Saints v Bristol City Post Match Views

exit2

48 is not a lot to spend for what we have put in front of us.

LOL you are kidding right?

I will tell you how bad we are,I have sky sports and setanta but Saturday I never even turned over to see the game.

I just noticed the result while reading BBC news online about 10pm.

I have had a season ticket every season since 1978,UNTIL THIS SEASON!!!!

I used to see us play this level for free at Staplewood on a Tuesday night.

There was a total lack of purpose all over the pitch, everyone with the notable exceptions of Kelvin Davies and Andrew Surman were Effing useless and totally disinterested. As an example, why didn't Skacel ever run to the by-line instead of crossing from 20 yds out every time; always the ball ending up in front of their back four? He just couldn't be Rrsed and nor could any of the others. Who was the tactical genius that selected Gobern to start instead of BWP? Who decides that 4-5-1 actually makes sense in a home game? And so on....

I no longer fear the R word having come to terms with the absolute certainty that this team cannot stay up. As we have no means at our disposal to improve things RELEGATION IS CERTAIN.

I had hoped against hope that suddenly everything would click into place one day suddenly and that our youngsters would turn out to be the NEW ManU of 1997. Now with our unbalanced mix of raw youngsters of dubious talent and worn out has-beens like Wootton, Euell and Skacel, we are up sh*** creek, paddle-less, rudder-less and cox-less. Add to that that Poortvliet has proved himself clueless and impotent pitch-side and there you have it.

Gentlefolks we are finished, done up like a turkey for Christmas!

putting it in capitals doesn't make it right!

relegation is far from certain -we are not even in bottom 3

it may well be a real risk, possibility or likely if thats your view but to say its is certain is ridiculous -we have been well adrift and been ok before. Are the bottom three clubs looking at us and our reviews and thinking they will be ok as Saints are already relegated?

Is that aimed at me or the other 20,000 ex fans?

Grow up and find something better to do on a Saturday mate;)

I am sorry if I worded that badly but I meant it genuinely as I guess you thought you would always want to be there and didn't envisage us getting this low etc.

I did my bit of growing up this year -moving out of Northam to Itchen!

Personally I still want to go to each game -whether that will change who knows. Certainly doesn't feel the same as it used to, but it's not about growing up and finding something better to do its personal choice.

putting it in capitals doesn't make it right!

relegation is far from certain -we are not even in bottom 3

it may well be a real risk, possibility or likely if thats your view but to say its is certain is ridiculous -we have been well adrift and been ok before. Are the bottom three clubs looking at us and our reviews and thinking they will be ok as Saints are already relegated?

Relegation is certain with the current set up and circumstances. Continued belief that JP will deliver us is completely misplaced.

Of course you are right, relegation can be avoided. But that means replacing JP and admitting that the mad experiment does not work, and stopping this belief that nothing can change because we are skint. An experienced manager would get better results from the current raw materials (unless their name was Burley), and would have better ideas about getting cheap experienced players in to assist the youngsters, many of whom can make it with the right experience alongside them.

Relegation is certain with the current set up and circumstances. Continued belief that JP will deliver us is completely misplaced.

Of course you are right, relegation can be avoided. But that means replacing JP and admitting that the mad experiment does not work, and stopping this belief that nothing can change because we are skint. An experienced manager would get better results from the current raw materials (unless their name was Burley), and would have better ideas about getting cheap experienced players in to assist the youngsters, many of whom can make it with the right experience alongside them.

One who happens to be very cheap and out of work

Like Jermaine Wright & Darren Powell? :)

Best support from the Itchen all season with people standing all game and really backing the side when 1-0 down. Quite enjoyed that side of things and the team actually responded by working their socks off. Sadly it was to no avail.

Davis 6 - Great pen save but his distribution was terrible. Put us in serious trouble three times.

Cork 6 - Given a torried time by McIndoe in the first half but covered the CB's very well at times.

Pearce 6 - Looks short of pace to me. Not bad in the air.

Lancashire 5 - Bullied by Adebola

Skacel 5 - a couple of nice crosses but where is the effort to get up and down?

Surman 7 - worked hard and looked decent

Wotton 2 - two decent long balls, but he spent the rest of time 5 yards off the pace. What a crap signing.

Lallana - 7 another decent game.

Gobern - first half 1, second half 7. He look's more of a Carlton Palmer than a Theo Walcott.

Thompson 6 didn't see enugh of the ball. Needs to come into the centre when the ball is on the opther wing. Couple of decent runs and dangerous crosses.

McGoldrick - 7 linked well with the midfield and is a threat.

BWP 6 - didn't do much

Peckhard - 6 we looked more dangerous when we had 2 up front.

I am sorry if I worded that badly but I meant it genuinely as I guess you thought you would always want to be there and didn't envisage us getting this low etc.

I did my bit of growing up this year -moving out of Northam to Itchen!

Personally I still want to go to each game -whether that will change who knows. Certainly doesn't feel the same as it used to, but it's not about growing up and finding something better to do its personal choice.

Nick I apologies for my post above,thought it was the normal TSW sarcasm at play.

Like you say its your choice and I respect that,although I do wonder how much longer the remaining few will bother turning up.

You are either bloody mad and stupid or a real fan,who knows?