Likely potential transfers probably won't be allowed to play v Man Utd.

derry

It is very possible that the management won't be allowed to pick any player that is likely to be sold. Being cup tied, may devalue, or make the player a poorer proposition. Especially as football is very much a short term, here and now game.

Lets be honest players like Lallana & Surman if they are sold to a prem club in January they will not be anywhere near regular first teamers, bench at very best. If a club want a player that badly they're not buying them for the FA Cup.

Don't the Premier teams play mixed teams including young players in the early rounds? The best teams usually use all second stringers.

Don't the Premier teams play mixed teams including young players in the early rounds? The best teams usually use all second stringers.

Yes they do but a club wouldn't be put off from buying a young prospect just because he was cup tied.

I don't think there are Prem managers thinking "I need to buy some young players for my FA Cup squad".

They either want to buy, say, Lallana or they don't. Whoever buys Lallana is going to stick them on the bench at best so being cup tied isn't really going to make that much difference and certainly not a deal breaker.

It is very possible that the management won't be allowed to pick any player that is likely to be sold. Being cup tied, may devalue, or make the player a poorer proposition. Especially as football is very much a short term, here and now game.

Yet another scaremongering statement with absolutely no foundation being put up to run down the club?

Looking at the situation then, I would like to step forward and offer my services on either the right wing, or striker. :smt100

Yet another scaremongering statement with absolutely no foundation being put up to run down the club?

So who was it in the last week said we were going to sell players in the transfer window?

David Jones, Financial Director!

I would have thought that it is probable the club have already carried out negotiations to try and a) sell their high earners and b) failing that any players that other clubs would buy.

They would then be hardly likely play them in the cup.

Yes they do but a club wouldn't be put off from buying a young prospect just because he was cup tied.

I don't think there are Prem managers thinking "I need to buy some young players for my FA Cup squad".

They either want to buy, say, Lallana or they don't. Whoever buys Lallana is going to stick them on the bench at best so being cup tied isn't really going to make that much difference and certainly not a deal breaker.

However if the deal is already done I would be surprised if any player going is cup tied.

I do know up to last week neither Lallana/Surman, their families or agents had been approached. That is provided they were not letting on.

Sorry but the argument doesn't stack up for me. Really cannot see this being an issue for any potential buyers.

It's hardly as though the players that are likely to be sold are in the 'Theo' mold. I could see a manager perhaps not wanting him to be cup tied, however whilst our current youngsters are promising - there are no diamonds in there. If they are wanted by other clubs - I doubt very much that that clubs manager is worried that they will not be available for FA cup games.