Alex Pearce

harvey

If I'm correct, that's 2 headed goals from corners in the last 3 games...scored by Pearce.

He seams to attack the ball from a set piece how it should be done, and we have sorely lacked that over the last few seasons.

perhaps he can teach the rest of them?

Also seems very solid in his tackling. Could be an important player for us this season - i'd like to see Perry playing with him.

EDIT: Yes, I do realise how dodgy that last sentence sounded. :smt069

Dodgy or not, I agree - in the footballing sense, of course! Pearce and Lancashire were just too green as a centre-back pairing, the freedom given to Iwelumo in particular was shocking. With Perry playing alongside him Pearce looked a far better player. (Note the use of 'alongside' there - avoids all kinds of unwanted nuances ;))

I told you he'd be good, didn't I?

Sign him up in January Woopert, he could be a part of the Surman to Reading deal.

Pearce + 750k sounds good for Surman imo.

Doesn't sound good to me unless we will be getting around 5 years service minimum from Pearce. If he f*cks off after a year then we'll have got a terrible deal.

Also seems very solid in his tackling. Could be an important player for us this season - i'd like to see Perry playing with him.

Shame really that he is only with us for another6 weeks, and during that time is unavailable for 2 matches. He will be back to Reading in January if he continues to play the way he is.