PLC AGM 23/12/08 - 11am

Channon's Sideburns

Just received through my AGM pack - announced as 23rd Dec at 11am.

Unfortunately won't be able to attend as off to Sweden for Xmas that day, but will send my proxy in.

Sorry Rupey and Mikey, you won't be getting my support.

Great choice of date though, 2 days before Xmas....ba$tards.

I would thought it a good date lots of people off work can attend

Just received through my AGM pack - announced as 23rd Dec at 11am.

Unfortunately won't be able to attend as off to Sweden for Xmas that day, but will send my proxy in.

Sorry Rupey and Mikey, you won't be getting my support.

Great choice of date though, 2 days before Xmas....ba$tards.

I'll go in your place if you like

Oooh yes please guv...

Will you be supporting the proposed resolutions at the AGM??

Dragonov...voting for Lowe just because you see no viable alternative is a wasted vote in my view.

Would you vote for Brown in the next election just because you don't approve of Cameron???

Of course not, you look at the bigger picture. Lowe loves people who like to stick with the Status Quo.

BTW, I think the 23rd has been selected because many dissenting voices will not attend due to other committments, THAT'S why I'm against it...it's all more PR bull for the masses (!) of Lowe apologists to cream over.

23rd, lots of people out of town on their way to celebrating the Holidays? Perfect choice if you want to minimize dissent.

BTW, Draganov, voting for Ru**rt and Quisling because you want stability? I hate to disappoint you (NOT!) but count the number of coaches/managers he has hired and fired over his time at Saints (and the average time of their stay with us), or maybe count how many good players he sold, or maybe count the number of times that HE himself made the news with stupid comments. Stability my @ss!

Presumably the only resolutions (at the moment!) are the re-election of directors retiring by rotation (if applicable)?

Any more?

No,

there are 6 votes under ordinary business -

1. to recieve the accounts

2. to re-elect Cowen

3. to re-elect Lowe

4. to re-elect Wilde

5. to re-elect Jones

6. to re-appoint BDO Stoy Hayward LLP as Auditors

under Special Business

7. Authority to allot unissued shares

8. Disapplication of statutory pre-emption rights

No,

there are 6 votes under ordinary business -

1. to recieve the accounts

2. to re-elect Cowen

3. to re-elect Lowe

4. to re-elect Wilde

5. to re-elect Jones

6. to re-appoint BDO Stoy Hayward LLP as Auditors

under Special Business

7. Authority to allot unissued shares

8. Disapplication of statutory pre-emption rights

Cheers.

1-6 are essentially procedural.

Any more info on 7 and 8?

PS. I will vote against Wilde being re-elected tho

Congrats Drag, looks like you'll probably have Lowe's Cronies voting with you...

You do know that's what they want to happen right?????

Listen, each to their own and all that, but I don't see what benefit there is to going along with Lowe just because his feet are under the table.

Crouch IS a viable alternative.

What saddens me most is that the togetherness shared amongst all Saints fans after the Sheff Utd days have disappeared into the mists of time....Lowe's return has cast a shadow over the club like a fart in a wedding ceremony.

Before you ask, my support from Crouch (as stated in prev threads) is from the belief (having lived in the Lymington area all of my life) that he can at least PROVE that he is a successful businessman - look at the Lymington Precision Engineering website to scratch the surface of what he has achieved - HIMSELF - no reverse takeovers required.

Would love to know more about resolutions 7 & 8 - another way to increase the power eh??

----

You can never say that you weren't warned. :(

Well I certainly expected the response I got from some of you looking for stability at the club.

But I will pose this to those that ridicule me.

What are the other alternatives we have apart from those currently on the board merry go round. So you want Crouch back in? or whoever has the most shares.

There is no other viable alternative at this time. What happened to the Fulthorpe /Merrington takeover.

There is no alternative. I want all the current parties out from the club as much as everybody else.

So if crouch gets back in. the pictures of trains will be replaced by the lawrie mac picture in the boardroom. Wow that alone inspires me to vote against the proposals .

Lets have Crouch in , on a mandate of bring back the lawrie Mac picture.

I think folk in 1930s Germany supported Hitler because there was no alternative, mate - didn't get them very far in the long run though!

But if Wilde is nto re-elected, then doesn't that mean you will not achieve the stability you crave???

I was thinking that Um......perhaps some people should make up their minds, stability or no stability ? How the hell can you vote to keep one half of the dynamic duo but not the other if you are voting for stability ?

Very strange logic draganov !

I was thinking that Um......perhaps some people should make up their minds, stability or no stability ? How the hell can you vote to keep one half of the dynamic duo but not the other if you are voting for stability ?

Very strange logic draganov !

Me thinks Rupey Baby assumes that he is Hannibal Smith....I bet he 'loves it when a plan comes together'....

Why bother setting a resolution to install Richards if you can get your proxies to vote Wilde out anyway???

Just a thought...

I want a Boardroom with sensible people. Pictures of Teletubbies on the wall would go along way to seeing they wanted what was best for our young fans.

Alternatively I would accept pictures of The Wiggles.

But Please Not Bl..dy Trains or Pictures of Lawrie Mac.

Ah but surely you are missing the bigger picture with the train, who knows its not Thomas the Tank Engine for some of the players, I think that would go nicely with the proposed Teletubbies =p

Ah but surely you are missing the bigger picture with the train, who knows its not Thomas the Tank Engine for some of the players, I think that would go nicely with the proposed Teletubbies =p

You have a very good point. I had forgotten about Thomas, he has been missing for some time...Injured or broken down...He always gave the impression of being a tank....

