Saints v Bristol City Post Match Views

exit2

Lallana maybe skillful but he is not helping us to points and therefore I suggest he is sold and we get in some decent defenders.

Funny John B, both you and window cleaner do not like Lallana, but some of my brothers at the game state quite clearly he is definitely one of the best players.

They seem to think the Coach and his very strange tactics are to blame and maybe The Director of Football is not showing good leadership.

First 70 mins thought we were awful. Didn't look like scoring and didn't look like we would create anything. First half display is up there with the worst this season and if it wasen't for Davis would of been a complete thrashing. The ref in my view was a complete **** who gave nearly everything against us.

Bristol should of burried us before Half-Time and if we give those chances to Wolves and Reading we could lose 10-0 no joke, they will rip us to shreads if we play like that.

This is another game Jan threw away in my book with his negative tactics and negative formation. Someone needs to tell him 4-5-1 is not playing 3 up front because if he thinks we have 3 up front then he needs to lay of the cafes for a bit. For the first 30mins did we even touch the ball?!

Second half we looked the same as the 1st, relying on luck and not creating anything of our own. Then finally Jan changed it and made it 4-4-2 with like 20 mins left. With that we came to life and looked a much much better side. We had people all over the place and that created space for our midfield to get in the mix. This in turn sparked the crowd into voice and made the atmosphere what it should be. This is our home ground ffs! The last 20 mins was all us, we kept them under pressure for most of it but again just could not get that shot on target to test the keeper. But it was more positive and we were creating chances and i could handle losing 0-1 at home if we played like that the whole way through. But we didn't. They played us off the park 1st half and the way we approached it and played it was not acceptable. I don't blame the players at all, they tried and they are learning with each game. Jan has to accept responsibility for us having the worst home record in the league. 1 win in 7 games in total and only 1 win in 8 at home. Those are horror stats. If Bristol can hand our ass to us like that when we play negative what will Reading and Wolves do to us?! It is going to be a total nightmare if we go in to those games like that!

My motm goes to Noble, thought he was quality. On our side it goes to Davis and Surman. They played superb i thought and Surman was unlucky with his break.

Hadn't seen the team play for a long time and actually was more impressed than disillusioned. A lot of skil, plenty of pace. Biggest problems remain lack of physical presence in the heart of defense and upfront (a target man).

Lallana is top class and Cork, Skacel and Davis looked good too.

Disappointed with Euell's contribution when he came on and McGoldrick needs to work harder off the ball.

Can't believe this side will go down.

First half we had nothing going forward. We couldn't pass it through Bristol and we didn't know what to do. Gobern kept cutting in, meaning no-one was on the left and Thompson was non exsistant apart from when he decided to run.

Second half we only responded when we went a goal down. Why is that? Euell and BWP came on and seemed to lift the team. One word Jan. Experience.

Disapointed as I thought we can do better. Really miss Morgan in the middle as Wooton just looks to play long balls to no-where. Where was Morgan anyway?

Not sure why Thomson got taken off as he was the only person who got anywhere near the by-line in the 1st half. Gobern looked lost at times but then so did all our players. moments when they looked like they would rip through bristol would end up with no-one knowing where they were going so it came to nothing far too often.

Looked better once Wooton went off as Surman took Morgan's role in bringing the ball forward and spreading it to the wings. If that had been the case from the start then things could have been different. The system that JP is trying to use works when we have the right players but when we dont it looks arse.

Funny John B, both you and window cleaner do not like Lallana, but some of my brothers at the game state quite clearly he is definitely one of the best players.

They seem to think the Coach and his very strange tactics are to blame and maybe The Director of Football is not showing good leadership.

No I think he is a very skillful player but he is not contributing to our team's results and he cant shoot.

He may look good but it is results which count.

I think if he could be sold for lots of money and we invested in a couple of strong fullbacks the team would perform better.

It would perform better if we had physically stronger defenders but we cannot get them as we have no money.

Yes I agree the formation is no good it is much too defensive

Lacking leadership on the pitch, communication almost non-existant at set pieces. Defense as usual looking worryingly fragile at times, easily getting caught short, especially on the break. We were the second best team, except for perhaps the last 15 minutes.

We need a proper right back- ok, if we tried to get one prior to the start of the season but failed then there's nothing we can do about that.

As for Wotton, he was totally woeful, as soon as he got the ball, as he did was lump the thing up the bloody field to no particular player!

