Are we better off than when Crouch was here?

Channon's Sideburns

Morph

Any new information to suggest a brighter future for SFC?

Andrew

Only that Crouch and Salz and his friends are looking to buy out the 2 amigos and take us forward.

No white knight on the horizon though.

Just what I've heard.

May be wrong, maybe right. I think right

Regards

Morph

Only that Crouch and Salz and his friends are looking to buy out the 2 amigos and take us forward.

Just what I've heard.

Regards

Morph

why are Crouch and Salz not white knights? Is Salz and friends not got enough money and know how to turn it around.

How long before they act?

Regards

Andrew

Just what I've heard.

Regards

Morph

PS : Follow Long Shot and Weston Saint, because they cover all the angles.

Unfortunately I'm aware of the strategy of only one of the parties, hence why i've been caught out on more than a few occasions.

The bigger picture and all that.

Regards

Morph

Unfortunately I'm aware of the strategy of only one of the parties, hence why i've been caught out on more than a few occasions.

Regards

Morph

It is looking increasingly unlikely Long Shot and Morph!
??????

Regards

Morph

Following LS and WS can induce a certain amount of whiplash. LS thinks 'something' is going to happen. Weston doesn't.

I feel like I'm trapped in an episode of Get Smart, where the agents talk to each other in ever more impenetrable code, until it's utter gibberish.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.forum.topic.bythread.php?id_t=80006&piece=topic80006&id_categ=37

posted by patred

'Harry' Basset on Talksport tonight confirmed what most of us suspected.

Rupert Lowe does interfere in team affairs.

He was answering questions on relegation, in place of regular Stan Collymore.

When one phone-in fan asked about Southamptons chance of avoiding further relegation here is some of his comments.

Souhampton are very niave at the back, very exciting, very inexperienced.

But watching them all the other managers must be rubbing their hands together to play them.

Their manager seems to be niave as well, he hasn't come to terms with english football yet. To many youngsters all at the same time.

I know their chairman Rupert Lowe claim its cost cutting, but having experienced some time there with Harry Redknapp. I know he was always wanting us to play the young players.

Every week Harrys selection was picked over, every week Rupert Lowe insisted he included more youngsters, every week Harry resisted.

Whilst Harry and I were in charge that was not a problem however annoying it was. Then Rupert got two of his buddies involved, one from a non league club, one from another sport.

This was the end of Harry he walked as soon as an offer came in. I stayed for a while but could see how the wind was blowing.

Several ex Saints managers warned me not apply for Harrys job, because Rupert had always interfered in their job on the same lines.

In the end I was not offered the job, probably Rupert knew I would ignore his orders.

Pretty damning IMO

I think that deserves a thread of its own.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.forum.topic.bythread.php?id_t=80006&piece=topic80006&id_categ=37

posted by patred

'Harry' Basset on Talksport tonight confirmed what most of us suspected.

Rupert Lowe does interfere in team affairs.

He was answering questions on relegation, in place of regular Stan Collymore.

When one phone-in fan asked about Southamptons chance of avoiding further relegation here is some of his comments.

Souhampton are very niave at the back, very exciting, very inexperienced.

But watching them all the other managers must be rubbing their hands together to play them.

Their manager seems to be niave as well, he hasn't come to terms with english football yet. To many youngsters all at the same time.

I know their chairman Rupert Lowe claim its cost cutting, but having experienced some time there with Harry Redknapp. I know he was always wanting us to play the young players.

Every week Harrys selection was picked over, every week Rupert Lowe insisted he included more youngsters, every week Harry resisted.

Whilst Harry and I were in charge that was not a problem however annoying it was. Then Rupert got two of his buddies involved, one from a non league club, one from another sport.

This was the end of Harry he walked as soon as an offer came in. I stayed for a while but could see how the wind was blowing.

Several ex Saints managers warned me not apply for Harrys job, because Rupert had always interfered in their job on the same lines.

In the end I was not offered the job, probably Rupert knew I would ignore his orders.

Pretty damning IMO

Cue,

"he's got an axe to grind"

"he's a dinosaur"

"of course the chairman should take an interest"

"Strachan said he wanted to have a civil partnership with Rupert in his autobiography"

"Delgado was quite good"

"If Rupert had been chancellor there'd be no credit crunch"...

ad nauseum.

Regards

Morph

It is looking increasingly unlikely Long Shot and Morph!

??????

It's ok, I've worked it out....

everdecreasing1.jpg

Weston Saint..........Long Shot..........Morph

Um this would mean writing off a seriously large chunk of money...would YOU be prepared to do that?

As much as I dislike the man, I cannot see anyone doing this...Call it waiting for the last throw of the dice or spin of the wheel...Lowe has nothing to lose.

Two trains of thought.

First one is as you say, if I'm going down then I'll fight to the bitter end and only concede defeat when Administration is enforced upon me. I will only lose my money when Administration is actually upon us.

The second one could be that if a major creditor was saying 'Accept the money and move aside, or I'll put you in Administration', then there really is no alternatve and you will lose your money your money either way.

Of course, there is a choice, but I worry that out of malice, pride or spite, Lowe & co may go for the first.