Wimbledon

Thedelldays

wimbledon as a competition is so stuffy/classy/posh

no advertisements around the court

players to wear white

Address players as Miss/Mrs/Mr

mongy crowd

however, by far the world premier tennis competition.

anyone been for the day/centre court..?

wimbledon as a competition is so stuffy/classy/posh

no advertisements around the court

players to wear white

Address players as Miss/Mrs/Mr

mongy crowd

however, by far the world premier tennis competition.

anyone been for the day/centre court..?

Yeah, been on centre court twice on corporate days. The place is full of absolute helmets. Generaly two types of people, snobs and people trying to be snobs. I had the misfortune to sit next to one of the most obnoxious women i've ever come across the last time i went. Tutted everytime anyone spoke, got up, moved, pretty much did anything.Henman hill is even worse, full of people trying desperately hard to appear crazy when the reality is they are middle class wannabe mongs.

I actually used to quite like tennis and was quite good at it, but unfortunately my experiences at Wimbledon and up at the Hampshire Tennis and Health club seeing the utter bulbs that watch and play the sport has put me off for life.

Yeah, been on centre court twice on corporate days. The place is full of absolute helmets. Generaly two types of people, snobs and people trying to be snobs. I had the misfortune to sit next to one of the most obnoxious women i've ever come across the last time i went. Tutted everytime anyone spoke, got up, moved, pretty much did anything.Henman hill is even worse, full of people trying desperately hard to appear crazy when the reality is they are middle class wannabe mongs.

I actually used to quite like tennis and was quite good at it, but unfortunately my experiences at Wimbledon and up at the Hampshire Tennis and Health club seeing the utter bulbs that watch and play the sport has put me off for life.

Boris Becker said as much on the radio the other night. Wimbledon has huge prize money. It generates enormous amounts of money for the LTA.

it is bar far the world premier Tennis competition. They generate that much money, they don't really take on general advertisements

so British Tennis is flush

he said the massive let down is perception of tennis. and the Tennis coaches simply do not do enough to find talent. Would the williams sisters have gotten anywhere under the LTA..? no they would not...not because of race but because they grew up in a really rough estate etc

tennis should be played without a crowd.

In particular the 'look at me , I am so wonderful and better than you ' prats that sit in the players family/coaches bit.

and the ones that want to be the first and/or last (during a break in play) to shout "C'MON ANDY"

In particular the 'look at me , I am so wonderful and better than you ' prats that sit in the players family/coaches bit.

I see they get the same divs in fancy dress that we get.

I see they get the same divs in fancy dress that we get.

Don't think they are the same divs, Our Divs are divs every day of their lives , the tennis lot are divs pretending to be divs and just end up looking a bit mental

Radio 5 was on about the fans obession with staring at the royal box earlier, despite the fact that no one was in it. They were basically staring at rows of seats.