Saints price.

bjk

Around about 30 million, with continued outgoings higher than incomings, so it would go up on a weekly basis

Even if taking the satdium loan out of this equation as its kind of a mortgage - its would still be around 10 mil. so add the purchase price which would inevitably rise to probably 15 mil (give the minimum they would need to offer LOwe, Wilde and Crouch and that the regulations mean you have to offer the same to everyone) It would cost at leats 25 mil + the need of a minimum of say 10 mil to cover the increasing losses and stabalise the ship over say 2 years? without any team investment so despite what teh share price says we are realistically looking for someone with a minimum of around £35-40 mil in cash (not loans or VC money which needs a return/interest) to make any deal work - Wilde has stated he would never sell to someone merely as a change in ownership, only if there is a genuine cash injection that will help enable change. So suddenly we can see why there are no genuine takers...especially when you consider the side would need at least 5-10 mil investmnet in players to make us genuine contenders - with no guarrantees - afterall we tried that spending 7 mil under Wilde/Crouch/Burley and thay did not work...

Source? ;)

A little bird told me Vulcan were swamped with mails and even middle of the night calls asking for details and news of when PA was going to take over the club. Kids, grannies, idiots, everyone was pestering them night and day for a fair old while. They got ****ed off. You'll have to take my word for it though,or not as you choose makes no difference now.

Why I bet at least one poster on this forum actually rang them, if not several,

Anyone care to own up to that ????

It got to the stage where some Vulcan execs were getting calls at home about it.

Even if taking the satdium loan out of this equation as its kind of a mortgage - its would still be around 10 mil. so add the purchase price which would inevitably rise to probably 15 mil (give the minimum they would need to offer LOwe' date=' Wilde and Crouch and that the regulations mean you have to offer the same to everyone) It would cost at leats 25 mil + the need of a minimum of say 10 mil to cover the increasing losses and stabalise the ship over say 2 years? without any team investment so despite what teh share price says we are realistically looking for someone with a minimum of around £35-40 mil in cash (not loans or VC money which needs a return/interest) to make any deal work - Wilde has stated he would never sell to someone merely as a change in ownership, only if there is a genuine cash injection that will help enable change. So suddenly we can see why there are no genuine takers...especially when you consider the side would need at least 5-10 mil investmnet in players to make us genuine contenders - with no guarrantees - afterall we tried that spending 7 mil under Wilde/Crouch/Burley and thay did not work...[/quote']

good summary -not saying people should like Wilde / Crouch / Lowe but this shows why typing "lowe out" numerous times a day doesn't create this person with £40million cash and a desire to put themselves at the mercy of our cheery positve fans!

A little bird told me Vulcan were swamped with mails and even middle of the night calls asking for details and news of when PA was going to take over the club. Kids, grannies, idiots, everyone was pestering them night and day for a fair old while. They got ****ed off. You'll have to take my word for it though,or not as you choose makes no difference now.

Why I bet at least one poster on this forum actually rang them, if not several,

Anyone care to own up to that ????

It got to the stage where some Vulcan execs were getting calls at home about it.

Strange that Mr Allen never got to hear about any of this hysteria if it was as bad as that...he (supposedly) denied knowing anything about the 'situation' with regards SFC....surely one of his Vulcan execs would have mentioned this email and telephone 'furore' to him over a shandy one evening?

p.s. I'm not guilty of pestering them by the way....unless you count tracking aircraft and yachts in that category....? :)

Strange that Mr Allen never got to hear about any of this hysteria if it was as bad as that...he (supposedly) denied knowing anything about the 'situation' with regards SFC....surely one of his Vulcan execs would have mentioned this email and telephone 'furore' to him over a shandy one evening?

p.s. I'm not guilty of pestering them by the way....unless you count tracking aircraft and yachts in that category....? :)

He probably wasn't even in the US, I think he was doing something with a film he made at the Cannes festival at the time.He "knew" even if he didn't KNOW.

Said he wasn't interested,that's all.

