Newcastle - flying

saintrich

• 2 weeks later...
Looks likely it'll go to general sale. Think we've sold between 1000 and 1500 now given they were selling block K yesterday (one of the middle blocks in the away allocation).

I bought mine on Monday,BLock LK7- if that means anything.

GS Im sure the ticket office will tell you how many are sold if you phone them , but I cant imagine they wont make general sale tomorrow.

Yep they had website problems - called them and they resolved so purchased my tickets :)

Guy said there is loads left

I'm surprised we haven't sold them quicker really. It's probably the best away day outside London. I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't take 2000.

Don't think they've ever announced what our allocation actually is. It's another example of the stupid way clubs allocate tickets, as I don't think Newcastle are close to selling out.

It's crazy, I guess Newcastle will have said something like the usaul 'if you want the next batch it's a minimum x-amount of tickets paid for up front non-returnable' and Saints, who wont make any significant money out of an away fixture will say 'thanks but no thanks'.

With a week before the game still there's little doubt we could have sold more but it's ultimately the Geordies missing out on the extra revenue if this is the case.

It's crazy, I guess Newcastle will have said something like the usaul 'if you want the next batch it's a minimum x-amount of tickets paid for up front non-returnable' and Saints, who wont make any significant money out of an away fixture will say 'thanks but no thanks'.

With a week before the game still there's little doubt we could have sold more but it's ultimately the Geordies missing out on the extra revenue if this is the case.

Yeah thats what I mean, stupid way of doing things, but a lot of clubs seem to do it. Just another way of pushing away support out of the game altogether.

We have 4 blocks according to their site, so whatever that equals.

Went on a tour of St James' when we were staying up north for the United/Wigan games, the tour guide said full allocation for away fans is 5 blocks (Reading had just been and had only 1 block, lol). So based on full allocation being 3,000 we'll have about 2,600 with 4 blocks taken.

Went on a tour of St James' when we were staying up north for the United/Wigan games, the tour guide said full allocation for away fans is 5 blocks (Reading had just been and had only 1 block, lol). So based on full allocation being 3,000 we'll have about 2,600 with 4 blocks taken.

do you mean 2,400?

3000 / 5 = 600

600 x 4 = 2,4000

PI = 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510

Say take a couple of hundred out for segregation and that's still bloody impressive from us.

About time our support started travelling north of Birmingham.

It seems like dropping to League 1 reinvigorated our away support. It's rare we don't take good numbers anywhere these days.

Gutted this has sold out. Although a s/t holder I was waiting to find out if I was being offered a job ( 12 months without one )this week, which I have.

Would be grateful for a spare if anyone has one?

Congratulations on the job (been in a similar situation)

I might have a spare one (my teeth are playing up and am on a ton of antibiotics, so it's touch and go whether I'll make it. A group is taking the ticket up). I'll have a clearer idea on Thursday/Friday, so PM me then. But if another one comes up in the meantime, take that.

Edited by shurlock