As for JP, does he really know what he's doing?

No I think he is a very skillful player but he is not contributing to our team's results and he cant shoot.

I think if he could be sold for lots of money and we invested in a couple of strong fullbacks the team would perform better.

It would perform better if we had physically stronger defenders but we cannot get them as we have no money

I agree with you on this one. Adam will be a class player in the future but he is young and learning, don't forget this is still his first full season playing. He will get better and his decisions will get better. As my mate said "would rather have a team of Lallana's then a team of Wotten's"! Which i think most would agree on.

The problem is that there are too many games where fans come away thinking 'we were unlucky today'. Losing becomes a habit. After the second half at Preston, with all the commitment spirit, and passion the team displayed, this was an opportunity to demonstrate that performance had showed the teams true qualities. Yet here we are again with just about everybody saying that we were clueless and lightweight in attack, and naive ( at best ) in defence. JP, however nice a guy he may be, is a one trick pony; we need to be more aggressive in the home games and get more bodies in the box. To many times the opposition defence find they are playing 2 or even 3 against our 1.

There defence coped to easily because of the balls up to Mcgoldrick. Hoof ball from Wooton doesnt give the quick passing kids a hope in hell. Looked allot better after he went off but not enough time to make a difference.

Nothing to do with the players.

I have never agreed with the route Rupert led us down BUT WE ARE WHERE WE ARE, and at least we could make the best use of the players we have available.

4-5-1 , player in the hole what ever you call it DOES NOT WORK IN HOME GAMES.

We hand the inititive to the opposition , rarely threaten there goal and just lack a threat.

We drag everyone back for every set piece which just allows the opponents to throw men forward, tonight for every city corner 21 players were in our half, why drag Thompson back he is no taller than the corner flag stick him on the half way line and you immediately get them to drop 2 back.

Managers have sussed us out , they push forward stopping Kelvin rolling it out , when he did they were on Skacel and Cork very quickly.

CCC teams normally have two slow lumps in the middle of their defence, having pace out wide is no good , get 2 with pace up front and drag them around at the moment even if DMG beats one the other defender just covers his mate.

The club are committing financial suicide with performances like that, the players are trying to make the system work but tonight , for all their passion and effort they are being led by donkeys

Kelvin Davis - 7 - Yet again lead by example, superb penalty stop which should of lifted the boys.

Jack Cork - 7 - Did'nt do to much but did it right. got forward alot though.

Olly Lancashire - 5 - deffinately is'nt ready yet, he has the potential to be brilliant which I imagine will only be un-locked after playing games & making misitakes unfortunately one's that teams capitalize on such as today.

Alex Pearce - 6 - unlucky with the handball, clumbsyness. Did add abit of steal which Killer would usually add.

Rudi Skacel - 6 - had little bursts , looks abit un-fit expecially in final 20. Did his job, looked better going forward.

Oscar Gobern - 6 - was to busy trying to do the right thing as it was his full debut & not play to his own strengths, which you can't really blame him for looked alot better in the second half.

Drew MOM - 7 - looked really composed on the ball, made osme superb passes which unlocked the stuborn Bristol defence with no one to recieve.

Wotton - 6 - bit of steel, did'nt do alot.

Adam Lallana - 7 - superb flashes of skill, destine for top level. Was very good but was the only player along with Drew playing off McGoldrick (when he was'nt out wide).Concerned he cant strike the ball with power.

Jake Thomson - 6 - good little shift. good running and 2 good crosses.

McGoldrick - 7 - not much of a fan of McGoldrick, not sure what it is but there's somethign about him that suggest he could be class yet he does'nt unlock it. Too busy chasing balls in the channels and not having anoth time to make up numbers in the box.

Held the ball up superbly though.

BWP - 6 - steady shift did nothing wrong.

Perkart - 4 - needed too long on the ball, first touch was abit iffy.

Euell - 6 - added a presence and abit of flair in his own manor lol, really should of scored.

FANS - in good voice very proud, its heart breaking to see so many empty red seats.

missed Spiderman, his pressance and passing.

We really need two Strikers of the Ormerod and Beattie combination but we also need money :/

It would perform better if we had physically stronger defenders but we cannot get them as we have no money.

Yes I agree the formation is no good it is much too defensive

Have a word with the coach as you and the rest of us know the system is totally wrong and Lallana is being wasted.

