Hats off to the EDL

dune

Their underlying message doesn't have validity though. The idea that Muslims coming to the UK somehow threatens the English identity and way of life is bull****. They aren't making you do anything, and they certainly aren't imposing our law on us, and there is certainly no way that Sharia Law will EVER be put in place in this country above our law, as the EDL sometimes like to stir.
Doubt you'd be saying that if you'd grown up in Luton, East London, Bradford etc.

Oh please... I drink beer just like anyone else. It's hardly the point.

I know their types, I've met plenty of the left wing variety on Protests I've been on. Everything to say, and understanding of nothing. There basically just for some 'action'.

You must have a well paying paper round to have done everything you claim to have done.

BTW panda shandy doesn't count as beer.

I embrace different cultures. We need to stop fighting because people have different colour skins or observe different religions already. It's archaic.

It's a lovely naive little bubble you live in son. When you grow up you'll realise the world isn't how your teachers tell you it should be.

I embrace different cultures. We need to stop fighting because people have different colour skins or observe different religions already. It's archaic.
Oh and I take it on that basis, we'll soon see a thread from you informing us all that you've moved to Bury Park? Or do you actually just mean you're looking forward to your gap year travelling around the world?

Oh and I take it on that basis, we'll soon see a thread from you informing us all that you've moved to Bury Park? Or do you actually just mean you're looking forward to your gap year travelling around the world?

I expect he's already done the world thing. Several times. I have a little feeling that one day he could even surpass the achievements of Verbal.

Edited by dune

It doesn't bother me. I'm hoping to go to uni in London next year(already have an offer from Kings :), still waiting on other unis ), so living in a cultural melting pot hardly bothers me...

It's a lovely naive little bubble you live in son. When you grow up you'll realise the world isn't how your teachers tell you it should be.

I know the world isn't like that, I'm just saying that what colour your skin is or where you were born doesn't matter whatsoever. We are all humans on this tiny planet and are bloody insignificant.

It doesn't bother me. I'm hoping to go to uni in London next year(already have an offer from Kings :), still waiting on other unis ), so living in a cultural melting pot hardly bothers me...

please please please let us know what uni you go to, and do not accept the facilities of halls of residence in cushty surroundings living with other equally well off home counties students rejoicing in their new "urban" environment living with "a melting pot of cultures", break away from all that and ask us for some advice, i'll start off by suggesting East Ham as a lovely spot to aim for, this place is such a melting pot it is overflowing with non English culture, you'll love it.

please please please let us know what uni you go to, and do not accept the facilities of halls of residence in cushty surroundings living with other equally well off home counties students rejoicing in their new "urban" environment living with "a melting pot of cultures", break away from all that and ask us for some advice, i'll start off by suggesting East Ham as a lovely spot to aim for, this place is such a melting pot it is overflowing with non English culture, you'll love it.

Sounds great! Jeeze, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it. :badger:

The point is though wherever I go will probably end up being where I am for the next 20 years due to the nature of my course... and there won't be halls of residence after the first year.

Anyways, the point is, I really don't care if my next door neighbours are black, because let's be honest, that is what some of you are getting at here.

Sounds great! Jeeze, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it. :badger:

The point is though wherever I go will probably end up being where I am for the next 20 years due to the nature of my course... and there won't be halls of residence after the first year.

Anyways, the point is, I really don't care if my next door neighbours are black, because let's be honest, that is what some of you are getting at here.

No it's not. You come across as a really naive kid on these threads mate. I can tell you're full of the best of intentions, but you don't have a clue about the outside world, makes it a bit pointless trying to debate anything. Kings is a great Uni, enjoy.

No it's not. You come across as a really naive kid on these threads mate. I can tell you're full of the best of intentions, but you don't have a clue about the outside world, makes it a bit pointless trying to debate anything. Kings is a great Uni, enjoy.

I think there's naive and then there's having a different opinion. It really does not bother me if there is a wide variety of prominent cultures within an area. As long as they are all treated equally and with respect, there is no problem in my eyes. The problem is when people take issue with others due to lack of understanding and just general ignorance.

And cheers for the good luck, though I might not go there depends on what comes through on the other 4 applcations.

Speak for yourself.

Just out of interest, not a combative post! Why do you think we are significant? The universe is infinite and we can therefore assume, there is infinite life out there. We are alive for about 80 years, the universes life span is infinite. We are tiny, nothing and there was a hell of a lot of time before us when no-one knew who we were and there will be a hell of a lot of time after us when nobody remembers us and eventually when no-one is around to remember us.

