Proud and Prejudice

Turkish

I do not live in a little white middle class town.

And at schools these days(last 10 years), they push teaching about other cultures a lot and make you experience them. My primary school a few years ago actually won an award for the way it was coping with students with English not as their first language.

I have obviously, having only lived in the UK, experienced British culture, which for me is all about hybridity and as Mikey quite nicely pointed out, tonnes of influences from all over the world. Most people have only experienced to a large degree, one way of living because they have only lived in one country or area.

I have been wasted on every continent (bar the americas) and sample the local whores....

I am very cultured

I don't think anyone is being held to ransom. The clubs have the ultimate say in whether they sign someone or cave in to contract demands. Most clubs do, but not all. Look at what Blackpool did last season. As a new entrant to the Premier League, they would have been a prime target for avaricious agents. Yet they relented, got relegated, but have a crap-load more cash than they did before, plus a couple of parachute payments to prop up future promotion charges.

They played an absolute blinder in terms of their long term financial health, so I think you could argue that clubs aren't held to ransom. Most of them are just stupid enough to pay it.

So its not players wages then that have brought many football club's to their knees. Do you think that Wayne Rooney had United to ransom or John Terry Chelsea to give two high profile examples.

I do not live in a little white middle class town.

And at schools these days(last 10 years), they push teaching about other cultures a lot and make you experience them. My primary school a few years ago actually won an award for the way it was coping with students with English not as their first language.

I have obviously, having only lived in the UK, experienced British culture, which for me is all about hybridity and as Mikey quite nicely pointed out, tonnes of influences from all over the world. Most people have only experienced to a large degree, one way of living because they have only lived in one country or area.

Should we be dishing out awards for "coping" with students? Not really encouraging equality is it? I suppose that's what goes on in these little white middle class towns though.

Should we be dishing out awards for "coping" with students? Not really encouraging equality is it? I suppose that's what goes on in these little white middle class towns though.

Brilliant, pick out one word rather than answer the post.

But it was a badly used word. Let's say how well it helped the students integrate into the school.

How is this relevant again?

Are you a Sotonian, Turkish? Just curious, like.

Brilliant, pick out one word rather than answer the post.

But it was a badly used word. Let's say how well it helped the students integrate into the school.

How is this relevant again?

It was you that started banging on about how great it is that you are letting these foreigns integrate into your little white middle class town.

I know, several thousand more posts than me and in less time! Ah well, can't beat a good bit of hypocrisy.

I guess it must be all that time you spend integrating the Romanians into your little white middleclass town.

My 8,000th is looming, i'm going to make it a good one. Just for you xxx

Funny how often Turkish refers to 'internet mong boards' but he seems to be the mongiest of all the mongs. King Mong.

To be fair to the bloke, I think he has the courage of his convictions. He sees these places as somewhere you can drop onto, take the p*ss a bit - and that's fair enough. But there's a fine line between the deft put down and the endless tedium which seems targeted at one or two posters.

He could learn a lot from Jonnyboy. Just sayin'.

So are you saying that someone like Andy666 who lives in a little village dont have a wide experience of other people and culture?

No, that's not what i'm saying. Andy doesn't live in a little village, the place where he lives has a population at least 10x the population of where I grew up.

But surely if you grew up in St Marys you would come into contact with other cultures more regularly than somebody who grew up in a hamlet? You can learn directly through the people you mix with. All of my friends growing up were as white and middle-class as I am (unashamedly - that's who I am in the eyes of society), and that was as a result of my environment. Had I lived and gone to school in St Marys I would have almost certainly had more friends from wider ethnic backgrounds as population in that area is more ethnically diverse, therefore I would've come into contact more regularly with those from other cultures and would know more about those cultures through direct contact.

Obviously i'm not saying that is indicative of all people that live in culturally diverse areas, but i'm sure somebody will make that point...

To be fair to the bloke, I think he has the courage of his convictions. He sees these places as somewhere you can drop onto, take the p*ss a bit - and that's fair enough. But there's a fine line between the deft put down and the endless tedium which seems targeted at one or two posters.

Jonnyboy is the best poster on here in terms of taking the p!ss appropriately and effectively. Never fails to make me chuckle when I see one of his witty posts.

Im not popular on here, so clearly not Mikey. :rolleyes:

Does that hurt you inside Turkish? Constantly seeking the approval of strangers on an 'internet mong board' but finding nothing but contempt?