There defence coped to easily because of the balls up to Mcgoldrick. Hoof ball from Wooton doesnt give the quick passing kids a hope in hell. Looked allot better after he went off but not enough time to make a difference.

But why can't JP change the starting line-up and tactics ?

Have a word with the coach as you and the rest of us know the system is totally wrong and Lallana is being wasted.

Perhaps we should be drinking in the Osbourne.

The daughter's boyfriend is a Reading Season ticket holder and is giving me a lot of verbals.

I am not looking forward to the game in two weeks time

Interesting. I thought Lallana had a poorish game for his level. He often wasn't where you'd want him to be when Saints were attacking. When he got the ball, he missed opportunities to pass it timely, while he was beating the defender again and again.

I thought Saints generally were toothless, and lacking in cohesion. At times it crossed my mind that the disease from the last few seasons, i.e. passes finding the opposition and not our players, was starting to take hold. OK, we started to put Bristol City under pressure in the last 20 minutes, but our pressure was disjointed, and came to nothing. Tbh, we never really looked like we would score, and if we had, it would just have been a relief. We were second to the ball, and in all honesty, Bristol City deserved their 0-1. I'm rather deflated on a wet, chilly saturday evening.

Usual garbage at home from the coach that is completely bereft of ideas how to play home games and attack the opposition. Clueless in front of goal, and luck that we were still in it with City playing like a bunch of pussies in front of goal. Good stop by Davis from the pen, Lancashire was lucky not to give another one away. Nothing in front of goal, out muscled in midfield by some very ordinary opposition. 1 home win in the League is nailed on relegation form, but hey ho Wolves and Reading next. Probably be 6 points. :( At least the Sky curse did not strike, only the home curse and the curse of the clueless coach.

Sorry but it is now more and more obvious that this manager is out of his depth or shall we say off the pace !!!!!!!

I didn't go to Preston but Oscar Gobern was pretty poor today as was Wooten - what the hell did we employ him for? He so very poor that I would not cross the road to watch him let aloan go to the ground to watch - he is just a total waste of space and the main reason we were totally outplayed in midfield for all the time he was on the pitch.........

I am not a big fan of Jake Thompson however he had a good first half and did look like he meant it and was getting to the bi-line and crossing dangerously. So, what do Portaloo do - he takes him off !!!!!!!!!!!!! and leaves on Gobern who was like a rabbit in the headlights and contributing so little. This leaves us playing with nine men in effect - not surprising then that we were struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be controversial but I also think OL is a long way off the pace too so lets make it eight and a half players against eleven.

The manager cannot leave things aloan when we do put a performance together and definately cannot analyse the team performance in a professional way. It has taken him months to realise the two full backs were not up to the job and now we have a further obstinate insistence to alter the team and play personnel who are not up to the job.

Of course the complete one trick pony formation is another matter all together !!!!

I'm sorry but Jan this is not working. We have some very good players who are performing in spite of you not because of you.

I am losing faith in your management skills now.

A footnote - Today Bristol City flooded the central midfield and we failed to play round this or counteract the numbers in there - this was very basic stuff and not picked up by the coaching staff.

In conclusion, poor choice of personnel, poor tactics, and poor perception of the situation - until it was far too late !!!!

Perhaps we should be drinking in the Osbourne.

The daughter's boyfriend is a Reading Season ticket holder and is giving me a lot of verbals.

I am not looking forward to the game in two weeks time

We all know with the right tactics/mix we can beat Reading....I hope.

JP has got to start thinking like a CCC coach as his other ideas are not good enough.

I will travel up and attend JPs next venture to a pub and have a word.

Poortaloo has absolutely no idea and he admitted as much on the radio. He tinkers with the side for some unknown reason and plays players out of position. He seems utterly clueless when it comes to a plan B - i.e. 4-4-2 - at home.

Lets count how many (supposed) strikers we had on the pitch today shall we....

Lallana, McGoldrick, Goburn, Euell, BWP, Pekhart - thats six f-ing strikers and not one of them scored FFS! Something is very wrong with coaching and strategy at Saints and it needs sorting out very quickly indeed. Euell made a big difference when he came on and started the charge into the box - then he had to make way for Pekhart and got pushed out the game losing us the impetus. Tactics you'd expect to see at Sunday school!

I don't blame the lads - they CAN play football...its the manager/coach who is killing the club. And of course that IS Lowes fault once again, because he once again appointed a cr@p manager.

