FM 2009 Best Players

saint_stevo

in the championship, sign Chopra and or Carlton Cole, play DMG right wing, a 4-1-3-2 formation with wotton holding and morgan in front of him, get a decent CB (i signed Hernani, awesome for 190k) and your laughing, promoted first season, via the play offs though of course

So, do you have a flat back four, a defensive midfielder then three midfielders across thehalfway line (in the formation screen) or pushed up in attacking midfield positions? Can you post a screen shot? How are you setting up the team in the instructions menus?

even when he was on the old patch' date=' he allways needed a bloody permit, how long did you wait to sign him Stevo?[/quote']

January transfer window- £190k

So, do you have a flat back four, a defensive midfielder then three midfielders across thehalfway line (in the formation screen) or pushed up in attacking midfield positions? Can you post a screen shot? How are you setting up the team in the instructions menus?

Flat back 4, one CB with a back arrow

DM just infront, 3 midfielders across the half way line as it were on the instructions screen. wingers arrowed forwards.

High tempo, little time wasting, low creativity, short passing, use Cole as target man if you have him. DMG right mid is another good ploy, averaged 8 over a 10game period out there for me.

if i remember, ill grab a screen shot when i am on the other P.C (loaded on there) but that should explain it hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only bugger plodding along with Eastleigh?

Last night Rupert Lowe said that the parent club thing wasnt working and now I can loan most players from Saints ressies. Looking good for at least the playoffs after 3 years in the Blue Square South. Got some really good lads in.

Come on you spitfires.

I'm in for the longhaul Dell Days.

I got promoted in my 4th season with the mighty Eastleigh - won the title on the last day (McLaggon, McNish and Goeburn were particularly good for me) and am now I'm fighting off relegation in the Blue Square Prem - should do it although I've made Pompey my feeder club now because the Saints youngsters available were tosh. Just turned coaches and first teamers full-time pros.

Get through this season and then I'll get a few good strikers in ready for a promo push next season.

Picked up a few good younsters on frees from Neath and play them as amateurs so pay them nothing!

I can confirm that Hernani is class and that he is on the new patch. Pretty sure his other nationality is Polish or something similar so you shoudn't have too many problems gettin a WP. Maybe wrong though.

After starting my first season very badly and lying in 24th place till mid october, all my new players are finally startin to gel and I'm now making a promotion push.

******* Rupert Lowe stepped in and accepted a 1.5m bid for Surman from Everton! Need a good cheap left winger now.

My team:

--------Lita----Lewandoski (sp?)-----

Holmes-----Borges--------Sanmaetan

----------Schneiderlin---------------

Mills----Hernani----Diawara----Martis

------------Davis------------

Currently at the end of the 2011/2012 season on my England game. Managed the national team from the start, not lost a game so far, won the world cup and just about to head into the European Championships. Was offered the job at Man Utd at the end of the 2010/2011 season but turned it down to concentrate on qualifying for the Euro's, but was offered again a few weeks ago and accepted it.

Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor are two very good youngsters, both pacy, skillful and with an eye for goal. Young has scored 10 goals in his last 14 games for England, not bad considering he's playing on the left wing! Agbonlahor has scored 12 goals in 25 games too. Rooney is always injured and Owen is cack, so James Vaughan seems to be Agbonlahor's strike partner, he's very good too. Guiseppe Rossi of Villareal is a class act too, extremely good stats. Mario Gomez has won the World Footballer of the Year three years running. These are definately all players to pick up if you have a big transfer budget like I now have at United! :D

Hope you're all enjoying surviving precariously in whatever league with Saints!

Hugo 1k from Desportivo

Mascio 100k from Cisco Roma

Micheal Morton - South African RW/B DM for around 100k

Carlos Tordoya - Bolivian CB for 150k

Hamed Diomandé - Ivory Coast CB for 100k

In order of brilliance, they all get work permits easily as well. All can do a job in the championship and the first three are brilliant in the prem as well.

Highest PA possible is 200 and has been like that for years and years :)

Really?

Why was Walcott PA -175 on FM 2007 then :rolleyes: or am I being a retard?

I shall go take a look at the 2007 database, just to make sure....

If you're right however, it is obviously worth keeping Lallana, Morgan, Thomson etc as they will be some of the best players in the game.

Quick question - as a researcher, are you allowed to suggest new features for future games?

Really?

Why was Walcott PA -175 on FM 2007 then :rolleyes: or am I being a retard?

I shall go take a look at the 2007 database, just to make sure....

If you're right however, it is obviously worth keeping Lallana, Morgan, Thomson etc as they will be some of the best players in the game.

Quick question - as a researcher, are you allowed to suggest new features for future games?

Potential ability is from 1 being the lowest upto 200 being the best. If Walcott was 175 on FM07 then that means he can potentiallly become very good indeed(he has a higher PA on FM09 now).

There is also a - scale for younger players where potential ability is put within a range rather than an exact figure. e.g. -10 means that the PA can be random each time you load a new game from 170-200. A PA of -9 would be 150-180, -8 would be 130-160 etc etc

I can suggest new features to the development team, but then so can anyone on the SI forums.

Potential ability is from 1 being the lowest upto 200 being the best. If Walcott was 175 on FM07 then that means he can potentiallly become very good indeed(he has a higher PA on FM09 now).

There is also a - scale for younger players where potential ability is put within a range rather than an exact figure. e.g. -10 means that the PA can be random each time you load a new game from 170-200. A PA of -9 would be 150-180, -8 would be 130-160 etc etc

I can suggest new features to the development team, but then so can anyone on the SI forums.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well then, can I suggest that they add "asking price" to the filters when searching for a player? Bloody annoying having to look at every single players profile to see if I can afford them.

Hugo 1k from Desportivo

Mascio 100k from Cisco Roma

Micheal Morton - South African RW/B DM for around 100k

Carlos Tordoya - Bolivian CB for 150k

Hamed Diomandé - Ivory Coast CB for 100k

In order of brilliance, they all get work permits easily as well. All can do a job in the championship and the first three are brilliant in the prem as well.

Can't find hugo, where is his club from?