FM 2009 Best Players

saint_stevo

i am struggling in the prem, was given only 1.3m to spend!

Picked up a few frees but need a good CB and CM and possibly another ST all for little or no money people!

Signed some Israeli striker for 300k who is amazing. Dont remember his name though, began with a 'G' i believe

I am doing sheet at the moment, think my first season will be about consolation in the CCC to mount my attack on the title next year. I have a very young squad.

Been experimenting with formations though as I cannot seem to keep a clean sheet.

Now playing two upfront aswell.

----------- Chopra ------ Mifsud -----------

Holmes - Sanmaetan (sp)/Yildirim - Ljungberg

-----------Binya ----- Schneirerlin ----------

Insua ------------ Rapnik ------------- Cork

------------------Davis---------------------

Its finally coming together and I think I will manage about mid table this year. Signed Hernani who is to join in Jan and also some young Lazio LB which will be my first choice next year. Has very high potential too.

3 at the back is helm.

4 at the back, wotton holding midfield, 3 infront surman/holes on the left, schnedier in the middle with sanmartan/mcgoldrick on the right. 2 up top, i signed Lita and played him with Mifsud, nice.

Hernani is amazing

I have sold Surman to raise spondooleys to buy the others.

If I play 4 at the back it would be:

Insua -- Rapnik -- Cork -- James

But I would still want to play 2 upfront:

Chopra -- Mifsud

meaning I have 4 more positions to fill with the following players:

Schneiderlin DM/MC

Binya: DM/MC

Sanmartan AMRC

Yildirim AMC

Ljungberg AMR

Holmes AML

Merida AML

McGoldrick AMRC ST

Wooton DM/DC

Gasmi AMRL

Suggestions?

What would you also do about the coaching? In previous games I have fired all coaches, and started from scratch getting the best coaches specified to each field (like Shooting, Ball Control and Tactics).

Saints will only allow 6 coaches.

I would need one for the following:

Strength

Areobic

Tactic

Defending

Attacking

Ball Control

Shooting

Set Pieces

Goalkeeping

So I need 9 coaches!

i just left the coaches as they were. players got knackered quickly, so use subs sparingly and listen to Wotte when he says to sub people, do it!

Can have 10 coaches now in the premier league, so i'm sorted.

Play Holmes left, Merida CM and McGoldrick on the Right with Schniderman DM. Try it.

I am doing sheet at the moment, think my first season will be about consolation in the CCC to mount my attack on the title next year. I have a very young squad.

Been experimenting with formations though as I cannot seem to keep a clean sheet.

Now playing two upfront aswell.

----------- Chopra ------ Mifsud -----------

Holmes - Sanmaetan (sp)/Yildirim - Ljungberg

-----------Binya ----- Schneirerlin ----------

Insua ------------ Rapnik ------------- Cork

------------------Davis---------------------

Its finally coming together and I think I will manage about mid table this year. Signed Hernani who is to join in Jan and also some young Lazio LB which will be my first choice next year. Has very high potential too.

Play only 1 CB and you are going to concede goals, try an actual formation and you might do ok.

He's not interested, mate. Do i need a certain amount in the bank for him to be interested? Or do i need to be in the prem?

I was mid table championship club in season 1 when i bought him, him at CB coincided with my run to finishing 6th and winning the playoffs. Cost only £190k, now worth £5m.

Where are you in season/league/position?

I was mid table championship club in season 1 when i bought him, him at CB coincided with my run to finishing 6th and winning the playoffs. Cost only £190k, now worth £5m.

Where are you in season/league/position?

1st season (In January in the game) - About 14th in the league.

It may help if i had more spondoolies in the bank. Aalborg took up the option of the 800k on Saga but he rejected - But I've now managed to get Brondby to come in for £2m. (Shame i only get 60% of it).

Against my better judgement I bought this game a few days ago. It's nowhere near as good as FM08 or any of its predecessors, but i'm enjoying spending all of Man City's money.

If you get into the position where you have a huge transfer budget in the future, I recommend you get Oscar Cardozo. Got him for £7m, he's got amazing stats (Finishing 17, Free Kicks 19, Long Shots 20, Heading 19) and he's scored bags of goals for me so far.

Man City are still sitting mid-table though, despite spending over £75m on transfers. :(

Managed to sign Andrea Russotto (AMR/C) on a free at the end of the first season on my Hearts game to replace Larry Kingston and he's been absoulte class. Joel Ekstrand looks like a good centre back but Karipidis and Berra are ahead of him at the moment in my game. Saban Ozdogan looks like a promising midfielder as well. Lung jr is amazing in goal.

I have just completed my first season with AFC Bouremouth.

My best signings were Dave Brammer (free), Stuart Fleetwood (free), Dean Bowditch (loan), Jerome Bigard (free), Gabriel Zakuani (loan)

Jerome's a fantastic man, he really is.