Sorry but it is now more and more obvious that this manager is out of his depth or shall we say off the pace !!!!!!!

I didn't go to Preston but Oscar Gobern was pretty poor today as was Wooten - what the hell did we employ him for? He so very poor that I would not cross the road to watch him let aloan go to the ground to watch - he is just a total waste of space and the main reason we were totally outplayed in midfield for all the time he was on the pitch.........

I am not a big fan of Jake Thompson however he had a good first half and did look like he meant it and was getting to the bi-line and crossing dangerously. So, what do Portaloo do - he takes him off !!!!!!!!!!!!! and leaves on Gobern who was like a rabbit in the headlights and contributing so little. This leaves us playing with nine men in effect - not surprising then that we were struggling!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be controversial but I also think OL is a long way off the pace too so lets make it eight and a half players against eleven.

The manager cannot leave things aloan when we do put a performance together and definately cannot analyse the team performance in a professional way. It has taken him months to realise the two full backs were not up to the job and now we have a further obstinate insistence to alter the team and play personnel who are not up to the job.

Of course the complete one trick pony formation is another matter all together !!!!

I'm sorry but Jan this is not working. We have some very good players who are performing in spite of you not because of you.

I am losing faith in your management skills now.

A footnote - Today Bristol City flooded the central midfield and we failed to play round this or counteract the numbers in there - this was very basic stuff and not picked up by the coaching staff.

In conclusion, poor choice of personnel, poor tactics, and poor perception of the situation - until it was far too late !!!!

How should we have done this CC? The only way I can think of is to go over the top and we have a team set up for 'slick' inter-passing. My first thoughts were 'Jeez we are missing Stern John for his link up play.'

Just got back and I've wet my trousers. God that was awful, but depressingly familiar. We are never going to score at home with a formation and tactics like that. Why change it with only 20 minutes left? It's time to get rid of this clown in charge (you choose which one) and get in someone who understands the mentality of this club.

So true. Wooton is not good enough for this team / league, please do not persist with the total folly of playing this guy any more it's beyond rediculous !!!!!

So true. Wooton is not good enough for this team / league, please do not persist with the total folly of playing this guy any more it's beyond rediculous !!!!!

Probably true but with the tactics we employ it will not matter who plays at home, as the rest of the home league games have shown, we will flatter to deceive

I hope to God that when Spiderman is injury free he'll replace Wooton permanently!!!! Edited by Saints67

Interesting. I thought Lallana had a poorish game for his level. He often wasn't where you'd want him to be when Saints were attacking. When he got the ball, he missed opportunities to pass it timely, while he was beating the defender again and again.

I thought Saints generally were toothless, and lacking in cohesion. At times it crossed my mind that the disease from the last few seasons, i.e. passes finding the opposition and not our players, was starting to take hold. OK, we started to put Bristol City under pressure in the last 20 minutes, but our pressure was disjointed, and came to nothing. Tbh, we never really looked like we would score, and if we had, it would just have been a relief. We were second to the ball, and in all honesty, Bristol City deserved their 0-1. I'm rather deflated on a wet, chilly saturday evening.

No argument from me, other than to say that Lallana is being wasted and would give so much more in a better system. Playing the right number of games would help with the right mix around him and Surman..

Various people at the game have confirmed to me that the tactics/system is totally wrong.

Some say Lallana is a great player and played well and others say he is wasted because of our system.

You know Lallana will get stronger with time/games and the right system being played. We saw this with Surman who had games where he did not seem good enough but is now starting to be of real worth to the side.

Due to our financial position and some dodgy decisions, too many youngsters, playing too many games at the same time..If we change our selection/signing decisions we can still stave off relegation but we will soon run out of time...

Change course now, tactics/formation wise, please JP.

But he's cheap..........

God is this really the only criteria we have for getting a player in? The only thing that is a cast iron certainty in this life is that there are better 'cheap' players out there, this guy is not even on the same planet as AL on a very bad day and would not get in our park game well we might let him join in but he would be last to be picked !!! We have to draw a line under players of this low skill level right now !!!!

Lallana was good until he got a scoring chance. That's not a reason to sell him, it's a reason to grow and nurture him. He needs more training is all.

Are you raving mad?

One of the most clueless posts i have ever seen.

