Wimbledon

Thedelldays

They want to finish the match tonigjt, as there is no play tomorrow, so if it rolls over it would be Monday when it would resume

Sorry - I phrased my question poorly - I was talking in general rather than about this match. In other words, why did they build a roof that is designed to halt play for 30 minutes. Wasn't there a better type of roof available that closes quicker?

(that said, I've just been told it's not the speed that the roof closes its the time it takes for the air inside the arena to adjust to the new conditions.)

All seems like a big faff to me. And, given there was a good chance that rhe game was going to run into dusk, wouldn't it have made more sense to close the roof before the match started...?

Sorry - I phrased my question poorly - I was talking in general rather than about this match. In other words, why did they build a roof that is designed to halt play for 30 minutes. Wasn't there a better type of roof available that closes quicker?

(that said, I've just been told it's not the speed that the roof closes its the time it takes for the air inside the arena to adjust to the new conditions.)

All seems like a big faff to me. And, given there was a good chance that rhe game was going to run into dusk, wouldn't it have made more sense to close the roof before the match started...?

Probably better than the alternatives I assume. I don't think the roof closing takes long at all, it's the readjusting the conditions.

No, it really was just banter between him and the reporter.

Most Scots support anyone but England, just like Murray. I'd have had some respect for him if he'd supported his original belief, instead of backtracking once he realised that English fans form the bulk of his merchandise sales.

For that reason I really hope he loses.

Most Scots support anyone but England, just like Murray. I'd have had some respect for him if he'd supported his original belief, instead of backtracking once he realised that English fans form the bulk of his merchandise sales.

I really don't think he has that much 'merchandising' sales. And people who do play tennis and want a racket won't buy one just because it is Murray's.

He is a very injury prone player, one of his weaknesses. Some people are just prone.

One of the commentators was saying he has fewer ankle ligaments than normal because of a very bad sprain when he was a boy and that he was born with a patella in two sections rather than one like most people. These two conditions make him prone to injury apparently.

One of the commentators was saying he has fewer ankle ligaments than normal because of a very bad sprain when he was a boy and that he was born with a patella in two sections rather than one like most people. These two conditions make him prone to injury apparently.

And pretty much a miracle that he is number 4 in the world.

Well played that man, I say

And pretty much a miracle that he is number 4 in the world.

Well played that man, I say

when that was mentioned. John McEnroe piped up that he had two hernia operations and then won various slam titles.

you can tell he does not buy into the "poor injury prone andy" line that is started to be thrown out there

when that was mentioned. John McEnroe piped up that he had two hernia operations and then won various slam titles.

you can tell he does not buy into the "poor injury prone andy" line that is started to be thrown out there

Different era and not the same. You can recover from a hernia operation.