He probably wasn't even in the US, I think he was doing something with a film he made at the Cannes festival at the time.He "knew" even if he didn't KNOW.

Said he wasn't interested,that's all.

His private jet landed and took off from Heathrow a few days after the "Allen interested in Saints" news broke at the end of April 07.....living in the land of coincidences as we do....

Even if taking the satdium loan out of this equation as its kind of a mortgage - its would still be around 10 mil. so add the purchase price which would inevitably rise to probably 15 mil (give the minimum they would need to offer LOwe' date=' Wilde and Crouch and that the regulations mean you have to offer the same to everyone) It would cost at leats 25 mil + the need of a minimum of say 10 mil to cover the increasing losses and stabalise the ship over say 2 years? without any team investment so despite what teh share price says we are realistically looking for someone with a minimum of around £35-40 mil in cash (not loans or VC money which needs a return/interest) to make any deal work - Wilde has stated he would never sell to someone merely as a change in ownership, only if there is a genuine cash injection that will help enable change. So suddenly we can see why there are no genuine takers...especially when you consider the side would need at least 5-10 mil investmnet in players to make us genuine contenders - with no guarrantees - afterall we tried that spending 7 mil under Wilde/Crouch/Burley and thay did not work...[/quote']

i have a slightly different perspective to this,

no one share holder has sufficient shares that would mean to offer them a curtain price would trigger a compulsory buyout of the club, so differing prices could be offer to individual partys initially i.e to buy all of lowes shares

it is unlikely that Barclay's would be happy for anyone to take over the club without paying off the stadium debt, and even if they were the club would still not be a viable business and it would be pointless not to pay it off

the 7mill marks is right value based on the stocks available, and id be surprised if 10mill would not buy all shares with the club in its current state, a further say 20 mill to clear all club debts. so id say 30 mill is required to save the club and allow it to develop at a sustainable rate (which is the most important thing, investing big money in big players with big wages too early will not help saints in the short term until we have recovered the lost fan base)

just my view of course:D

According to the London Stock Exchange we're worth £7.44 million quid.Surely someone can afford that.Please Please Please someone buy us for christ sake.

Which by a strange co-incidence is remarkably close to the overdraft figure at the moment.

Or is remarkably close to the figure needed to bring the OD back into the pre-set limit guesstimated at the start of the season and the amount of money we should spend on players to make us a safe side this season ready to push on for the playoffs next year.

Which is IMHO why it is daft to expect Leon or Salz to pay that much to buy the entire club when it could be of so much more use internally

good summary -not saying people should like Wilde / Crouch / Lowe but this shows why typing "lowe out" numerous times a day doesn't create this person with £40million cash and a desire to put themselves at the mercy of our cheery positve fans!

How much money did Lowe have to shell out to run this club (into the ground)? Was it anywhere near £40mil?

And now, at our lowest ebb in 30 years, someone wanting to save us, has to be a billionaire!

Is this not a scandal? Is this not proof enough at how poor Lowe has done in his position? Does this not show that his decisions have forced us into the "un-investable" category? Does this show that his demands for 50pence a share for him and his cronies, was a vast inflation of a CCC team? Does this not show us that Lowe has made it impossible to sell this club? Does this not mean that the only "sale" will be a "fire sale" when the administrators move in?

Tell me, did Lowe fork out £40million to gain control? because that's what it's going to take to get rid of him!

And then think about his couple of hundred grand "investment" then subtract ten years of Chairmans wages + dividends + expenses + bonuses (FA Cup Final?) + payoff when he was booted out last time, and you tell me that Southampton PLC haven't paid more for Lowe than Lowe paid for us.

Lowe is a blood sucking parasite.

Is there an alternative? Sure, get his cronies to convince him to step down and vote in a circus chimp, AND we could pay it peanuts!

someone posted a great analogy on one of the threads today -think it was the Bassett one -saying its Lowe's ball etc.

This covers your post - you might not like it, you may think he came in on the cheap but **** happens and you have to look at current situation