We will not sell him because he cant shoot, we will sell him because he is one of the few remaining assets we have that will generate cash - probably 750k to a million. Which will be massively below what he is worth. He is as an exciting prospoect as Le Tissier was, whether he reaches that potential remains to be seen. Your post suggests you have absolutely no idea of the real state of the affairs at the club.

Lallana will go

Surman will go

and we will try and get rid of;

Ewell

Skatchel

Rasiak

John

etc

How should we have done this CC? The only way I can think of is to go over the top and we have a team set up for 'slick' inter-passing. My first thoughts were 'Jeez we are missing Stern John for his link up play.'

We should have gone 4-4-2 earlier. When you have 5 in midfield it creates less space to pass, as effectivley your short passing (though Wotten hit about 99% of our long balls). When you do it that way it is like Rugby, you run with the ball and gain a few yards simply because there are too many bodies around you. When you put 2 up front their defence and midfield have to keep an eye on 2 people running the lines. This then opens up space to play passes from midfield to the wings as there are gaps in between you. Which then means you can get the defenders on the overlap etc.. that releases the congestion in midfield because your no longer being one dimensional and running the ball on the outside rather then the inside. If you compare the 1st half to the end of the second you see what space can do for you. But in my view the main advantage is it gets the midfielders further up the pitch causing nuisance. We had far more joy doing it that way. But creating the chances is one thing, putting them away is something completly different. It is just a shame as you say we don't have Rasiak,Saga or John here as they would thrive off those balls.

God is this really the only criteria we have for getting a player in? The only thing that is a cast iron certainty in this life is that there are better 'cheap' players out there, this guy is not even on the same planet as AL on a very bad day and would not get in our park game well we might let him join in but he would be last to be picked !!! We have to draw a line under players of this low skill level right now !!!!

Lets sign Mr Wu.

Our home form has nothing to do , imo, with skill level it is solely down to poor tactics and a naive approach to CCC football. Having pace out wide in the CCC is only any good if you have someone capable of challenging the lumps that most teams employ at centre half.

The last 2 home games , against poor opposition , have been thrown away at the altar of 4-5-1

We should have gone 4-4-2 earlier.

Exactly - like the start of the season earlier

I like Jan, i do question his tactics, but for i just cant see why he sticks with this formation, when it quite cleary doesnt work. The funny thing is when we are chasing the game (90% of the time) with 15 minutes left, the first thing he does is go 4 4 2

Well the first thing to do is stop playingone up front, thats simple. That gives the 2 strikers (assuming we play 4-4-2) someone to play off, and gives defenders more than one person to mark out of the game. There is no need to always go over the top of 4-5-1, though it can be used as a tactic occassionally (i.e. mix it up). It is still possible to play through 4-5-1 with good passing and off the ball running, but our passing today was woeful at times, and we do not have naturally athletic players so we cant' outrun opposition. We also need to 2 decent wide midfielders/overlapping full backs to outflank the midfield. This is all pretty basic stuff, but sadly "Nice but Dim" Jan is not up to coaching basic stuff. He does know how to play away games when opposition give us more space. To be fair to Jan, Burley had no idea either, and he is now national coach :rolleyes:

Well the first thing to do is stop playingone up front, thats simple. That gives the 2 strikers (assuming we play 4-4-2) someone to play off, and gives defenders more than one person to mark out of the game. There is no need to always go over the top of 4-5-1, though it can be used as a tactic occassionally (i.e. mix it up). It is still possible to play through 4-5-1 with good passing and off the ball running, but our passing today was woeful at times, and we do not have naturally athletic players so we cant' outrun opposition. We also need to 2 decent wide midfielders/overlapping full backs to outflank the midfield. This is all pretty basic stuff, but sadly "Nice but Dim" Jan is not up to coaching basic stuff. He does know how to play away games when opposition give us more space. To be fair to Jan, Burley had no idea either, and he is now national coach :rolleyes:

cannot see Holland appointing Jan

We should have gone 4-4-2 earlier. When you have 5 in midfield it creates less space to pass, as effectivley your short passing (though Wotten hit about 99% of our long balls). When you do it that way it is like Rugby, you run with the ball and gain a few yards simply because there are too many bodies around you. When you put 2 up front their defence and midfield have to keep an eye on 2 people running the lines. This then opens up space to play passes from midfield to the wings as there are gaps in between you. Which then means you can get the defenders on the overlap etc.. that releases the congestion in midfield because your no longer being one dimensional and running the ball on the outside rather then the inside. If you compare the 1st half to the end of the second you see what space can do for you. But in my view the main advantage is it gets the midfielders further up the pitch causing nuisance. We had far more joy doing it that way. But creating the chances is one thing, putting them away is something completly different. It is just a shame as you say we don't have Rasiak,Saga or John here as they would thrive off those balls.

