We can't gloat often -enjoy Reading's predictions!

NickG

lol that forum is FAF.

Reading fans care about us too much. :confused:

They mean absolutely fook all to me, and I've never considered it to be any other way with Saints fans.

Small time cvnts.

I'm not really concerned about them. I don't really consider them rivals, but after seeing their arrogance on various forums, it was so sweet beating them today.

This makes for more interesting readin, as like people people point out, our fans were predicting massive losses for us the same as the Royals fans were predicting massive wins for them!

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82446

A fair bit of praise for Saints in there, if you can find it! Seems the same old thing however, opposition lose to Saints, and blame it on their team having an off day and not playing well - no credit ever seems to be given to Saints for stopping others teams from playing!

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82390

are we going to beat saints 5,6,7 or 8 nil ?

Be fair to that "Jackson's corner" poster though - he got the score spot on ;)

What annoys me, and what I get from all my mates since I live in Reading, is they always call us "big club Southampton" after Nigel Quashie said we were the best team in the league - they have this opinion that, all Saints fans have been in complete agreement with him since he said it.

They should take a closer look at this forum!

I'm going to properly enjoy work tomorrow!!!

Some of their more balanced fans give us some credit this morning (the majority just say their team were sh*t) ..

I didn't mind losing today, but what really surprised me was what a good team Southampton were, they played us off the park. Quite why they are down near the bottom of the division is a mystery if they can play like that.

When we got back into it and had some momentum they just kept the ball, pass after pass, and throw in after throw in until our frustration showed and we just gave the ball back to them.

Their tactics stifled our wingers, and then we look like an ordinary team with fragile confidence that is incapable of making the simplest pass.

Having said that, Doyler could of equalised it with this free header at the end, but in fairness that would have been a travesty given how we'd played.

and another ...

Well maybe that thrashing today will do us some favours in the long term. We're not Brazil - we were closer to being Barnet today - so we were never going to go through the long season unbeaten at home in such a competitive league. It might bring some amongst us down to earth too; three wins on the spin had already toasting promotion it seemed and some of the fanciful predictions on another thread belied Southampton's good away form and the fact that we simply aint nowehere near as good as some of you think we are.

Southampton were one of the few teams to come to Reading and try and pass the ball about, and just like against Doncaster and the second half against Swansea we truly struggled. Some of their movement, passing and little flicks were a joy to behold and they were a class above us all game. No complaints at all today - the referee performed well and Southampton played honestly and openly. My only reservations tonight are with the management; Harper on for 80 anonymous minutes? No half time changes having been played off the park in an ineffective opening 45 minutes? Long on for half an hour of the usual honest endeavour with negligible quality? The players can take a look at themselves too; Hahnemann inexplicably failing to come for the first cross for the opening goal for instance, Bikey's showboating bordering on sloppiness. And there is a complete absence of leaders on the pitch for Reading when things go badly wrong as they did today. Not good to watch, but a timely reminder that we aren't head and shoulders above this division like we were 3 years ago.

their arrogance is what ours was like when we went down

1. When you say ours, you mean a certain portion of the fan base. I never expected us to go up the first season down because I just didn't think Saints knew how to win consistently, if that makes sense.

2. Doesn't make it any less sweet seeing another set of fans with egg on their face after their predictions, even if we thought the same.