Also, I am the first to admit I am younger than others and so lack experience in many areas. But, I thought this was a debate forum...

i think the point that sour mash was trying to make to you, is that from the limited life experiences and cultural awareness it may be difficult for you to understand the thoughts and actions of people who grow up as poor white kids surrounded in predominant immigrant areas, where you feel like a minority in the area where your parents and grandparents had always lived, where every buthers / take away is Halal meat, where your children struggle in a class when a few percent have English as their first language, where street names have urdu translations, and it is constantly rammed down your throat that you must be happy because there is nothing better than a diverse melting pot., by wishy washy liberals who would never dream of living in such areas themselves.

i think the point that sour mash was trying to make to you, is that from the limited life experiences and cultural awareness it may be difficult for you to understand the thoughts and actions of people who grow up as poor white kids surrounded in predominant immigrant areas, where you feel like a minority in the area where your parents and grandparents had always lived, where every buthers / take away is Halal meat, where your children struggle in a class when a few percent have English as their first language, where street names have urdu translations, and it is constantly rammed down your throat that you must be happy because there is nothing better than a diverse melting pot., by wishy washy liberals who would never dream of living in such areas themselves.

hit_nail_on_head.jpg

Doubt you'd be saying that if you'd grown up in Luton, East London, Bradford etc.

Spot on. Funnily enough the people that have problems with the EDL are people that have grown up/live in white middle class areas and don't ever have to deal with the fallout of 'multicultural Britain.'

good on you and i would not take any notice from the so called forum experts,i,ve heard it all before and seen facist in action when i lived in dagenham near their nf/bnp barking headquarters .and then history shows the so called patriots from moselys blackshirts who were run out of the east end from the real working class and the modern day blackshirts thugs the nf,bnp,edl types preach to their gulliblefollowers.i like the way these people belittle eastham,bradford birmingham ,luton etc,it used to be tottenham,brixton ,notting hill because of british people of colour which use to be scapegoats.yes there are some extreme muslims ,the edls best proganda tool but they are a small minority and the vast majority of muslims hate the extremists.

i,ve always found people to be decent but then again i don,t live in a blinkered 1950s type of england view,

good on you and i would not take any notice from the so called forum experts,i,ve heard it all before and seen facist in action when i lived in dagenham near their nf/bnp barking headquarters .and then history shows the so called patriots from moselys blackshirts who were run out of the east end from the real working class and the modern day blackshirts thugs the nf,bnp,edl types preach to their gulliblefollowers.i like the way these people belittle eastham,bradford birmingham ,luton etc,it used to be tottenham,brixton ,notting hill because of british people of colour which use to be scapegoats.yes there are some extreme muslims ,the edls best proganda tool but they are a small minority and the vast majority of muslims hate the extremists.

i,ve always found people to be decent but then again i don,t live in a blinkered 1950s type of england view,

well done, you lived in Dagenham once but now live "on the sunny south coast", would you want your children to go to school in East Ham?

Superb post.

would not bother me but i think it says alot about you and your views with this small minded post. .

where did you grow up? were you an ethnic minority in your school? i was, white british made up about 10% of the school population, you see things very differently when you have lived through them, rather than have had a few years living in those areas, you have probably moved to a comfy area but feel you can lecture others on what they have to put up with.

Well said.

There is a kind of lazy racism implicit in the ‘who would live in Luton, East London…’ view, in that it really is ignorant of what it’s actually like to live in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods.

I’d lived in predominantly Asian areas for many years, and the best way to describe it is that it’s a bit like discovering an old, and long-extinct England. Those qualities you traditionally associate with this – such as public civility, commitment to family life, the generous welcome offered to strangers – are all present in Asian communities. Anyone who’s spent serious time within the community would understand perfectly the cave scene in EM Forster’s Passage to India: nothing is too much trouble, and sometimes it’s overwhelming.

By contrast, in far too many white working class estates, the despair of chronic and often wilful unemployment, combined with drug-driven violence and family breakdown are more the norm. And in white middle class ‘communities’, such as one I lived in until recently, the nastiness is competitive, ruthless, selfish and cynical.

If the EDL were truly about the rediscovery of qualities of Englishness, they would embrace Asian communities. But of course that’s all a smokescreen. They’re just scumbag racists hoping that they can hide beneath the festering sticking plaster that says they’re ‘defending’ something worthwhile.

Spot on. Funnily enough the people that have problems with the EDL are people that have grown up/live in white middle class areas and don't ever have to deal with the fallout of 'multicultural Britain.'

I live in an area that has so far escaped being inflicted with mass multiculturalism. I think you will find that people who live in such areas are more sympathetic to the EDL because we have seen what has happened elsewhere and don't want it to happen where we live.

I live in an area that has so far escaped being inflicted with mass multiculturalism. I think you will find that people who live in such areas are more sympathetic to the EDL because we read in the daily mail what has happened elsewhere and don't want it to happen where we live.

Corrected it for you...

Well said.

There is a kind of lazy racism implicit in the ‘who would live in Luton, East London…’ view, in that it really is ignorant of what it’s actually like to live in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods.