Thanks that was exactly what I was thinking. The footballing world seem to realise why we are having to play kids due to financial reasons but the tactics don't seem to be paying off. Maybe Jan & Wotte need to look long and hard before Wolves pitch up with (surprise surpise) a big centre forward who'll cause us problems. I have looked ahead and written November off as games we'll lose but we should pick up results in Dec, Jan & Feb. Fingers crossed of course!!!

Thanks that was exactly what I was thinking. The footballing world seem to realise why we are having to play kids due to financial reasons but the tactics don't seem to be paying off. Maybe Jan & Wotte need to look long and hard before Wolves pitch up with (surprise surpise) a big centre forward who'll cause us problems. I have looked ahead and written November off as games we'll lose but we should pick up results in Dec, Jan & Feb. Fingers crossed of course!!!

not with these tactics at home

Well, I can see now why Lowe appointed Poortvliet - he's a man in his own image: i.e. he does not learn from his mistakes:

A) Six goals at home in the league all season and we still play one man through the centre. Pekhart should have been bought on at least ten minutes sooner.

B) A young lad has a decent sub appearance away from home (viz. White against Derby), is then ploughed in for a start and is totally out of his depth. They HAVE to be bought in gradually, and not as knee-jerk selections.

Apparently there was 'a buzz' at the training ground this week - I wish the noise of some training had drowned it out, as tonight we looked like a team that had never played together. We were extremely well beaten by a side that had two absolute dominators at either end of the field. McCombe and Adebola are the type of players we are absolutely crying out for, even though I thought Pearce played quite well at the back for us. It's now getting to the stage though where the question has to be asked: how long can this go on for? At what stage is Poortvliet's position untenable? We've got 30 matches to go and we probably need 37 points to be safe. I back the young players to the hilt, but they simply aren't being used properly or with enough experienced heads around them. Ask yourself: whose mistake is that? And will he or they learn from it? They're going to have to, and pretty soon.

We need to go back to 4-4-2. Its no good having DMG up fornt on his own as he simply cant keep hold of the ball. The only player we have who is capable of playing that lone hold-up role we loaned to that shower of sh1te who beat us today with yep you guessed it, a long punt up field for there big strong striker to muscle onto and cause chaos in the box. The moment Pekhart came on and we went to 4-4-2 we looked much much more dangerous as the Bristol defenders then had to worry about 2 strikers in the box instead of one. Its just a shame that JP didnt change it until it was too late.

Well, I can see now why Lowe appointed Poortvliet - he's a man in his own image: i.e. he does not learn from his mistakes:

A) Six goals at home in the league all season and we still play one man through the centre. Pekhart should have been bought on at least ten minutes sooner.

B) A young lad has a decent sub appearance away from home (viz. White against Derby), is then ploughed in for a start and is totally out of his depth. They HAVE to be bought in gradually, and not as knee-jerk selections.

Apparently there was 'a buzz' at the training ground this week - I wish the noise of some training had drowned it out, as tonight we looked like a team that had never played together. We were extremely well beaten by a side that had two absolute dominators at either end of the field. McCombe and Adebola are the type of players we are absolutely crying out for, even though I thought Pearce played quite well at the back for us. It's now getting to the stage though where the question has to be asked: how long can this go on for? At what stage is Poortvliet's position untenable? We've got 30 matches to go and we probably need 37 points to be safe. I back the young players to the hilt, but they simply aren't being used properly or with enough experienced heads around them. Ask yourself: whose mistake is that? And will he or they learn from it? They're going to have to, and pretty soon.

very fair summary

I've been watching and supporting this team nearly all of my life.

At the age of 50, surely I deserve to see better than my beloved Southampton festering at the bottom of the Championship?

At this rate, the next local derby game will be against Bournemouth.

Where is the consistancy, the drive, the passion?

Come on Saints, give back something to the supporters... please.

Could not agree more..been supporting all my life and I am 52, this is the worse Southampton set up from top to bottom I can recall in my life time.