Managed Scotland for 5 years and then took over at Coventry and took them from League 2 (!?!) to the CCC in 2 seasons, then took over at Ghana.

John Fleck (AMLC, ST) from Rangers is one to watch. He'll be 16 or 17 at the start of the game, so you ought to be able to poach/loan him. Darren Smith from Motherwell is also quite a good player at CCC/League 1 level and is relatively cheap. James Walker (AMR, ST) is also a good buy from Southend, again relatively cheap.

2021! jesus thats a long game! i rarely do more than 4 or 5 seasons i cant stand the fake players that make their way into the game. still Man U and Liverpool in the championship must be fun.

You could argue it's better when there are fake players, as it's a lot harder to judge their ability.

2021! jesus thats a long game! i rarely do more than 4 or 5 seasons i cant stand the fake players that make their way into the game. still Man U and Liverpool in the championship must be fun.

i'm a student i have **** all else to do in the day.

As i said in an earlier post playing with saints,

Played 18 and lying in 12th place. After things were looking up my 2 best players Rodrigo Possebon and Lewis Buxton had to both go back as their loans finished and can't get them again this season!. Badly in need of a goalscorer, got Kevin Phillips coming in January aswell as Dwight Yorke to try and steady the ship out.

Doing OK i think just can't wait to see if Phillips can deliver. Could have had Diego Tristan in on a free but couldn't afford Wages,Appearance Fees etc etc.

Also had to send Insua back to Liverpool after he was injured and out for up to 4 months (3 month loan).

Badly in need of a goalscorer, got Kevin Phillips coming in January aswell as Dwight Yorke to try and steady the ship out.

Goals do seem to be a precious commodity on 09, mate.

Starting the 3rd season with Saints (still in CCC) - But have a real young squad and they're getting better every season.

Goals have a been hard to come by though.... Got Jose Baxter from Everton for 3.8m (but he's not gonna come good for another season or so). Had Welbeck on loan from Utd who was pretty good when he hit form (only 12 goals though).

Signed Christian Nade from Hearts, and he's started the season brightly.

Keep us posted on what's going on with your team.

Goals do seem to be a precious commodity on 09, mate.

Starting the 3rd season with Saints (still in CCC) - But have a real young squad and they're getting better every season.

Goals have a been hard to come by though.... Got Jose Baxter from Everton for 3.8m (but he's not gonna come good for another season or so). Had Welbeck on loan from Utd who was pretty good when he hit form (only 12 goals though).

Signed Christian Nade from Hearts, and he's started the season brightly.

Keep us posted on what's going on with your team.

I will do mate, same too you. It's always interesting to hear/see how different people are getting on with Saints. Looks like Stern John is coming into a bit of form 3 in 3 and grabbed a winner in the last 10 minutes to beat 2nd placed Birmingham 1-0 at home, (Was well impressed with that result). I think if i can just get to January in a comfortable sort of 8th or 9th position then the back end of the season could be interesting. Just got Tottenham as my parent club but Can't get anyone on loan from them at the moment.

I will do mate, same too you. It's always interesting to hear/see how different people are getting on with Saints. Looks like Stern John is coming into a bit of form 3 in 3 and grabbed a winner in the last 10 minutes to beat 2nd placed Birmingham 1-0 at home, (Was well impressed with that result). I think if i can just get to January in a comfortable sort of 8th or 9th position then the back end of the season could be interesting. Just got Tottenham as my parent club but Can't get anyone on loan from them at the moment.

I got Utd as my Parent club. And signed Aldershot up as a feeder club (Ideal for when you bring in youngsters that cant quite get in the team).

I gambled big-time with my strikers 1st season. Let Stern go (was top earner) and hoped McGoldrick would do the trick - Which he did. Just wanted to stay up 1st season. The 2nd season was even more of a gamble. Basically about 20 clubs wanted Morgan Schneiderlin and i'd been in the situation before (Whereby they start bidding low and keep working up, and the board accept a pretty small bid) - So I offered him to clubs for 7.5m, with me getting a large percentage of sell on. West Ham took the bait. Shame, as he's a top player on it - But it was the only way to finance my 5 year master plan ;)

im a student too but i have loads of files with loads of teams i just find it hard to keep plodding on with one team i spose. but back to topic, scarpolli i think thats how you spell it french guy up front for chateroux i pretty good as well as jerome lafourcade for ESTAC.

in the championship, sign Chopra and or Carlton Cole, play DMG right wing, a 4-1-3-2 formation with wotton holding and morgan in front of him, get a decent CB (i signed Hernani, awesome for 190k) and your laughing, promoted first season, via the play offs though of course

Prince Bauben from Dundee United.

Ghana midfielder - 20 years old.

Available for around 800k.

Regarded as a definite purchase by Mark Wotte.

Just gave a debut to him in pre-season away at Eastleigh. I Know it's only Eastleigh, but a hat-trick from CM and an assist is good going.