Merc C Class Vs Audi A4 Vs BMW 3 Series

Golden Balls

I've gone and got myself a new job with a car allowance. Originally I was going to buy a car but the rules are the car needs to be under 5 years old and less than 100k which limits me on my budget. Therefore I'm going to lease.

These 3 cars in particular interest me. I'm going to be doing about 15k miles a year. Anyone had much experience with these cars or knows what they're talking about? Pros and cons?

Cheers

Got a 320d. Pros are many, comfortable, great to drive, fairly economical, 45MPG for an automatic, done 40k in it and service costs have been 2 services and a new set of brake pads plus a new set of tyres so pretty good.

The only con is that its rear drive and useless in the snow.

I've had 2 'C' Class over the years, I wouldn't have another. Dull

Looked long and hard at 3-series recently, but put off by servicing costs - maybe not an issue for you, or me even, I just don't like being ripped off.

Never really been interested in Audi.

I am now looking very hard at the Passat, or more likely the CC. The 2-litre petrol models with 6 speed DSG gearbox look like very good cars.

I have a C250 Coupe. Range had a makeover mid last year, got one not long after that.

Pros: Just enough "aggressive" style without being too obvious, great compromise between relaxed comfortable quiet drive and sporty, firmer, pushing on when needed. Auto 7G box is a gem, with conventional and steering wheel paddle manual options if needed. Interior -straight from the new E class - is excellent. Great seats. Not that many around, less than BMW for sure

Cons: not class leading on mpg or emissions (but both plenty enough for me); some say BMW drives more dynamically but I think you may need to drive it pretty hard to notice; power from equivalent engines in BMW and Audi is higher

• 2 months later...
Got a c 250 sport and love it, had a 320 before and got bored of it.

never had an Audi, because the tossers in chandlers ford pee me off so much and I cannot bring myself to give them any money

Interesting what you say about Audi, we have been in Audi 3 times now and never even been acknowledged....I tell a lie, the last time they said the greeter said the salesman would come across as soon as he finished writing his e-mail Lol.

• 1 month later...
Interesting what you say about Audi, we have been in Audi 3 times now and never even been acknowledged....I tell a lie, the last time they said the greeter said the salesman would come across as soon as he finished writing his e-mail Lol.

Indeed. I went to the Audi place in Chandlers Ford looking to try the A3 (potentially A4) with the intention of buying, it felt like I was an inconvenience to them. Just wanted rid of me and my money. Odd.

Anyway, went to the BMW place round the corner. Treated like royalty and they did everything they could (or it seemed it) to get the car at the deal I wanted. Ended up with a 3 series sport. Very pleased Audi were such dicks now. Ended up with a much better car imo.

Have a look at the Skoda range. Forget the past, these are really good cars now. Pop up to Winchester Motor Co. I have a Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.8 TSI. Hidden gem.
the manager and owner are Pompey fans I think you will find

Have a look at the Skoda range. Forget the past, these are really good cars now. Pop up to Winchester Motor Co. I have a Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.8 TSI. Hidden gem.

*yeh, because they are exactly what the op is looking for when he expresses a desire for a premium German car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm going to opt into the car scheme, have £500 a month to spend and the car has to be German, can add up to £100 a month myself so an A5 is a possibility. Guess i'll be looking at similar now then, like the look of the A3 saloon i also like the new Merc CLA 220 CDI. Lovely looking car.

I like the CLA too, unusual and eye catching. This might interest you - some ridiculously good lease deals around, but I imagine you dont get any say in the company scheme. Quite a few people doing personal leases as they are so good at the moment.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/163035-why-dont-more-people-drive-luxury-brands-like-mercedes-bmw.html