Carlos Vela linked to southampton for 20 million

killer fan

Could probably get Astori and Begovic for around that...

Much as I'd like us to get Astori I think this one might be dead, MP was quoted as saying when we signed Lovren that we wanted Astori originally but went for Lovren instead. I hope the club consider a CB a priority as I don't think Fonte is the long term answer, Astori fits the bill but not sure if we still want him. Bergovic would be a superb signing but think bigger clubs than us might want him. Hopefully we can find the new Tim Krul.

Much as I'd like us to get Astori I think this one might be dead, MP was quoted as saying when we signed Lovren that we wanted Astori originally but went for Lovren instead. I hope the club consider a CB a priority as I don't think Fonte is the long term answer, Astori fits the bill but not sure if we still want him. Bergovic would be a superb signing but think bigger clubs than us might want him. Hopefully we can find the new Tim Krul.

would be massively disappointing if we dont bring in another defender.

would be massively disappointing if we dont bring in another defender.

Agreed. The last few weeks have proven that we only have 2 decent centre halves which isn't enough if we had Lovern, plus another like him with Fonte as back up that would be an excellent position to be in. left back I'm not too concerned about, when Clyne is fit he or chambers can fill in at left back for the odd games Shaw misses every now and again.

A huge gamble and for how much, was **** at Arsenal, we would be buying a gamble, Ramirez part three.

Absolutely. Not worth it for us at this time.

But if he did...

Would probably be looking to play him on the left of the 3 if he came. Possible move JRod to the centre.

This

Definately need a long term new CB and GK and TBH we need to be looking at that sooner rather than later, it was an almost acceptable gamble not buying in the summer but without the injuries we would still be in reach of a strong top 8 finish IMO.

Besides, I really cant see us going for another attacking option before the summer rightly or wrongly. Ossie isnt that bad its lack of creation thats hurting in that area (for whomever plays there). Plus I think the Ramirez experiment will snd possibly should (shoot me) rumble on until thr summer too as the kid has serious talent just an inability to apply it right now.

League stats since he moved to Sociedad:

2013-14: 16 games, 8 goals, 5 assists

2012-13: 36 games, 14 goals, 9 assists

2011-12: 35 games, 12 goals, 7 assists

The guy's 24 and turning into an absolute stunner of a player. A three or four year contract would see him reach his peak at Southampton.

I have no idea whether a move is realistic or £20m would be the right price but he is outstanding.