Chelsea are right

lordswoodsaints

a mate of mine is a sunderland fan..and has been doing loads of away games

he was at sms the other week and said by a mile, the worst atmosphere he has seen this season from opposing fans

he was very disappointed considering how big the game was

My sunderland supporting mate who has been to like millions of games , says if saints were away they would have utterly outsung more and chelsea would have been more subdued. Also my sunderland supporting mate said you are a bit of a bell end ,have to agree ,god i'm so utterly ashamed to be saints :(

Because they were so original.

'your grounds too big for you'

'here there they're every f*cking where, empty seats'

'here for the Chelsea'

'play up Pompey'

'Small town in Portmsouth'

'is there a fire drill'

Never heard any of them before.

All atmospheres are sh*t now. That is modern football for you. Don't you dare stand, don't you dare say anything nasty, don't you dare have a couple of beers before hand.

spot on matey

Sat in the Itchen North for the first time in years as I was moved from the Northam (no idea why by the way, our seats were left empty and unimpeded by netting!) and it was f*cking abysmal. Knew it was going to be appalling as soon as the whistle went for kick-off and everyone sat down.

Tried to get an atmosphere going for 20 minutes but gave up after that, nobody wanted to join in.

Won't be sitting there again.

This. Northam seat not available so tried itchen north and it was awful.

Because they were so original.

'your grounds too big for you'

'here there they're every f*cking where, empty seats'

'here for the Chelsea'

'play up Pompey'

'Small town in Portmsouth'

'is there a fire drill'

Never heard any of them before.

All atmospheres are sh*t now. That is modern football for you. Don't you dare stand, don't you dare say anything nasty, don't you dare have a couple of beers before hand.

Spot on. The atmosphere at Stamford Bridge is never one to write home about. You go to most matches and the away fans will be far livelier than the home fans.

Our support is Fookin ****

Very low key today even when we were winning

Nothing original and it was embarrassing to see just how crap we are at singing

As for those that left with 30 minutes to go shame on you.

4.5K Chelsea fans in the Northam, in our singing end, taking away our area. Away from home, Cup game etc, and you moan. Their support is Fookin **** at home, no atmosphre, over priced etc. Our support is good at home and away, shame on you.

a mate of mine is a sunderland fan..and has been doing loads of away games

he was at sms the other week and said by a mile, the worst atmosphere he has seen this season from opposing fans

he was very disappointed considering how big the game was

Absolute B@llocks.

Our support was poor, no doubt about it. We're stuck with where the away fans are, so can't do anything about that, but the club haven't helped the Itchen North get going with what they've done to block 3. As others have mentioned, what I really hate is the double standards of our police and stewarding, seem to let away fans get away with what they want and come down on Saints fans like a ton of bricks for the smallest of things.

I thought it was a strange atmosphere yesterday. I sat in my normal seat and there were hardly any regulars arond me, my drinking partners, who sit in various areas said the same after the game. Sat near me there were clearly tourist type fans, who weren't as passionate. I can't remember being so meh about a competitive game, even when we were winning i couldn't really get into it. I stopped going to friendlies because of the same feeling and I'll defo think twice about cup games, unless it's the skates. It's sad really because i used to love the cup, but it's a big "so what" now.

As for the Chelsea fans, the bounce thing was great, but other than that weren't any different than any big sides away cup support.

Must admit that Chelse blocked in the Northam like that gave them a massive advantage...

Most Saints area split and shouted down by over officious stewards led by some really jobsworth supervisors..

As posted on other fred..My group /SECTION GAVE UP NOT LONG AFTER WE SCORED...

sTEWARDS REALLY THREATENING...to my daughter and this old law abiding supporter..

BARSTEWARDS clamped down on us until we stopped singing...

We had to stand coz they could not sit those many rows in front of us..........BARSTEWARDS spoilt the game and any chance of atmosphere.....

quite a few family and friends are stewards...The barstewards...and will tell you that only following orders......

Sheeeeer number of Chelsea supporters had to be contained and NOT confronted.........

Saints support is mainly criticised...unfairly in my opinion.....

Are some of my fellow posters REALLY Saints supporters?...barstewards:rolleyes:

ALSO SWATHES OF CHELSEA SUPPORTERS IN SAINTS SECTION........

In my section I counted about 20......I got bored when being told to sit down for the tenth time and trying to explain we could not SEE....BARSTEWARDS THE LOT OF THEM..:p

Edited by ottery st mary

I sat in my normal seat in the Kingsland stand (Northam end) and there were probably up to 50% different people around me. Several Saints fans (including myself) tried their best to get behind the team but it was a losing battle. For the critics, please don't tar everyone with the same brush. There were still a lot of passionate fans trying their best (even singing when 5-1 down) but with the club handing nearly the entire Northam end to Chelsea, it was always going to be a struggle. Saints fans were singing at 1-0 and 1-1 but the goal at half-time knocked the stuffing out of everyone, including the team and it all went downhill pretty much thereon. Our support at home is generally pretty decent and contrary to some on here, St Mary's can produce a great atmosphere given the right circumstances. After the Newcastle game, a Geordie fan on the way home said that "that place can really rock when you get behind the team". It's a shame that it doesn't happen that often (something to do with not winning as often as we used to) but it is not for the want of trying by the pasionate fans - it's just that the majority of the ground don't join in unless we are winning.

As for comments about Sunderland's support, from where I was it was pretty good. Are you detractors going to make the 650 mile round trip to show how good you are when we play them in May? As for Stoke, they do produce an excellent atmosphere all around the ground. They were quiet when 3-1 down in the first half - they were in total shock! However when they came out for the second half the noise was deafening and they were right behind their team. A lot of you are too quick to slag off our own and other's support - anyone would think that you don't go to that many games!

Thought Chelsea's away support was class. Made plenty of noise, setting of smoke-bombs and bangers when they scored.

It's funny how the best away supports around like Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and the like are virtually entirely made up of blokes enjoying a day out on the lash. Unlike ours which is awash with women and jester hat wearing dullards who won't travel North of London.

Thought Chelsea's away support was class. Made plenty of noise, setting of smoke-bombs and bangers when they scored.

It's funny how the best away supports around like Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and the like are virtually entirely made up of blokes enjoying a day out on the lash. Unlike ours which is awash with women and jester hat wearing dullards who won't travel North of London.

Completely agree, our away support is full of Christmas trees who get to the match off the bus at 1450 and depart at 1700 to be back home for a half a mild, I am doing Wigan away and thats a belting place for a booze up but suspect 7 Saints fans on the lash that day............