Groundsharing - it's time has come...

Guided Missile

I love the way football supporters flap around like little fish when they read things they hate. Read the last sentence but one again.

It's got nothing to do with reading things they don't like (Personal insults are infractional by the way) it's just the whole logistics, politics, economics, etc etc don't work, could never work, wouldnt work in 3008 let alone now. If you really think it's something for the future, i'd check into the priory......Nothing to do with rivalry, more the maths.

I love it when mods flap like fish, after they post stupid things :D

Frankly I can't believe this thread. A supposed Saints fan suggesting ground sharing with the Skates and finding support for this point of view!!!. The world's gone bloody mad. Having in an intense rivalry with that lot is one of the defining characteristics if a Saints fan. Ground sharing with them is anathema to this. It's not the same as Milan as that's the same city and historically acceptable. This idea should never be acceptable to a Saints fan. Ever! It would be like sharing you wife with Hitler or Fred West. Unbelievable!!

...someone from SLH, please sit down with the Pompey board and discuss this issue, FFS.

Surely Fratton Park can be sold for housing when the property market recovers, and this will help Pompey.

Renting St. Mary's to Pompey for their home games will also help us. Increased matchday income all round and both clubs will stand a far better chance of surviving the economies of football and yet....I have a feeling this eminently sensible solution to the financial problem facing both clubs will die at the feet of knuckle dragging, rabid, shortsighted fanatics.

Surely if AC and Inter Milan can share grounds, we can. Jeez, for the local derby between our clubs we would sell 45,000 tickets, more than paying for the added security.

In fact, a lot of people from the M27 corridor from Chichester to Bournemouth, from the M3 corridor from Southampton to Basingstoke would go every week to see both teams. 45,000 capacity would be needed...and we may even end up with both clubs dominating the Premiership. Who knows?

Frankly I can't believe this thread. A supposed Saints fan suggesting ground sharing with the Skates and finding support for this point of view!!!. The world's gone bloody mad. Having in an intense rivalry with that lot is one of the defining characteristics if a Saints fan. Ground sharing with them is anathema to this. It's not the same as Milan as that's the same city and historically acceptable. This idea should never be acceptable to a Saints fan. Ever! It would be like sharing you wife with Hitler or Fred West. Unbelievable!!

Ease up! Itler and Freddy Boy were both assholes:smt112

There is no sense of humour when it comes to the skates. Intense rivalry doesn't allow for humour. It's serious and should be in your red and white blood as a Saints fan. One of the reasons the fans have fallen away so quickly since we've been relegated is a lack of passion and attachment to the club and a lack of appreciation of just what it means to support the Saints i.e. loyalty through thick and thin, help one another like brothers (and sisters), intense dislike of all things skate, keeness to travel, sing your head off, etc.

No not unbelieveable when it might keep us out of administration and provide cash to progress.

Better to share a ground than to see the Club die.