Come to think of it the kids might like The Thomas The Tank Pictures on the Wall. We could then talk Ringo into giving the club big sposorship money with The Pictures of The Tank Engines advertised all round the ground.

Come on steve.

this ia bit unfair " But if Wilde is to re-elected, then doesn't that mean you will not achieve the stability you crave???

I never trusted wilde when he first came to the fore, I met him at leicester after the game, and it talking to him confirmed my dislike for him. I blame a lot of the problems on him.

Im talking of stability between cowans and lowe. and for the upteenth time I despise the man for the way he has divided the fan base.

\the point I was trying to make re stability. was that yet more in fighting and blood spilling amongst the current board is not helpful..

But if Wilde is not re elected you then have the largest shareholder out of the loop, which IMHO could then lead to more in fighting, which would hardly be the stability you crave.

It would change all the dynamics.

You can't demand stability on one hand and then say you wouldn't mind if Wilde goes!!!

Croch had his chance and failed in my opinion. However in his defence, I think much of the damage of this years financial mis mangement was down to hone and co. Its possible that crouch has become a victim of their mis management as much of his own.

The only period where Crouch had his chance to do anything was January 08 to May 08. That's hardly a fair chance, so I'm not even sure it could be judged a success or a failure.

Even then, the first part of his tenure was clouded by decisions made by the Execs and the latter part overshadowed by the cloud of Wilde and Lowe coming back in.

Re my logic. ok perhaps I was shooting from the hip when i mentioned i didnt

intend to vote for wilde.

Wilde has been the common denominater in recent years, intimating he would side with lowe and then changing sides at the last minute and siding with leon. He sucked up to hone and co bfore chainging his colurs yet again.

Now for what ever his reasons are he has sucked upto lowe. How long before he changes sides again. To me he has no loyalty to anyone but himself.

Therefore in my humble opinion he cannot bring anything remotely stable to the club.

Your recollections are wrong (so maybe that's affecting your assessment of the current position).

Wilde never intimated he would side with Lowe. He was always adamant that Lowe would have to go (remember cut the head off the snake on here). It was Crouch who considered a Board of Unity and was undecided up until the last minute whether or not to go with Wilde and his Board.

Wilde didn't suck up with Hone, he headhunted and appointed him. He then didn't change sides, the entire PLC board would have voted him off if he hadn't jumped.

And as I have said above, if you think dispensing with a Wildewill not affect stability, then you are somewhat naive.

I would counter that the one individual bringing disharmony and unable to provide any stability in recent years is Rupert Lowe.

Of course the 20%+ of that cabal should be represented at the Club, but that does not mean Lowe has to be CEO and/or Chairman. Richards or Cowen would be better candidates for being a representative, and for me an outside independent CEO would be best all round.

Out of interest - how many people would our total sharebase be ( roughly )

Is there a majority major shareholders and thens hundreds of personal small owners ? Does every shareholder ( regardless of share ammounts ) have a say ?

The "major" shareholders account for around 50-60% of the issued capital.

We do not have any major institutional investors any more so this 50-60 is basically the three amigos + Lowe's wrinkly acolytes.

The rest is presumably fans and small investors (of dubious sense!)

Shareholders have voting rights commensurate to the proportion of shares in the company they own. Lowe (+ cronies) and Wilde probably own around 40%.

A couple of things in the accounts that nobody has mentioned (both on the bottom of page 34)

25 Post Balance Sheet Events

Since the end of the financial year, Lowe FC Limited has contracted for the sale of various players. The net profit on sale of players is approx £2.1M. These transfers will be accounted for in the year ended 30/06/2009

One was Davies for £1.5M to Stoke, where is the other £0.6M coming from? (or is this something already agreed for January).

Since the period end, an amount of £567,000 has been received, following a revised assessment of the rateable value of SMS. This amount has not been included in these financial statements due to the uncertainty of its receipt at the balance sheet date.

I spoke to Andy O after the Radio Solent event in August 2007 and he said they had appealed against the rates of £1.6M a year, and I think everyone knows these things take time, so this has probably been going on for some time.

However this seems a strange statement in the accounts. ?

Did Lowe FC Ltd know they were getting this £0.5M rebate as of June 2008 but waited until the cheque arrived in the post so that it could be held over until next year accounts ?

A couple of things in the accounts that nobody has mentioned (both on the bottom of page 34)

25 Post Balance Sheet Events

One was Davies for £1.5M to Stoke, where is the other £0.6M coming from? (or is this something already agreed for January).

Safri, Baseya? Payments due on other deals?

Not sure if it has been mentioned , that lowe and co would not get more than 1 years loss of earnings if he was ousted. Does that mean the others got more than 1 years severence pay.

Why should lowe and co get 1 years severence. He has had broken service as an employee and sould only be entitled to either 4 weeks notice Statutory if he last fow a full year.

i thought it said none of the directotrs would get more than one years one severance pay? Cant find what page though. However, on page 34 I like the way they have refused to say how much we might possibly be earning from player sales add ons (int. apps etc) but does say how much we might have to pay out, seems a little hypocritcal to me.

However, on page 34 I like the way they have refused to say how much we might possibly be earning from player sales add ons (int. apps etc) but does say how much we might have to pay out, seems a little hypocritcal to me.

Not really, it would be standard accounting practice. Bit like worst case scenario - there's no guarantee that we will receive add-ons (e.g. player gets a career ending injury) but we assume that we'll have to pay add-ons for players we've bought.

I may have missed this though - is there an updated set of accounts out now? I've only seen the original set published last week. I notice there is nothing on the OS yet other than the link from the news on the 24th?