It's probably because some people like to have a conversation about current events, football, music, cricket...whatever, but you trying to validate your sad little existence will ruin threads constantly for people. I know it's not important, it's only an internet message board, but some people like it and find it good to come on here and post their thoughts on a topic at the end of a day at work. You seem to be on here 24/7 though with your bizarre grudges against people who dare to speak up against the Mighty Turkish.

I hope you enjoyed the attention that post gave you, and i'm sure you'll have a nice witty retort. I look forward to reading it babe

Saintandy is infinitely more tedious than Turkish who makes interesting replies when he wants to.

And how does that help exactly?

You keep telling us that Andy is inexperienced and not entitled to an opinion, and yet you are decrying him on an "Internet mong board" ( to use the Turkish parlance ) in the manner of a primary school student.

"I don't like him. I like him instead"

Jonnyboy is the best poster on here in terms of taking the p!ss appropriately and effectively. Never fails to make me chuckle when I see one of his witty posts.

Does that hurt you inside Turkish? Constantly seeking the approval of strangers on an 'internet mong board' but finding nothing but contempt?

It's probably because some people like to have a conversation about current events, football, music, cricket...whatever, but you trying to validate your sad little existence will ruin threads constantly for people. I know it's not important, it's only an internet message board, but some people like it and find it good to come on here and post their thoughts on a topic at the end of a day at work. You seem to be on here 24/7 though with your bizarre grudges against people who dare to speak up against the Mighty Turkish.

I hope you enjoyed the attention that post gave you, and i'm sure you'll have a nice witty retort. I look forward to reading it babe

It does. My dream in life and sole raison d'etre (see, i'm cultured too) is to be popular on an internet mong board. It saddens me that i still seem so far away from fullfilling that dream, unlike yourself. :(

It does. My dream in life and sole raison d'etre (see, i'm cultured too) is to be popular on an internet mong board. It saddens me that i still seem so far away from fullfilling that dream, unlike yourself. :(

Just keep trying, you'll get there soon enough. Maybe in another 8000 posts time on a board you don't care about you might have another chum like Hypo to back you up in arguments.

Just keep trying, you'll get there soon enough. Maybe in another 8000 posts time on a board you don't care about you might have another chum like Hypo to back you up in arguments.

http://darmano.typepad.com/logic_emotion/2012/02/jerk.html

I'll be following these 10 steps to improve my performance, it seems like some on here have got them down to a tee already.

So its not players wages then that have brought many football club's to their knees. Do you think that Wayne Rooney had United to ransom or John Terry Chelsea to give two high profile examples.

I completely agree that both Terry and Rooney exploited the media and their clubs to get better contracts. What I'm not so sure on is why clubs kowtow to those demands. Take Rooney as an example. Ferguson could have gone on TV and said that Rooney was a greedy chancer, and 90% of the football supporting world might have agreed with him.

Rooney on form is an amazing talent, but he's not irreplaceable - especially for a big club like Man Utd, who can essentially pick from the world's best. Chelsea should have had a Terry-replacement in yonks ago.

United and Chelsea made short-term decisions that are going to hurt them in the long term. They've caved, and any other player who believes he is irreplaceable will look at those incidents as inspiration for better terms.

No-one forces a club to sign a player or negotiate a new contract. Blackpool had the right idea, imo. Long-term thinking that gelled with their situation. I can just about understand why Man Utd might have caved in on Rooney, but I'm amazed that Chelsea haven't got a hungry understudy breathing down John Terry's neck.

I completely agree that both Terry and Rooney exploited the media and their clubs to get better contracts. What I'm not so sure on is why clubs kowtow to those demands. Take Rooney as an example. Ferguson could have gone on TV and said that Rooney was a greedy chancer, and 90% of the football supporting world might have agreed with him.

Rooney on form is an amazing talent, but he's not irreplaceable - especially for a big club like Man Utd, who can essentially pick from the world's best. Chelsea should have had a Terry-replacement in yonks ago.

United and Chelsea made short-term decisions that are going to hurt them in the long term. They've caved, and any other player who believes he is irreplaceable will look at those incidents as inspiration for better terms.

