Have you pre-ordered a next gen games console?

pap

And if so, which one and why.

No and don't intend to until the prices become realistic. When they do I'll get a PS4 having always had Sony. My nipper will keep his Xbox 360 until all his mates have swapped over to the One but none are in a rush as none of their games will be playable.

My PS3 & MW Ghosts will keep me happy for a few more years.

No.

And based on the second hand market of the Xbox One being a dead duck and my reluctance to trust Sony after their security issues, it looks like my days of console ownership are reaching their end.

Joining the PC gaming revolution, Col? :)

Joining the PC gaming revolution, Col? :)

The only PC game I play is Football Manager. Real life is crowding out time for most other games..... although any future Mass Effect games will have a really heavy draw!

Will get a PS4 when the Final Fantasy comes out on it , like I have the PS2 and 3 before - sad I know but I love those games.

We have a Wii U and despite what the criotics have said we love it , yes its more 'kiddified' but Lego City is awesome and makes good use of the game pad. It will grow as the software gets written for it .

Xbox - I'll wait and see, my boy tells me it scans to see how many people are watching a film and charges per head - is that right? - he is only 12 so may be making it up of course

Will get a PS4 when the Final Fantasy comes out on it , like I have the PS2 and 3 before - sad I know but I love those games.

We have a Wii U and despite what the criotics have said we love it , yes its more 'kiddified' but Lego City is awesome and makes good use of the game pad. It will grow as the software gets written for it .

Xbox - I'll wait and see, my boy tells me it scans to see how many people are watching a film and charges per head - is that right? - he is only 12 so may be making it up of course

I had a 360 within a month of launch, and was very happy with that level of service. I'm not too keen on the XBOX ONE ( already dubbed the "XBone" by internet wags ) this time around. I really don't like the idea of an always on camera, nor the idea that your console might charge you money for extra licences in the scenario you describe. The pre-owned thing doesn't bother me personally as much as it might, but I think if I go for anything this year, it'll be the PS4.

We already have the Wii U in the house. It'll be fine, but it'll be collecting dust until Nintendo bring their real big hitters to it.

isn't that what any company does??

Over the long term, yeah. Makers of games hardware have often been a little different. They'll often sell their machines as a loss leader, as they know they're due a cut on all software as the platform holder. Sony and Microsoft have taken this route in the past. Nintendo used to employ this model, but I think they've made money on every hardware unit since the GameCube.

The pre-owned thing will be a big deal for a lot of customers. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Kinect camera spying on you.

Xbox One, PS4 priced at £599 on Amazon! Both next-generation consoles, which are due to launch this year, have been priced at £599 and are available to pre-order from the online retailer. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a485327/xbox-one-ps4-priced-at-gbp599-on-amazon.html

For that price I think I'll wait and see how they both turn out before i make a decision. Hopefully they will be a lot cheaper in the next couple of years. Its going to take a couple years before there is a decent games library available anyway.

Xbox One, PS4 priced at £599 on Amazon! Both next-generation consoles, which are due to launch this year, have been priced at £599 and are available to pre-order from the online retailer. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a485327/xbox-one-ps4-priced-at-gbp599-on-amazon.html

For that price I think I'll wait and see how they both turn out before i make a decision. Hopefully they will be a lot cheaper in the next couple of years. Its going to take a couple years before there is a decent games library available anyway.

It won't be that. It's a holding price.

Ill prob buy the PS4 on release, most of these things hinge on what platform the majority of your mates have (as thats who you play online etc)

Always liked Sony, have a deep seated hatred on Microsoft (though always loved Halo) so will get a PS4

Hopefully its not quite as much as 600 quid though, else Ill have to do a few more sundays at work