Coventry Fan in Peace...

Skyblueweeman

There's no need to come in peace. We dont exactly have any beef with Cov.

I for one always saw Cov as a sister club. Same year-on-year fight against relegation, same Denmark replica kit between 87 and 89, same solitary FA cup win, similar fanbase size etc etc.

Anyway, signed.

There's no need to come in peace. We dont exactly have any beef with Cov.

I for one always saw Cov as a sister club. Same year-on-year fight against relegation, same Denmark replica kit between 87 and 89, same solitary FA cup win, similar fanbase size etc etc.

Anyway, signed.

Also, my first ever game at the Dell was 8-2 in 84. Whats more, my step mum was friends with Joyn Poynton who was the Cov chairman in 87 and I met him a week before they won the cup.

Thanks once again gents. We really do appreciate it. We're only at the start of this but 6,000 signatures in as many days is a great effort and the momentum is building. Thanks to those who have pushed via social media etc (please continue to do so!). We're still the top trending petition on the government site and have been doing for a few days now.

I can't answer every piece of feedback as I think I only get 3 posts a day (is that normal?) but a couple of points:

* Apologies for the duplication...I admit I didn't check if fellow fans had already posted. We're starting to collate which clubs we've contacted and at what level. For what it's worth, Saints fans (on paper) seemingly are the biggest supporters of the 10 or so clubs we've contacted already.

* Ian Wallace - I won't apologise for him....he was great for us! Before my time mind.

* Someone mentionned about 'not rubbing salt in the wounds' about your promotion game against us. I wasn't there that day but remember watching. If I remember rightly, we gave debuts to a couple of 18 yr olds...a sign of the times.

* That reminds me, I was at the game where you got relegated from the Championship...think it was Burnley at home. I was in the Saints end through work so know how both clubs have been affected by relegation in recent years.

* Someone also said about being clubs of similar stature but we've won more trophies in recent years? We've only ever won one trophy! FA Cup in 1987! Realise it was 74 (?) that you won yours but I think we're the only club in the English League structure, that's not finished in a top 6 position in the past 30 or so years.

* Bender - Sister club...I totally get that.

Anyway, I'm off to take some happy pills. Thanks once again....keep up the great work on the petition!

WM

Does anyone remember who our owners were when SISU were sniffing around us? Coz unlike Cov's previous owner, ours decided these guys were not a good idea for the club. We should be commending Wilde & co (if it was them) for telling SISU where to go surely.

I can't answer every piece of feedback as I think I only get 3 posts a day (is that normal?)

Yes, for most of us, any more and you have to pay a fiver. Really.

For that reason I'm sure many more Saints fans have read you appeal and signed the petition but wont waste a post here. Damn!

I can't declare any soft spot for Cov, looking out for your results, etc. but I do empathise with your predicament as a fellow football fan and one of a club that has suffered the same kind of sh*te we have in recent years, I would do for any club (other than the one on the small island 17 miles east).

Signed and good luck - but that chocolate brown away shirt from back in the 70s was a shocker!

Yes, for most of us, any more and you have to pay a fiver. Really.

For that reason I'm sure many more Saints fans have read you appeal and signed the petition but wont waste a post here. Damn!

I can't declare any soft spot for Cov, looking out for your results, etc. but I do empathise with your predicament as a fellow football fan and one of a club that has suffered the same kind of sh*te we have in recent years, I would do for any club (other than the one on the small island 17 miles east).

Signed and good luck - but that chocolate brown away shirt from back in the 70s was a shocker!

Thanks 100%R+W. I've not seen any stats but I can guarantee that after Cov fans, SFC fans have shown the best support so far, so thank you all (once again) for this!

It's a funny old thing rivalry. Leicester are our main rivals but being in the Midlands, you could choose from about 7. None of them are bothered about us. Some Leicester fans have signed but Leeds for example won't because a previous chairman voted against their club when they got their 15 point deduction. As if that's the fans fault. Oh well!

The choc brown kit - often voted one of the worst kits ever! Some Covs like it. I'm on the fence with it to be honest!

WM

Signed. I've got a real soft spot for Coventry after our final game in the championship. Coventry had been relegated and we had our promotion to the prem. I remember looking up at the Coventry fans and the vast majority of them remained in their seats and watched as we celebrated. I couldn't of done that. Wish you all the best in what you're doing.

• 1 month later...

Got this reply this morning on email..

The e-petition 'Without Fans there is no Football' signed by you recently reached 17,240 signatures and a response has been made to it.

As this e-petition has received more than 10 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response: The government is aware of the challenging circumstances Coventry City FC fans and understand the frustration that supporters of Coventry must have about the temporary relocation. The Westminster Hall debate in October aired many of the concerns of supporters, MPs and the wider Coventry community. The Minister for Sport subsequently met with the Rt Hon Bob Ainsworth MP and Jeremy Wright MP, and has pursued their concerns with the Football League. The Football League take the matter of Coventry City returning to their home city very seriously, and have undertaken to keep the Minister informed of progress. The Club have committed to returning to Coventry within 3 years, with the FL holding a bond to this effect. We support all parties in their effort to develop and articulate that plan, to give confidence to the fans and wider community. More broadly, the football authorities have made significant moves over recent years to put clubs on a stronger financial footing within their communities. The Football Association Regulatory Authority (FARA) will ensure changes in club ownership are fully scrutinised. Financial Fair Play rules are now in force to encourage responsible spending. Both the Premier League and the Football Association are providing funding to supporter groups such as the Football Supporters Federation and Supporters Direct, and all Premier League and Football League clubs are now required to have a designated Supporter Liaison Officer. This is all welcome progress. This e-petition remains open to signatures and will be considered for debate by the Backbench Business Committee should it pass the 100 000 signature threshold.

Hopefully they can make more progress