No-one forces a club to sign a player or negotiate a new contract. Blackpool had the right idea, imo. Long-term thinking that gelled with their situation. I can just about understand why Man Utd might have caved in on Rooney, but I'm amazed that Chelsea haven't got a hungry understudy breathing down John Terry's neck.

At the time of the Rooney negotiations, the Glazers were at a low point in their popularity; in my book that is holding them to Ransom.

At the time of the Rooney negotiations, the Glazers were at a low point in their popularity; in my book that is holding them to Ransom.

Quit the drama, Sergei.

Man Utd would have survived the loss of Rooney just as it would have survived the loss of other 'irreplaceable' players, such as Beckham or Ronaldo.

Manchester United could have said "no".

And how does that help exactly?

You keep telling us that Andy is inexperienced and not entitled to an opinion, and yet you are decrying him on an "Internet mong board" ( to use the Turkish parlance ) in the manner of a primary school student.

"I don't like him. I like him instead"

I never said Andy is not entitled to an opinion. My view is that he acts like a know-it-all when he is essentially a child and it gets on people's nerves in the same way that it used to with buzzin orn.

I never said Andy is not entitled to an opinion. My view is that he acts like a know-it-all when he is essentially a child and it gets on people's nerves in the same way that it used to with buzzin orn.

What dismissive boll*cks.

If you want to prove Andy is king charlatan when it comes to know-it-alls, defeat his arguments instead of calling him names, or a child.

Awww shucks... You guys!

Hold on, is this a p*ss take?

Or maybe you are getting confused with my nemesis "johnnyboy?"

I don't know who to trust:wave:

My first and last contribution to this thread. I see that Turkish is being a **** as usual. A **** can give so much pleasure, but not this one.

And before the mods give me grief, I actually typed in four asterisks and will leave it to the reader to decide their own word: it doesn't even have to be four letters.

My first and last contribution to this thread. I see that Turkish is being a **** as usual. A **** can give so much pleasure, but not this one.

And before the mods give me grief, I actually typed in four asterisks and will leave it to the reader to decide their own word: it doesn't even have to be four letters.

What a completely unnessasary post Sue. Why come on a thread just to be abusive?

Quit the drama, Sergei.

Man Utd would have survived the loss of Rooney just as it would have survived the loss of other 'irreplaceable' players, such as Beckham or Ronaldo.

Manchester United could have said "no".

Yes a club can say no but then again the ones that have not have been brought to their knees by wage demands. I am surprised you cannot recognise how players wages have brought many clubs to the edge, including our friends from down the m27.

Yes a club can say no but then again the ones that have not have been brought to their knees by wage demands. I am surprised you cannot recognise how players wages have brought many clubs to the edge, including our friends from down the m27.

I'm equally surprised that you see high player wages as inevitable. I don't see how that stands up to the example of Blackpool.

Was it you two who used to throw bricks at buctootim?... (sounds like a tongue twister)

The Flower Roads is actually divided up into lots of little sub-kingdoms (at least when you are ten years old).

Unfortunately, I can't place Alps even with his road-drop. The key line of demarcation is Lobelia Road, which splits Daisy Dip into 'first' and 'second' fields. Carnation Road spills over both ends, so I don't know if Alps is Frying Pan End or a First Fielder.

The Flower Roads is actually divided up into lots of little sub-kingdoms (at least when you are ten years old).

Unfortunately, I can't place Alps even with his road-drop. The key line of demarcation is Lobelia Road, which splits Daisy Dip into 'first' and 'second' fields. Carnation Road spills over both ends, so I don't know if Alps is Frying Pan End or a First Fielder.

First Fielder; the Frying Pan was full of pikeys.

You seem to be talking about the theory. I am talking about the practice.

No, I'm talking about an actual, practical example of a club that refused to pay high wages.

Theory = an unproven idea

Practice = an idea that has been implemented and observed

Which one would you call Blackpool?

No, I'm talking about an actual, practical example of a club that refused to pay high wages.

Theory = an unproven idea

Practice = an idea that has been implemented and observed

Which one would you call Blackpool?

We differ not on one club's example but on the fact that I believe that players wages have been a major contributor to the fact that so many clubs are in finacial difficulties. Of course some cut their cloth appropriately Blackpool are not the first. You seem to think that salaries are not the main plight of so many clubs. You also do not agree that players and agents do not spare a thought for the clubns they play for when they negotiate their contracts - particularly when that club is relegated.