I’d lived in predominantly Asian areas for many years, and the best way to describe it is that it’s a bit like discovering an old, and long-extinct England. Those qualities you traditionally associate with this – such as public civility, commitment to family life, the generous welcome offered to strangers – are all present in Asian communities. Anyone who’s spent serious time within the community would understand perfectly the cave scene in EM Forster’s Passage to India: nothing is too much trouble, and sometimes it’s overwhelming.

By contrast, in far too many white working class estates, the despair of chronic and often wilful unemployment, combined with drug-driven violence and family breakdown are more the norm. And in white middle class ‘communities’, such as one I lived in until recently, the nastiness is competitive, ruthless, selfish and cynical.

If the EDL were truly about the rediscovery of qualities of Englishness, they would embrace Asian communities. But of course that’s all a smokescreen. They’re just scumbag racists hoping that they can hide beneath the festering sticking plaster that says they’re ‘defending’ something worthwhile.

If you seriously think that is the case then you are more blinkered than you claim EDL supporters are. If you think these ethnic communities are peaceful and welcoming, then you are far wide of the mark. I'm going to hazard a guess that you haven't had a true experience of these multicultural areas. It's fantastic to walk down a highstreet and feel the odd one out in your own area, it's fantastic to feel threatened by groups of Asians and blacks in your area too. Living in Croydon I can assure you is far from rosy, and the majority of knife crime and gang related crime, funnily enough is coming from the non-white community.

Well said.

Excellent post. My local Halal butchers are always very welcoming and hospitable when I nip in for my weekly order of pork chops.

where did you grow up? were you an ethnic minority in your school? i was, white british made up about 10% of the school population, you see things very differently when you have lived through them, rather than have had a few years living in those areas, you have probably moved to a comfy area but feel you can lecture others on what they have to put up with.
oh dear seems like you carried a chip on your shoulder for all those years then and no i loved dagenham which was rough and ready and no comfy area made up of white,black,asian born ENGLISH kids but i suppose i did not have blond hair.

Well said.

spot on post but you know those thick racist losers will carry on justifying their warped facist logic of losers because of a few bad apples in every society .

Corrected it for you...

Not at all. We can see what has happened in Leicester. I know people who lived there and moved out because of it. You go into areas just outside the city and you'll find mainly white areas and strong BNP support.

Not at all. We can see what has happened in Leicester. I know people who lived there and moved out because of it. You go into areas just outside the city and you'll find mainly white areas and strong BNP support.

So how much personal experience have you had of multicultural area's then or is all your information second or third hand?

If you seriously think that is the case then you are more blinkered than you claim EDL supporters are. If you think these ethnic communities are peaceful and welcoming, then you are far wide of the mark. I'm going to hazard a guess that you haven't had a true experience of these multicultural areas. It's fantastic to walk down a highstreet and feel the odd one out in your own area, it's fantastic to feel threatened by groups of Asians and blacks in your area too. Living in Croydon I can assure you is far from rosy, and the majority of knife crime and gang related crime, funnily enough is coming from the non-white community.
my you are a victim i suppose a asian guy in a white area must feel the same way has you scared witless.

Brown faces REALLY goose you, don't they - the sight of an Asian evidently makes your superior white skin crawl. The wonder is not how you live with ethnic minorities, but how you live with yourself. It must be a nightmare.

oh yes i think leicester sacked sven and i believe pearson exsaints manager is lined up mein fuhrer Edited by solentstars

oh dear seems like you carried a chip on your shoulder for all those years then and no i loved dagenham which was rough and ready and no comfy area made up of white,black,asian born ENGLISH kids but i suppose i did not have blond hair.

So basically you moved up to London and had a few years living the "urban" dream and telling all your friends back home about how great the ethnic diversity was, but you didn't actual settle and put down roots there. Funny that. You don't need blond hair to be a minority in your own town. This country has let a lot of kids in this country down. You should have tried living in Tottenham for a bit, can't beat lunchtime entertainment at school of kurds kicking off with the turks and a stabbing.

Brown faces REALLY goose you, don't they - the sight of an Asian evidently makes your superior white skin crawl. The wonder is not how you live with ethnic minorities, but how you live with yourself. It must be a nightmare.

If you're going to start throwing accusations of racism around, then you are a complete and utter c*nt.

Any form of racism is dumb but I can understand people getting p!ssed off when they see their way of life being eroded, local services over stretched and lack of jobs due to immigration.

I lived in a very diverse area of London for 5 years (Totteham, Wood Green, Enfield areas), my lasting impression was that the ethnic minority areas were crime ridden, the local whites very racist.

When we were in the JPT final me and mate went out in London and missed the last tube train back to the hotel near Wembley so had to catch a bus. It took forever and I needed a slash so we had to get off about a mile from Wembley. Now Wembley seems a dangerous area to me, but where we got off instantly seemed very dangerous. It was only after that I discovered it was until recently the murder capital of England.