Comeback Kings?

Sheff Saint

Couldn't find the answer anywhere to this, apologies if i've missed it.

Before the weekend, when was the last time we were 2-0 down away from home and won?

I know we went from 1994 (3-1 v Coventry) to 2006 (3-2 v Burnley) until we won after conceeding first away from home.

Also, when was the last time we came from 2-0 down in any game to win?

In the 90's at the Dell i think we beat Chelsea 3-2 but were we 2-0 down?

We came back from 2 - 0 down to win 3-2 against blackburn, when were looking to move to St Mary's

I remember it well , I took a number 20/30 members of the local St Mary's asian community to the game as part of a pr exercise. There was a perception that saints fans were a bunch of hoolies and would terrify the local

population if we moved there.

They thouroughly enjoyed the game and were cheering saints on as loudly as I was by the end of the game. They enjoyed their day out , curtesey of the club and dare I say it Mr Lowe

That'll be when Mark Hughes scored a rare but crucial goal. The 'Great Escape' season! Great games at the end, great games.

The 5-4 Norwich game, i think we we're 1-0 down but came back to 1-1 before falling 3-1 behind, so i suppose we did come from two down, but didn't concede the first two.

Last time we won when 2-0 down in any game was against Fulham in October 2002 when we won 4-2 (Beattie hat-trick + Ormerod).

Last time we won when 2-0 down away from home, I think, was the epic 5-4 win at Norwich in April 1994!

Norwich is correct Steve.

We came back from 2 - 0 down to win 3-2 against blackburn, when were looking to move to St Mary's

I remember it well , I took a number 20/30 members of the local St Mary's asian community to the game as part of a pr exercise. There was a perception that saints fans were a bunch of hoolies and would terrify the local

population if we moved there.

They thouroughly enjoyed the game and were cheering saints on as loudly as I was by the end of the game. They enjoyed their day out , curtesey of the club and dare I say it Mr Lowe

I have to say you don't see too many from the local asian community at games at SMS. Perhaps this is an avenue that should be explored again?

That'll be when Mark Hughes scored a rare but crucial goal. The 'Great Escape' season! Great games at the end, great games.

The 5-4 Norwich game, i think we we're 1-0 down but came back to 1-1 before falling 3-1 behind, so i suppose we did come from two down, but didn't concede the first two.

I don't remember a 3-2 comeback but the game you're talking about was one that finished 3-3. We were 1-0 and 3-1 down but didn't win, so i guess that's pretty irrelevant

Weren't we 3-0 down at home to Liverpool once at the Dell and came back to draw?

If your going that far back, how about Coventry game when we were 4 v 2 down, came back to go 5 v 4 ahead only for Mark Hatley i believe, to make it 5 V 5.

Also recall being 3 v 0 down at half time against Ipswich, then we went on to win 4 v 3. That was in the Channon era.

The Coventry game in the mid to late eighties was the last away '0-2 then victory' I can remember. We hadn't won there for about 35 years at the time, either.

The Ipswich home game early in 81/82 was 1-3 at half-time and finished 4-3 after perhaps one of the best halves of football I've seen from a Saints side. Dave Armstrong got two if I remember correctly.

Tottenham H 1978-79 season 3-0 up at half time,drew 3-3 aand Tottenham hit the post near the end too!

remember that one. Not too dissimilar to last Saturday. we were rather lucky to be 3 up, having had 2 pens as I recall , and the game being played in bad conditions I think.

Hmmmm, Kevin Gibbens; now playing for the mighty VTFC in the Wessex League..

i knew him when i was a teenager and when he was playing for saints..

the club had high hopes for him and he did get a place in the team for a few matches...but it all went to his head and he ****ed all his money (and opportunities) up the wall..

shame..

i knew him when i was a teenager and when he was playing for saints..

the club had high hopes for him and he did get a place in the team for a few matches...but it all went to his head and he ****ed all his money (and opportunities) up the wall..

shame..

I think the Tranmere game might well have been his last appearance for Saints.

I remember seeing him in such dives as Jumpin' Jaks on a Friday night quite often, which sums it up I spose.