to see if they still make the same model .

I've some UK cash I can send you to get it for me and pay the postage.

Thanks, will be in touch .